Week 8: Dolphins at Bills

YoloinOhio

16 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Guess Diggs didn't get the memo... lol

Pat McAfee

@PatMcAfeeShow

How vastly different is coaching in the NFL compared to College?? "In College you call your coaches Coach & in the NFL you call them by their name.. that might seem like a small detail to some but it's not to those of us who played" ~@AaronRodgers12

I am really getting tired of Aaron  Rodgers and his shtick &  arrogant little comments "those of us who played" as if he is one of the anointed ones..

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Theres actually no Stephen A. in this clip. Which is refreshing...Debate on the best team in the AFC at this point in time. Orlovsky pounding the table for Buffalo. Only thing i disagree with is him saying we dont have a single weakness. Our O-line is a CLEAR weakness. We just have a magician behind center that masks it as good as anyone ever could.... not included in this clip is Woody admitting right at the very end of the segment that he picked Buffalo out of the AFC before the season started. He just wanted to give Dan a hard time. 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean it really probably just depends on the coach/player. Plus I wonder if Aaron Rodgers did that early on with his first coach.

I guess when you feel like you should be the guy running the franchise then you call people whatever you want to call them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I am really getting tired of Aaron  Rodgers and his shtick &  arrogant little comments "those of us who played" as if he is one of the anointed ones..

Well....

.....I mean, when a guy only has a 16 year NFL career including 5 conference championship games, a SB win, 9 probowl appearances, 3 1st ballot all-pros, 2 league MVPs, and his team has been top 10 in passing offense all but 3 of those 16 years, clearly he's "Just a Guy" and he should STFU to avoid fatiguing @RoyBatty is alive

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Theres actually no Stephen A. in this clip. Which is refreshing...Debate on the best team in the AFC at this point in time. Orlovsky pounding the table for Buffalo. Only thing i disagree with is him saying we dont have a single weakness. Our O-line is a CLEAR weakness. We just have a magician behind center that masks it as good as anyone ever could.... not included in this clip is Woody admitting right at the very end of the segment that he picked Buffalo out of the AFC before the season started. He just wanted to give Dan a hard time. 

Relative to the rest of our team our O line is a weakness. Relative to the rest of the league, I’m not so sure. Some teams it can dominate against while other teams can hand it it’s ass. 

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well....

.....I mean, when a guy only has a 16 year NFL career including 5 conference championship games, a SB win, 9 probowl appearances, 3 1st ballot all-pros, 2 league MVPs, and his team has been top 10 in passing offense all but 3 of those 16 years, clearly he's "Just a Guy" and he should STFU to avoid fatiguing @RoyBatty is alive

I didnt use the term STFU, that is yours so dont attach it to me, nor did I imply he is "just a guy".

Did you omit any of his other accomplishments? 

In other words, if you are a great accomplished football player you can be a drama queen and stretch out all that off season non-sense for weeks because you earned it, got it.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

I think Frazier outsmarted himself by sitting Epenesa vs. the Titans. Easy for me to say in hindsight I know. 

Marino talked about this on the Locked On Bills podcast and made I point I tend to agree with. 

Having such a deep roster, it creates a situation where the coach is more liable to overthink the matchups.

Just play your studs.

Don't sit Epenesa because you want to keep an extra DT and another guy for special teams. You may think you have a matchup to take advantage of, but you're essentially sitting a starting DE for a backup player. Don't do it.

I think one of the key stats before the game was the Titans giving up the most sacks in the league. As a coach you can say 1. "we can afford to sit a starting DE because we'll get sacks anyway..." or 2. "Let's let our starting DE eat!"

(You can say Epenesa technically isn't a starter, but I think that's splitting hairs with this DL rotation.) When they announced he'd be sitting, I questioned that immediately. This is a game where they could get to the QB easily, so why would you sit a key pass rusher and make it a little bit easier on the QB? So, it's not really hindsight. I think it was a clear mistake that the coaching staff needs to learn from.

Just play your studs.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

23 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree with this guy:

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I didnt use the term STFU, that is yours so dont attach it to me, nor did I imply he is "just a guy".

Did you omit any of his other accomplishments? 

In other words, if you are a great accomplished football player you can be a drama queen and stretch out all that off season non-sense for weeks because you earned it, got it.

If you want to complain about what was literally said or not said, Pot Kettle Black.  We weren't talking about his "off season nonsense" or about him being a drama queen.  We were talking about his comment about calling his coaches by name.

You said "I am really getting tired of Aaron  Rodgers and his shtick &  arrogant little comments "those of us who played" as if he is one of the anointed ones..

Whether or not "getting tired of his comments" implies he should STFU, and whether or not "as if he is one of the annointed ones" implies "he is JAG", I leave to the intelligent reader.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

46 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Marino talked about this on the Locked On Bills podcast and made I point I tend to agree with. 

Having such a deep roster, it creates a situation where the coach is more liable to overthink the matchups.

Just play your studs.

Don't sit Epenesa because you want to keep an extra DT and another guy for special teams. You may think you have a matchup to take advantage of, but you're essentially sitting a starting DE for a backup player. Don't do it.

Just play your studs.

Its evident that Frazier doesnt think AJE is a stud. If he was, AJE would never sit, no matter what the match-ups say. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Fan in Chicago said:

Its evident that Frazier doesnt think AJE is a stud. If he was, AJE would never sit, no matter what the match-ups say. 

I think he would put Epenesa higher than Andre Smith, Tyrel Dodson, Efe Obada, and maybe Harry and Zimmer.

It's possible that Epenesa is having bad practices. He certainly hasn't had as much of an impact since his first couple weeks, but neither have the guys who were active over him.

I also know the coaches make certain decisions for the sake of helping a player's growth/humility even if it doesn't give them the best tactical advantage for a regular season game.

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not liking Spencer Brown on there.  The good news is that we have a good RT on the roster in Williams.  The question is how would they handle the guards?

Not a fan of putting Cody Ford back in the lineup. 

Can Boettger play RG, or would they put him in at LG and move Feliciano to LG?

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

It's time to say something.

Diggs' shorts are TOO short.

Flowchart for determining excessive shortness of shorts:

Can you see Peter?

Yes -> too short

No -> they're good

21 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Short shorts are the best man. If you got the legs for them I highly recommend the short inseam.

agreed. i dont own a pair of shorts in the summer that ride on the lower half of my thigh.... they gotta breath. i work hard for these holiday hams.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.