Week 16: Bills at Pats on MNF

YoloinOhio

On 12/21/2020 at 1:37 AM, Chandler#81 said:

Wilma: Fred? Where are you going?

Fred: to the Lodge!

C6499359-9CF9-4A71-91F7-60043BF6FDF8.jpeg

You want funny the GF and I watched The Flintstone movie with John Goodman last Saturday before the Bills game.

I said to her look the first Bills Mafia and she almost peed she laughed so hard ;)

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The Patriots will be un leashing the pop-gun offense

Bills 24

Pop Gun 13

I want a 50 spot on them like they use to do to the Bills when the team stunk.

52-10 seems like a good score:)

Lets Go Josh....  After this week I want

1. - Win

2. - NFL Record for most TD receivers with 14

3. - 360 yards and Bills Record for most passing yards in a Season

4. - 4 passing TDs Passing Jim for the record of passing TDs in a single season

5. - 5th AFC POTW (all but locking in the MVP imo)

Do those things ad you can take a rest in week 17, to get ready for our Super Bow RUN.  LETS Fing GO

• Like (+1) 5

Look, I'm greedy, OK...sue me (please don't).

However, as I believe this will be Josh's last regular season game of the year as they will clinch the #2 spot I really need some stat padding, you know, for the overall picture of the season.

I am never like this, but here goes:  400 + passing, with at least 4 TD passes and 5 tds total.  Get to 34 TD passes, get to at least 44 total tds and call it a day.  Win your fifth AFC Offensive Player of the Week award and lock up your second AFC Offensive Player of the month.

AND NO, PLEASE DON'T LET THE KID HAVE TO HAVE AN "L" ON HIS RECORD BY HAVING HIM PLAY TWO SERIES AGAINST Miami.

EDIT:  Extremely petty of me, but if he must play have Barkley start the game and then Allen comes in for 2 series.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1

If the Titans upset GB this weekend then we need to win Monday night. Also it would leave reason for us to play to win the final week. This is what I want. Is to be forced to keep playing good football. That way there is no second guessing if coaches should have tested players. We just keep playing to win. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Old timer chiming in here. Back in the 60’s, there were true Boston Patriots fans -and they were worthy! Jim Nance was a menace of a RB. Then they fell off a cliff. But around the time they changed their name to New England Patriots* -with the deserved *, most fans had turned their allegiance to the NY Giants. Schaffer Stadium was barren of fans and their future was in doubt. In fairness, Boston is a huge historical city and they have teams in all 4 major sports. So blowing off one crap franchise is completely understandable. When Kraft stepped in and hired Vader, the franchise was virtually reborn and band wagoners ascended in droves. Most have never heard of Gino “the Duke” Cappelletti, Babe Parillli and Nance. If Darth chooses to ‘hang ‘em up’ soon, History will repeat itself and we’ll begin to chip away at the stunning w/l record. Maybe we should buy Bill a rocking chair for MNF..

🤔

Yes,  I remember the Boston Patriots and their cast of AFL players.  Never understood why Jim Nance didn’t dominate more.  What a load.  Two really great seasons, 66 and 67, then he faded.   Another Syracuse monster fullback (Brown and Csonka).  

I could not say that the old Boston fans are any more “worthy” than today’s version.  Times have changed a lot.   They did stick with the Sox for decades but they jump off that bandwagon quickly too.  

I have four unsolicited emails/texts from my New England Colleagues and friends after this weekends elimination: 

1.  “We just need a QB, our defense is good, and BB is the Goat,  yadda yadda ...” 

2.  “ We should have kept Brady, the Bills still suck” 

3. “ 6 rings to 0.  Blah, blah ...”

4.  “Good luck, I’d like to see Buffalo win one”. 

I just want to beat them on MNF and take this one game at a time.  

• Like (+1) 1

Also I want to add John Warrow on these zoom calls is a hot mess. I’m pretty sure he’s going through menopause. A couple days ago he was in a robe. Lol. He’s like the crazy old dude from any of the apocalypse movies. He can’t seem to ever ask the question he wants to. Like he’s shocked he even got a chance to ask a question and now he’s too excited to spit it out. 

• Haha (+1) 2

All I want get in n get out and be injury-free.  I'd like it to be crisp and clean up all the penalties we had last week, other than that I don't have any expectation.   

Personally I think this team should just be a chameleon that can go in and attack and teams weakness and be efficient doing it regardless of what it is

I just can't say enough about the performance of Josh the last month...  every game he gets better and better..   the Denver game was outstanding...   this dude is on a course that has him the best QB the bills have ever seen..  I watched the bills in the 90 they were damn good... Kelly was a great but the stuff Allen has been doing recently is next level stuff....  Kelly had a cannon for an arm as well, but it's not in Allen neighborhood...   the thing that is most impressive is the mental part of the game, he seem so much more calm in the pocket and waiting for receivers to hit the next opening is fantastic stuff. 

looking forward to seeing how far he has progressed since the first meeting with the pats....  Hopefully they let him throw the ball more, 25-30 times...   build a nice lead then run over them the rest of the game

Edited by gordong
  • Like (+1) 3

We haven’t won anything yet but the division. All that ensures is a home playoff game, that’s it. All this talk about setting 15 different records, throwing to a dozen different players getting up by 50 and resting Josh for the second half is a bit premature.

It’s a division game. As lopsided as it looks like it should be, that doesn’t mean a thing.

We need to come out with a W #1, and healthy #2. Anything more than that is just gravy. 

Stay humble and hungry

• Like (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, gordong said:

I just can't say enough about the performance of Josh the last month...  every game he gets better and better..   the Denver game was outstanding...   this dude is on a course that has him the best QB the bills have ever seen..  I watched the bills in the 90 they were damn good... Kelly was a great but the stuff Allen has been doing recently is next level stuff....  Kelly had a cannon for an arm as well, but it's not in Allen neighborhood...   the thing that is most impressive is the mental part of the game, he seem so much more calm in the pocket and waiting for receivers to hit the next opening is fantastic stuff. 

looking forward to seeing how far he has progressed since the first meeting with the pats....  Hopefully they let me throw the ball more 25-30 times...   build a nice lead then run over them the rest of the game

One think I admired about Tyrod was his mobility and the ability to keep plays alive with his legs. I thought for certain we would lose that dimension when Josh came along. Wow Josh takes that mobility and pocket awareness to another level! Just mind blowing some of the situations he escapes from. 

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

One think I admired about Tyrod was his mobility and the ability to keep plays alive with his legs. I thought for certain we would lose that dimension when Josh came along. Wow Josh takes that mobility and pocket awareness to another level! Just mind blowing some of the situations he escapes from. 

During the Denver game, Josh Allen was tripped and still made the first down by passing it to Diggs.

I told my two kids after that play that I used to dislike QBs that would do that against our defense.

Now we have a QB that does that to defenses. 🤣

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I agree, old friend. Our oline, however, does not seem constructed to allow a proactive running attack, as it were. They're simply not good enough as run blockers to allow that to be a primary option. OTOH, they are quite good at pass protection. Once the pass game is clicking, the effectiveness of our run game increases. (At least, this is my sense of things.)

McD's process may not allow for "simply not good enough" in my humble opinion. Buffalo needs to be able to run the football at will because weather conditions at the Ralph may not allow a for a finesse passing attack IMO.  I understand where your coming from although up until the bye a high powered passing attack in most instances has not helped a sputtering run game. Myself personally, it had more to do with not getting the RB's enough involved in the O to get a feel for the playing surface.  How individuals on the Oline are blocking, or how the opposition is trying to defend them. It takes touches to get the motor going.( run or pass ) From the looks of it McD/Daboll are in the process of remedying the problem IMO.

So while I agree my friend, the pass does open up the run. I think the answer we are looking for is somewhere in the middle.

Edited by Figster

28 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

I see Roberts is not practicing.  Am I the only one that does not like Hyde back there on kick/Punt returns?  That safety tandem are way to important for the D.  Has to be someone else that can do return duty.

i am with you. Or if Hyde is back there on punts, he needs to be told to fair catch every time. 

I don’t know why they don’t try McKenzie back there, at least on punts. The other guy that seems like he could be decent is Kumerow. Not sure how fast he is— but something about him makes me think he is fast enough and strong to at least have some decent kick returns. 

19 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i am with you. Or if Hyde is back there on punts, he needs to be told to fair catch every time. 

I don’t know why they don’t try McKenzie back there, at least on punts. The other guy that seems like he could be decent is Kumerow. Not sure how fast he is— but something about him makes me think he is fast enough and strong to at least have some decent kick returns. 

They have tried mckenzie and it’s an adventure - no thank you 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1