Week 16: Bills at Pats on MNF

YoloinOhio

I could see Daboll and McDermott trying to send a message in this game and have Allen drop back and throw it almost every play in the 1st half like they did against Seattle and try and run Belicheat and the Pats out of the building on National TV to put an exclamation point on their suite of consecutive Primetime Games.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

Well seeing that it is Boston there is bound to be "fishy" stuff close by, sarcasm by the way if you didn't get it.  I can agree there is alot of speculation but as they say....where there is smoke, there is fire.  No denying that......there is much more that went on that didn't get caught outright.  With Robert being basically Goodells boss also led to things being....lets say "managed".

For your first sentence...i really didn't put much stake into it...and in bold is why i said I do not deal with conspiracy theories for this very same reason...i like to deal with facts and not what some want speculate. There are 32 owners who Roger Goodell has to deal with but to fans who hate the patriots he is working for them solely..yea just that line of thinking i don't wanna waste my time debating with.   

Edited by Ghost_002!

44 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Multiple teams over the years have indicated that their headsets would inexplicably be disconnected while playing at New England.  Anecdotal, sure, but as others have said, where there is smoke there is fire.  The Patriots are known cheaters and dirt bags.  And they are out of the playoffs and in a rebuild.  Enjoy it!!

Yup teams have indicated it BUT NOTHING WAS EVER PROVEN...and when you say that....fans do not want to believe it because fiction is so much better than reality....i can recall  Mike Tomlin screaming about his headset  not working after a lost instead of the simple fact he kept using the same damn defense over the years making it so easy for Brady and BB to decipher what they were seeing

And this is the same Mike Tomlin  who "interfered" with a Raven's returner about to score by stepping on the field and tackling him., but he wants to scream about "interface"? funny how it's viewed when you aren't on the other side of things...

And this dirty bag organizations according to the fans..but players still play for them, and still would come to NE....

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Yup teams have indicated it BUT NOTHING WAS EVER PROVEN...and when you say that....fans do not want to believe it because fiction is so much better than reality....i can recall  Mike Tomlin screaming about his headset  not working after a lost instead of the simple fact he kept using the same damn defense over the years making it so easy for Brady and BB to decipher what they were seeing

And this is the same Mike Tomlin  who "interfered" with a Raven's returner about to score by stepping on the field and tackling him., but he wants to scream about "interface"? funny how it's viewed when you aren't on the other side of things...

And this dirty bag organizations according to the fans..but players still play for them, and still would come to NE....

I mean plenty of players have left and made it clear they didn’t like playing there or the culture there. Look at all the players who opted out this season, more than any other team in the league. 

Tom just left for a variety of reasons related to the reason he was treated by Bill over the years. 

Belichick’s schtick only works when you’re having a ton of success. Look at all of the countless Patriots coaches who have gone on to be head coaches, tried to replicate Bill‘s behavior and failed miserably. It takes a top notch QB to get away with what Bill does and win consistently. That goes away and they become Matt Patricia or Bill Belichick on the Cleveland Browns. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

So glad I'm not a Pats* fan-- something I've said for many years.

• Like (+1) 1

What I'd like to see next Monday night:

1.  Pound the rock with Singletary and Moss.  Pats have given up staggering 436 yards on the ground last two games.

2. Give John Brown some work if he's healthy.

3.  Give Diggs the night off if he's not 100%.

4.  Give Daryl Williams the night off if he's not 100%.

5. Experiment with Milano, Edmunds and Klein all on the field at the same time (a 4-3; revolutionary!) and see how it performs against NE run game.  We may be up against run-heavy teams (TENN, BALT, CLEV) in the playoffs and having an extra wrinkle to throw at them may come in handy.

6. Win to move closer to #2 seed.

7. Leave healthy. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I mean plenty of players have left and made it clear they didn’t like playing there or the culture there. Look at all the players who opted out this season, more than any other team in the league. 

Tom just left for a variety of reasons related to the reason he was treated by Bill over the years. 

Belichick’s schtick only works when you’re having a ton of success. Look at all of the countless Patriots coaches who have gone on to be head coaches, tried to replicate Bill‘s behavior and failed miserably. It takes a top notch QB to get away with what Bill does and win consistently. That goes away and they become Matt Patricia or Bill Belichick on the Cleveland Browns. 

Come on...

You think EVERY player will like their stay on every team they been on? You think there aren't players who didn't like playing for Bills? fortunately for the Pats it ain't enough to stop players from coming here and the opt outs had nothing to do with the culture. Those opt outs had to deal with the health of their unborn babies and kids....and the opt outs all have confirmed to be coming back.  

Tom and BB had their up and downs not denying that...if BB gave Tom close to the money he got in Tampa Bay, you think he would stay?

BBs coaching tree or the lack there of has nothing to do with BB and more to do with those coaches trying to be BB., let's also not forget B.Flores and Bill O'Brien (coaching wise) being on that tree (as i said before. Bill O'Brien the GM got Bill O'Brien the coach fired) he had a decent win/loss record with the Texans and had won playoff games....where he messed up was getting rid of Hopkins and it all went down from there..

and about BB....he is old school similar to Bill Parcells and nobody complains about Bill Parcells.....it's football man. They do not take any BS and yes their success helps and they are highly respected around the league....of course not everyone is going to agree but overall they have been successful and respected by their peers...thats all that matters.   

Edited by Ghost_002!

Someone needs to tell Josh Allen to fall over if he gets tapped by so much as a pinky. I don't want to see him running or taking big hits. Take long developing routes out of the play book. Go run heavy and play defense. If we beat them playing vanilla, great. If we lose, oh well. Nothing is more important than making sure Allen and Diggs come out of the game healthy.

5 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

What I'd like to see next Monday night:

1.  Pound the rock with Singletary and Moss.  Pats have given up staggering 436 yards on the ground last two games.

2. Give John Brown some work if he's healthy.

3.  Give Diggs the night off if he's not 100%.

4.  Give Daryl Williams the night off if he's not 100%.

5. Experiment with Milano, Edmunds and Klein all on the field at the same time (a 4-3; revolutionary!) and see how it performs against NE run game.  We may be up against run-heavy teams (TENN, BALT, CLEV) in the playoffs and having an extra wrinkle to throw at them may come in handy.

6. Win to move closer to #2 seed.

7. Leave healthy. 

do people still say pound the rock? Anyway, we are a passing team that mixes in the run...

26 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Come on...

You think EVERY player will like their stay on every team they been on? You think there aren't players who didn't like playing for Bills? Unfortunately in the Pats case,  it ain't enough to stop players from coming there.  And the opt outs had nothing to do with the culture. Those opt outs had to deal with the health of their unborn babies and kids....and the opt outs all have confirmed to be coming back.  

Tom and BB had their up and downs not denying that...if BB gave Tom close to the money he got in Tampa Bay, you think he would stay?

BBs coaching tree or the lack there of has nothing to do with BB and more to do with those coaches trying to be BB., let's also not forget B.Flores and Bill O'Brien (coaching wise) being on that tree (as i said before. Bill O'Brien the GM got Bill O'Brien the coach fired) he had a decent win/loss recording with the Texans and had won playoff games....where he messed up was getting rid of Hopkins and it all went down from there..

and about BB....he is old school similar to Bill Parcells and nobody complains about Bill Parcells.....it's football man. They do not take any BS and yes their success helps and they are highly respected around the league....of course not everyone is going to agree but overall they have been successful and respected by their peers...thats all that matters.   

That’s not what I said, of course players don’t always love everywhere they were. You realize there are only 32 teams... so players have to take a job somewhere right... it doesn’t always mean they want to go to a particular organization. In recent years players have been choosing other organizations over New England, because they didn’t know what was going on with Brady. People came to play with Brady, not play for Belichick. 

Every player in the NFL had their family to think about. The Patriots had 8 opt-outs and the next highest team was 5. The average was 2. I’m not saying it was all Belichick, but when the man is known for a particularly grating style and you can make $350K for doing nothing and have your contract toll the next year... maybe you do it? Of course the opt outs are coming back, they have no other choice, they‘re under contract with New England and have millions of dollars sitting there for them after their year off. Don’t tell me they could retire, because if they do that they forfeit the remainder of their contract. 

No, I don’t think Brady stays. All indications were that Brady had been done with Belichick for a few years and wanted to prove himself on his own. No amount of money was bringing him back. The relationship was tense. The only reason Brady was still there was because of Kraft according to numerous sources. 

I said Belichick is particularly grating, which a lot of players have commented on. The main difference (which you just agreed with me on in your post) between Bill and his protégés is that they have tried to copy his behavior without a HOF QB. Without Brady or a QB of that nature, Belichick’s style doesn’t work long term. Bill O’Brien flamed our because he tried to be Belichick... Bill O’Brien the person got Bill O’Brien fired. He traded Hopkins because Hopkins hated him. JJ Watt didn’t even like the guy... his confrontation with O’Brien earlier this year was the impetus of a player revolt and O’Brien’s subsequent firing. 

Flores has adopted a totally different personality after the beginning of last year. He’s being himself not a Belichick rip off. He’s the reason I specified the concept of trying to replicate his behavior and not his system. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1

It's pretty delicious that there's about to be a Monday Night Football game against the New England Patriots....and it only matters to one of the two teams, and that team ISN'T the Patriots. 

For too many years, if a December Bills-Pats game was meaningless to the Patriots, it was because they'd already wrapped up the division. This time, the shoe is on the other foot.

All that being said, I could never have imagined caring so little about a Monday Night Football game against the Patriots. Sure, it matters for seeding purposes, and it's a Bills game, so I'm still excited. But in previous years, this would've been our Super Bowl. We would all have been more excited for this game than any other game on the schedule. Instead, all that really matters is that we get out healthy, because for the first time in forever, we have much bigger fish to fry.

And before anyone asks -- Yes, OF COURSE I want the Bills to crush the Pats on national TV. But still -- getting out healthy takes precedence.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Clearly you don't know what I know .

If you know something, you're welcome to state it and cite your source, but recognize that mere allusions to some form of insider knowledge have low credibility here.

passage from one of your links

As for Gibbs, he didn't have a problem with Belichick's tactics, The two coaches shook hands after the game, although they certainly didn't make a lot of small talk.

"No, I have no problem with anything that they did," Gibbs said. "Nothing, no problems from me."

2007.  Belichick did something similar to the Bills in our second meeting - ran the score up 56-10.  And Jauron said something very similar after the game: "I have no problem with what they did.  It's our job to stop it." 

I think you might need to recognize that what a coach says and how he behaves in public, and what he believes or feels in private, may be two very different things.

@Ghost_002! (and others) while fans of other teams are explicitly welcome, please do recognize that this thread is for discussion of the upcoming game, not Debating the Doings of Belichick and Patriots Teams Past. 

• Like (+1) 2