Jets Carl Lawson suffers leg injury **Update - Out for the season

Virgil

23 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Because when you tear an achilles your calf muscle rolls up like a window shade and it looks pretty nasty.

Oh ok. Didn't know that. Consider me informed....So was his like that? Or don't know?

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

Has it been confirmed that he's out for the season?

An insider on the Jets forum (that many of their longtime members recognize as such) says he's done for the year and it will be official soon. 

and it's official from Jets beat writer:

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to Jets Carl Lawson suffers leg injury **Update - Out for the season

They should just stop with signing high priced free agents. It’s like a curse. Mosley, Bell, lawson, Perriman, Desir, Kalil.. 

Some of those signings looked great. But nothing seems to work for them. They might as well keep their money and extend players they have. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I hate the jets but this is terrible 

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Blow for the kid and huge blow for the Jets. I watched the first episode of their equivalent of embedded the other night from their camp and they were really, really high on him. Tough break for Saleh.

I just popped over to jets nation to see the fan reactions and they are pretty devastated. Apparently he was a monster in camp. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah but was he looking good because he was going up against Becton?

No.

48 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

The Jets were really counting on Lawson to help upgrade their pass rush.  Saleh's defense is predicated on getting pressure from the defensive line.

They still have a good pass rush without him, but losing a guy with his ability who looked like he was going to take it up another level hurts them a lot. They're secondary is weak and that strong pass rush was likely going to hide some of those warts. 

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah but was he looking good because he was going up against Becton?

Becton has some monster run blocking tape but he’s a liability in pass pro, missed a ton of time last year for minor injuries and came into camp out of shape. 

Some Jets fans are not in love with him right now. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Becton has some monster run blocking tape but he’s a liability in pass pro, missed a ton of time last year for minor injuries and came into camp out of shape. 

This reminds me of the Karlos Williams issue when Rex was here. But Becton being a first round pick coming to camp out of shape in his second year? I hate the Jets but can't deny their franchise is snake bit

24 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Shocking, considering a scout said he loved cooking and food more than football.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Oh god, please prayers guys.  I hate this crap.  I get a hammy for a couple of weeks or whatever as it’s sports, but anyone, and I mean anyone (insert the player you hate most) is wrong to want or accept a terrible injury.

There’s no Tom Brady exception to this? I mean… nothing life-long but just enough to finally put an end his football career and relieve America from having to see his mug everywhere.

Really bad for him, hope he heals quickly.