Week 8: Dolphins at Bills

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

They'll probably play us very tough to start but if we can pile up some touchdowns I think they'll collapse pretty quickly.

Wonder if they go a similar route to what Detroit tried on Sunday, pull out all the trick plays, go for it on 4th downs.  They have nothing to lose at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

Oh my goodness!!!

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/2021/10/25/miami-dolphins-buffalo-bills-picks-predictions-nfl-week-8-game/6111593001/

CBS Sports: Bills 31, Dolphins 28

Tyler Sullivan writes: "Despite Tua Tagovailoa likely taking positive strides in his development in Year 2, it's unlikely he ascends to the level where he can go toe to toe with Allen at the moment. The Bills complete the season sweep

LOL. In Buffalo?

So they scored 18 ppg against everyone and ZERO against da Bills 

33 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Oh my goodness!!!

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/2021/10/25/miami-dolphins-buffalo-bills-picks-predictions-nfl-week-8-game/6111593001/

Tyler Sullivan writes: "Despite Tua Tagovailoa likely taking positive strides in his development in Year 2, it's unlikely he ascends to the level where he can go toe to toe with Allen at the moment. The Bills complete the season sweep

LOL. In Buffalo?

The Dolphins are not going to score 28 points on the Bills in the next two games they play.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

The last two years the Bills have come out of the bye very sluggish.   They were a little lucky to beat the Chargers last year and were losing to the Dolphins at halftime in 2019 if I recall correctly.   I don’t think this is a blowout.

At some point Miami has to play better right? right? right?right? I'm not betting on it starting this week.

16 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

The last two years the Bills have come out of the bye very sluggish.   They were a little lucky to beat the Chargers last year and were losing to the Dolphins at halftime in 2019 if I recall correctly.   I don’t think this is a blowout.

100% agree

8 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I have a question for all here.  With Practices starting Wed, do you think the Bills defense builds in a couple game plans.  With all the rumors that will not go away between Watson and Mia, so you think the Bills put a little time in Practicing and building for a Watson led MIA as well?

I personally believe that even if Watson is traded this week there will not be enough time in this week to get him ready to play, but I would think that McD, who likes to be ultra prepared might be thinking of a possibility where Tua isnt the QB Sunday.

More likely that McD has another gameplan in place for Brissett for when Tua gets knocked from the game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Is it wrong to take joy in Trubisky trending on Twitter since yesterday and all because of Fields level of play?

Justin “I was expecting the NFL to be faster” Fields! 

I love it when this kid has a bad game.

(I know contextually it wasn’t as bad as it sounds. Even so, no successful QB has ever said they expected the NFL game to be slower regardless of defense. Still a dumb quote)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Oh my goodness!!!

LOL. In Buffalo?

Isn't that a contradiction?  Which is it?  Tua cant go toe to to with Allen or Miami keeps it within 3?  Bad writing IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

The Bills may have started a little slow against the Chargers but little lucky? 17-6 at the half. Bills got ball second half and proceeded to go up 24-6.  The Bills started with the lead and were never in danger of losing it really.

Yes Fitz played us pretty tough.  They were up 14-9 at the half.  The Bills took the lead in the 3rd and while they never looked back, superfans were scared of an onside kick that Hyde ran in because the Dolphins had 1:38 left to get two scores.

44 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

At some point Miami has to play better right? right? right?right? I'm not betting on it starting this week.

Thats what some fans want to believe before the season every year while they get all worried about the tough schedule. Then move on to say the Bills had the weakest schedule in the NFL.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Oh my goodness!!!

LOL. In Buffalo?

As mentioned in another post, don't be surprised if this game is a lot closer than some expect.

The Bills aren't going to win every game against the Dolphins by 3+ scores and eventually they will beat us again.

But at this point can't see the Bills coming out of the bye week unfocused and not taking care of business here. If that were to happen though than this team is an obvious fraud in the first place....

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The Bills may have started a little slow against the Chargers but little lucky? 17-6 at the half. Bills got ball second half and proceeded to go up 24-6.  The Bills started with the lead and were never in danger of losing it really.

Yes Fitz played us pretty tough.  They were up 14-9 at the half.  The Bills took the lead in the 3rd and while they never looked back, superfans were scared of an onside kick that Hyde ran in because the Dolphins had 1:38 left to get two scores.

Thats what some fans want to believe before the season every year while they get all worried about the tough schedule. Then move on to say the Bills had the weakest schedule in the NFL.

The Bills had 3 turnovers on 3 straight possessions in the 2nd half.  The Chargers were driving down the field at 24 - 17 when Tre baled out the offense with a late interception.  Lynn helped the Bills out with some bad decisions and clock management.  All would agree the Bills performance was not that good overall that day. 

5 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

The Bills had 3 turnovers on 3 straight possessions in the 2nd half.  The Chargers were driving down the field at 24 - 17 when Tre baled out the offense with a late interception.  Lynn helped the Bills out with some bad decisions and clock management.  All would agree the Bills performance was not that good overall that day. 

So the Bills had turnovers and then the Chargers had turnover.  That = Bills lucky.  Bills had an int and lost two fumble.  Herbert had an int and fumbled twice but recovered.  Somehow its the Bills that are lucky.  The Bills won by two scores.  Id say the Chargers were lucky they recovered both of their fumbles.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

So what you're saying is the Bills weren't as sharp as you'd hoped, but still won, and you're betting it will happen again. I'm saying don't bet on it, I think the Dolphins are they're little brother and the Bills will beat the hell out of them.

4 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

So what you're saying is the Bills weren't as sharp as you'd hoped, but still won, and you're betting it will happen again. I'm saying don't bet on it, I think the Dolphins are they're little brother and the Bills will beat the hell out of them.

Pretty much correct.   I just don’t think it will be a blowout in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 2

Not too concerned about the red zone issue yet. The name of the game on Offense is scoring, and they’re 2nd overall in that category. Maybe their lack of a consistent ground attack is holding them back in that area? Anyway, I think Daboll and co will get things sorted out. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Cover 1 did a video on the RZ stuff.

In a nutshell, Defenses are playing way more Zone against the Bills, and the Bills tear them up anyway between the 20s. Defenses basically never play man against us in the RZ anymore because Josh annihilated them.  So they Rush 4, Drop 7 into zone and show light boxes to invite RPOs.  Then they play Rally n' Tackle vs RPOs while clogging the middle passing lanes with zone defenders.  Defenses are terrified of Josh, but they know seam throws aren't his strength, so they invite the run, funnel routes to the boundaries, blanket the middle and leave the hash marks/numbers.

• Thank you (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.