Week 8: Dolphins at Bills

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah I understand that.  I think the Watson trade would have to happen before Tues anyway to give him any chance of being able to learn their offense.  

But it was a Bye week.  I would have to think the Coaches (maybe not the players) put some time in on Watson during the bye - Knowing how prepared McD likes to be.

I think it's something for the coaches to keep in the back of their minds, but I don't think it's worth actually drawing up scheme for. I don't know how quickly Watson could play for them. 

43 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah I understand that.  I think the Watson trade would have to happen before Tues anyway to give him any chance of being able to learn their offense.  

But it was a Bye week.  I would have to think the Coaches (maybe not the players) put some time in on Watson during the bye - Knowing how prepared McD likes to be.

It would be pretty unfathomable to think in 5 days a trade could go down, the physical completed, the benching of Tua, the playbook learned, and enough practice take place with Watson and the offense prior to them flying out on Saturday for him to take the field in Buffalo let alone the media barrage that would face the dolphins staff, players, coaches and the game itself. Media, women’s groups etc would be bearing down on OP if he was playing. 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Flores is a dead man walking here. I would be shocked if the Fins don't fire him after the season. Miami has to be one of the biggest disappointments given what the expectations were.

Right below SF

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

It's nice to have a Bills game on at 1:00 on Sunday. It's been a while.

Used to hate 1:00 pm start. I've grown accustomed to it and love it now!

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He did, he was able to complete a lot of p[asses in the middle of the field to fairly open receivers in relatively soft zone.  He is such an "Alabama" type QB, can complete the short & intermediate easy throws .

Good practice for the Pats!

Curious how Buffalo comes out.  I would like a decent amount of running game.  I think they will come out 4 and 5 wide.  Time will tell.  Buffalo is vastly superior in every phase.  Is it a ho hum cover or complete blow out?  Its rare to blow out a team twice.  I expect Mia to be scrappy early.

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Curious how Buffalo comes out.  I would like a decent amount of running game.  I think they will come out 4 and 5 wide.  Time will tell.  Buffalo is vastly superior in every phase.  Is it a ho hum cover or complete blow out?  Its rare to blow out a team twice.  I expect Mia to be scrappy early.

Will show a lot about the character of Miami's players.  They will be playing for their coach and their season.  Another blowout loss and going to 1-7 will push Miami's management to make a move on the coach.  I expect a competitive football game.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Will show a lot about the character of Miami's players.  They will be playing for their coach and their season.  Another blowout loss and going to 1-7 will push Miami's management to make a move on the coach.  I expect a competitive football game.

I dont know man, its been a bad start to the season obviously for them but the last two weeks have to be absolutely gut  wrenching for that team. Got beat by the Jags on a game winner, then come back and have the Falcons beat only to see them go down and kick a game winner while seeing Flores throwing stuff on the sidelines. I get you this might be last stand time but going on the road knowing a team already beat you 35-0, injured your starting QB and has flat out dominated you the last 4 years doesn't bode well for confidence I gotta think. 

Miami is gonna need the casket maker from the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns, the good thing is that Tua is small so the casket will be cheap…

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

This seems to be Buffalo's "thing" the last few years more often than not. They started the season running poorly, hit bye week and make some corrections. Run a bit better for a few games then get pass happy again. Last year IIRC they switched to more Lee Smith in the game. Wonder what tweaks they made this year.

I'm mildly concerned about this game. Not because of any pending trade for Watson, but because we'll be facing a team currently on a 6 game losing streak coming 2 straight tough losses in games they probably should have won.

Also this team knows they have to eventually show better against the Bills and aren't going to keep getting blown out every time. Even during the Pats dominance they dropped division games (ironically mostly against the Dolphins) and we typically played them close once each year and got blown out in the other game.

With that said I still have a hard time seeing the Bills drop this coming out of the bye week after what happened against the Titans, but it's truly a week to week league and you never really know what's going to happen.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

This seems to be Buffalo's "thing" the last few years more often than not. They started the season running poorly, hit bye week and make some corrections. Run a bit better for a few games then get pass happy again. Last year IIRC they switched to more Lee Smith in the game. Wonder what tweaks they made this year.

Vs some of these teams coming up, I dont see a need of going 5 wide and give the D a free shot at Allen.  I would be disgusted if Allen had a designed run outside of the 5.  Preserve Allen get the W.  Should be a win.  Establish a run game.  

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm mildly concerned about this game. Not because of any pending trade for Watson, but because we'll be facing a team currently on a 6 game losing streak coming 2 straight tough losses in games they probably should have won.

Also this team knows they have to eventually show better against the Bills and aren't going to keep getting blown out every time. Even during the Pats dominance they dropped division games (ironically mostly against the Dolphins) and we typically played them close once each year and got blown out in the other game.

With that said I still have a hard time seeing the Bills drop this coming out of the bye week after what happened against the Titans, but it's truly a week to week league and you never really know what's going to happen.

This is kind of where I live right now.  My mind says they will walk to a victory, but usually when you feel that way, you get surprised.  I recall the Dolphins game a couple years ago when they were like 0-6 and also the Jets game last year when they hung around.

With that said, the Bills could really make it so the Dolphins need to make severe change and scrapping their current 'rebuild' and administration, which not too long ago looked so promising, and had an embarrassment of riches in the way of draft picks.  

59 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

What is the plan going to be at TE?

As Hap said in another thread we'll most likely see Sweeney as TE1 getting the most snaps and TE targets. Followed by Gilliam & Gabe splitting the rest. I agree that Daboll will make the effort to get Gabe more involved these next 2 games.  We're just very fortunate to have a deep receiving corp.

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone here concerned about the Spencer Brown/Ogbah matchup. 

Ogbah is in a contract year, and is probably the best defensive player on the Fish roster. 

Since Knox isn't playing, if we keep the TE in on that side, we could have two rookies facing him.

37 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Jason McCourty and Malcolm Brown to IR

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/25/jason-mccourty-malcolm-brown-will-be-placed-on-ir/

Anything can happen, but it normally doesn't .. Buffalo should steamroll them

losing a safety the week you play the bills week can't be a good feeling for them....   

1 minute ago, BearNorth said:

Anyone here concerned about the Spencer Brown/Ogbah matchup. 

Ogbah is in a contract year, and is probably the best defensive player on the Fish roster. 

Since Knox isn't playing, if we keep the TE in on that side, we could have two rookies facing him.

if we had Brady at QB maybe... not with Allen

I never like taking wins for granted.  In the NFL, anything can happen on any given Sunday.  But honestly, I will be STUNNED if the Bills lose this game.  Heck, even if it is close, it may be cause for a little bit of concern.

The offense is averaging over 32 points a game (and, in my opinion, have not played even close to their best game yet).  Against the Titans, they scored 31.  So, the offense did what they do in that game.  Were there missed opportunities?  Yes.  Should they have scored more?  Yes.  But the offense put up over 30 points and I don't care who we are playing, if we score over 30, even if it is a struggle to get there, we should win every time.  The fact is our defense got our heads kicked in against the Titans.  We couldn't stop a nosebleed.  For the first time all season, this defense looked outclassed.  The thing is, we have a lot of prideful guys on this defense and I know they were embarrassed by what happened last Monday.  They will be coming out with something to prove on Sunday and it just so happens it is against the Dolphins.  Will be shut them down completely?  Probably not.  But they should not score more that 17 points.  So, all that said, as long as the offense continues to do what they do, we should win this one going away.  Could there be some garbage time scores?  Sure.  But while we are out there actually playing to win, this should not be close.  Bills 38, Fins 17

GO BILLS!!!

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

If you're looking to get rid of your case of "the mondays" give this score prediction link a click from Finheaven. My personal favorite was "Flo tries to show his human side by trying to high five every team member as they run out from the tunnel. Every player leaves him hangin....until Tua, who slaps him." 🤣

https://finheaven.com/threads/final-score-miami-dolphins-v-buffalo-bills.369180/

I like this one. 

I want Miami to go 1-15 to hopefully guarantee that Ross will replace Grier and Flores. But, I have terrible luck, so that means that Miami will win and Ross will give those two a contract extension and a pay raise following the game.

Fins - 31
Bills - 28

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.