Is Moss the best closer we have had since Thurman?

Hebert19

When we have a lead in the 4th we just crush the clock.   Every time.   Some of it is creativity from daboll but Moss just seems to put his big boy pants on and run through people to get tough yards and keep clock moving.   

Anyone else just feel like we could hold the ball as long as we want to close the game.  

Few weeks back it was 6 min.  Then 7 at steelers almost 6 again last night.  

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am sort of confused how the run game becomes so dominant in the last 10 minutes when the other team knows we are going to run. 

I think with our heavy time of possession, esp yesterday, the defense is fatigued. Plus at the end of these games they are psychologically defeated.  Had we kept Allen in passing we could have really run up the score.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

No. Clearly not. Shady, Fred, Lynch... I could go on. He's OK, but give me Fred any day. I like Moss, but he doesn't even belong in this conversation. We have 2 pretty good RB's, but thus far neither is a serious probowl candidate.

It would be nice to have an upgrade at RB, I agree that they're both pretty good but really nothing special. 

• Like (+1) 3

Moss has looked much better than Singletary the past few games in my mind. While Singletary is excellent at making guys miss, he's too slow to consistently get big gains, and he also seems to go down much easier than Moss. Moss is bigger, faster, & a better receiver, I'd love to see what he could do with 20 touches in a playoff game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

No, Moss is thus far doing okay,  we’ve had many better, T Henry, Beast mode, Fred Jackson,  Karlos Williams, till he got fat and stupid, etc etc. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

What did we do before social media and message boards? I mean I love a good hyperbole just as much as anyone else, but man, with the amount of GOATS, worst players ever, cut him right now, sign this guy because I’ve heard of him...it’s gotten a little out of hand! 

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Right now he's better than Singletary. Neither back can explode to the hole but I'd give 60% of the touches to Moss. Devin is just so damn slow. It's like watching paint dry.

Singletary has become like one of those backs who’d run for two hundred yards against the Bills every year and we’d all say ‘who the heck is that guy’?  He’s regressed into mediocrity all season long...so I’m waiting for him to go off in the playoffs. 🤞🏽

6 hours ago, 947 said:

Moss has looked much better than Singletary the past few games in my mind. While Singletary is excellent at making guys miss, he's too slow to consistently get big gains, and he also seems to go down much easier than Moss. Moss is bigger, faster, & a better receiver, I'd love to see what he could do with 20 touches in a playoff game.

Singletary has also been pretty awesome picking up the odd free rusher protecting Allen.

Both backs seem to be getting well coached in that regard.

7 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

When we have a lead in the 4th we just crush the clock.   Every time.   Some of it is creativity from daboll but Moss just seems to put his big boy pants on and run through people to get tough yards and keep clock moving.   

Anyone else just feel like we could hold the ball as long as we want to close the game.  

He's averaging 1.17  1st downs and 16.9 yards per 4th Q....so, maybe not so much.

6 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

No, Moss is thus far doing okay,  we’ve had many better, T Henry, Beast mode, Fred Jackson,  Karlos Williams, till he got fat and stupid, etc etc. 

Go Bills!!!

Don, can you move, Karlos was in that buffet line.  You know he had that glaucoma problem.  Vilanch will tell ya. (Just kidding Bruce, but I believe Karlos liked that wacky tabackky a little too much).

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Don, can you move, Karlos was in that buffet line.  You know he had that glaucoma problem.  Vilanch will tell ya. (Just kidding Bruce, but I believe Karlos liked that wacky tabackky a little too much).

That’s why he had the munchies all the time...

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

No, not even close.  

What an overreaction to the pats games this season.  

100% on point. 
since Thurman we’ve had some really good RBs come thru here. 
Travis Henry, McGahee, Lynch and Freddie could all be considered top shelf “closers” of a much higher caliber than Moss at this point in his career. 
Give it a year or three and then let’s see if this is a legit discussion.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I noticed this and was telling a friend...that is what championship caliber teams do. Grind the clock and the teams hopes to dust in the fourth quarter,  when leading.  The really good ones manage to do it consistently. 

32 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Moss and Singletary are both productive backs.. Are they elite? By no stretch of the imagination, but it’s better to have two slightly above average backs than one elite one.

I'm gonna have to disagree with that part...

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, bmur66 said:

I couldn’t help but think what it would be like to have FJ in his prime on this team

We would EASILY be superbowl favorites with a healthy Fred Jackson in his prime. Our offense would be completely unstoppable and win shootouts against the likes of KC and GB 9 times outta 10.

Our defense has crept back in the top 10 overall and im sure is top 5 the last 5-6 weeks. Even the most realist of Bills fans would admit we are fans and it would be superbowl or bust.

Now, back to reality. Our RB Corp is good but closer to average than great. With our passing game as great as it is...it doesn't even matter.

We started out trying to beat the Pats the same way we did the first time. Running the ball down their throats. Belichick was prepared and of course wasn't gonna let that happen so Daboll said ok ***** it then...we'll pass all over your assessment. And thats what happened and we were much more dominant this time around.

Bottom line is...imo...we can win with this running game. Its not even close to where anyone can legitimately claime the Bills have to improve in that area to win. Average is good enough for a team with our passing caliber and these backs are skillful enough to easily maintain the minimum average results to contend. Being able to run it against exhausted defenses burned out from chasing around pass catchers all game is priceless and what we do effectively.

Its with great honor to be able to confidently declare the Bills as the strongest team entering the playoffs since the superbowl years. And that was pre middle school for me so what a declaration this is! I'm not a homer by any stretch...I'm a true realist I expected it to be our defense to carry us in out next run with an offense that was top 10 but one that would widely be accepted as efficient and not elite. A fringe top 10 offense that could contend with KC cause of our top defense.

Wrong!

And im loving it! With McD being a defensive minded coach...we should all be SUPER elated to have gotten to this status with the offense leading the way.

GREAT THINGS AHEAD BILLS FANS!

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think with our heavy time of possession, esp yesterday, the defense is fatigued. Plus at the end of these games they are psychologically defeated.  Had we kept Allen in passing we could have really run up the score.

I wanted an appropriate reaction emoji and not to have to reply.

...alas, there is no reaction empji for drooling.

• Haha (+1) 1