Seahawks injury situation

TigerJ

This is a huge challenge coming up for Buffalo this coming Sunday, but could the Bills be catching a bit of a break?  The Seahawks had 10 players sit out their practice today, all with injuries (though two were apparently minor issues combined with veteran rest).  That includes their top 3 running backs,  the left side of their offensive line starters (Duane Brown with a knee plus veteran rest), starting tight end, two starting cornerbacks and a starting defensive end.  Buffalo, by comparison had four starters out of practice today.  Granted, the picture will change a lot by the weekend, and some of those guys will likely play, as will most of Buffalo's starters who didn't practice today, but this could still be a good week to catch the Seahawks if you have to play them.

https://www.seahawks.com/team/injury-report/

• Like (+1) 1

we got plenty of banged-up guys ourselves so get well guys; do we do same gameplan that we did against KC whuch was hope and pray

Might we stick with the new found running game this week and have it set up some play action or will regress to our mean and Josh ends up having to play hero qb

I'm for any advantage we can get.  I'd have no problem with the whole team coming down with a nasty little stomach bug that keeps them on the toilet through the weekend, but runs its course by Monday morning. Let em all sit. 

Speaking of injuries, I'm really interested to see what the OL combination will be Sunday. Hopefully Ford is a go.  

I have a feeling it's gonna be a great game Sunday.  I think this is the week we see the offense we saw games 1-4. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

They are likely going to have Jamal Adams back which is not goos for us...he is a superstar level player

Agree.   But I'd target him tbh.  Off injury still a new defense.  Chances are he's less than perfect this weekend. 

• Like (+1) 1

Going 1-1 or better over these next two games is huge for the Bills IMO.  Gutting out a W against a good, playoff caliber team while we’re still a bit banged up would show a lot.  Then we have a bye week sitting at 8-2 or 7-3 to get rested and healthier for the stretch. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

1st team all pro not sure what else you would need

Yeah and had the same stats as Bradley McDougald the safety that the Jets got in return. I want my safety making plays in the secondary not just living off of getting sacks for production. Seattle was fools for giving up what they did for Adams. 

15 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Yeah and had the same stats as Bradley McDougald the safety that the Jets got in return. I want my safety making plays in the secondary not just living off of getting sacks for production. Seattle was fools for giving up what they did for Adams. 

Impact on the game is what you want in any player and Adams gives you that regardless of what the stats say.

32 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Impact on the game is what you want in any player and Adams gives you that regardless of what the stats say.

Seattle D sucked with him and sucked without him. Jets D sucked with him and sucked without him. So what difference is he really making

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, TigerJ said:

This is a huge challenge coming up for Buffalo this coming Sunday, but could the Bills be catching a bit of a break?  The Seahawks had 10 players sit out their practice today, all with injuries (though two were apparently minor issues combined with veteran rest).  That includes their top 3 running backs,  the left side of their offensive line starters (Duane Brown with a knee plus veteran rest), starting tight end, two starting cornerbacks and a starting defensive end.  Buffalo, by comparison had four starters out of practice today.  Granted, the picture will change a lot by the weekend, and some of those guys will likely play, as will most of Buffalo's starters who didn't practice today, but this could still be a good week to catch the Seahawks if you have to play them.

Lol have you seen OUR injury report yet??

12 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

It bodes well for our chances, but even with all those injuries if the Bills can’t slow down Lockett and Metcalf there will be trouble.

What would bode well for the Bills this weekend is if while Wilson is on the hopper throwing a deuce and somebody locks the door from the outside...and when I say "locks the door from the outside" I mean Ed to the Allen to the Poe, "Cask of Amontillado" style using masons and a good slurry mixture going the whole nine yards, no pun intended.

Let's get real, people.  What are you prepared to do to win?

Edit:

@NoHuddleKelly12  @machine gun kelly

It also hurts that I don't even think I can count on YOU guys for this.  

I'd be doing the mixture and Wilson would be wondering what the heck is going on and you two would bring the bricks over and it would be like...

Machine Gun Kelly:  "Oh man, this isn't right.  This is a person's life we are talking about."

No Huds:  "Yeah, Dollars, man, this feels all wrong.  It was funny when it seemed like a joke, but you are taking this way too far."

Then I would be all like...

$2D:  "Oh why don't you two grow a pair...or a quad or whatever.  We are going to leave air holes and we are going to call the authorities anonymously after the Bills win."

No one ever goes "Full Poe" nowadays.  So what I am saying is...just don't worry your pretty little heads about this.  

Edit 2:

@Royale with Cheese @3rdand12

So don't make me have to call Royale or 3rd on this one, because then I won't even be able to control how this goes down.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

What would bode well for the Bills this weekend is if while Wilson is on the hopper throwing a deuce somebody locks the door from the outside...and when I say "locks the door from the outside" I mean Ed to the Allen to the Poe, "Cask of Amontillado" style using masons and a good slurry mixture going the whole nine yards, no pun intended.

Edit:

I'd be doing the mixture and Wilson would be wondering what the heck is going on and you two would bring the bricks over and it would be like...

Machine Gun Kelly:  "Oh man, this isn't right.  This is a person's life we are talking about."

No Huds:  "Yeah, Dollars, man, this feels all wrong.  It was funny when it seemed like a joke, but you are taking this way to far."

$2D:  "Oh why don't you two grow a pair...or a quad or whatever.  We are going to leave air holes and we are going to call the authorities anonymously after the Bills win."

No one ever goes "Full Poe" nowadays.  So what I am saying is...just don't worry your pretty little heads about this.  

Edit 2:

So don't make me have to call Royale or 3rd on this one, because then I won't even be able to control how this goes down.

This is what happens when @dollars 2 donuts gets a quarantine day away from the office. :P 

giphy.gif

I always got your back tho bro!

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

What would bode well for the Bills this weekend is if while Wilson is on the hopper throwing a deuce somebody locks the door from the outside...and when I say "locks the door from the outside" I mean Ed to the Allen to the Poe, "Cask of Amontillado" style using masons and a good slurry mixture going the whole nine yards, no pun intended.

Edit:

No Huds:  "Yeah, Dollars, man, this feels all wrong.  It was funny when it seemed like a joke, but you are taking this way too far."

Edit 2:

Top 30 Brasi GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• Haha (+1) 2

Seattle's been dealing with injuries all season. Hasn't seemed to slow them down at all. Rus is playing lights out. So is Tyler Lockett & DK Metcalf. If Rus is required to throw the ball more, that just means he'll air it out more & attack our defense all over the field. When we drop back & cheat to coverage, Rus will gash teams on the ground with opportune scrambles. Its gonna be our hardest game of the season & we've already had a bunch of those.

I had been looking forward to this matchup the past couple years, but after seeing how our defense has played, i'm not looking forward to it at all lol.

Obviously i'll be rooting for us & hoping we win. But with how our offense has slowed down & our defense exploited, whether it be vs the pass 1 week or the run another.... I just don't have a great feeling about this game. But GO BILLS!!!!

14 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

I'm for any advantage we can get.  I'd have no problem with the whole team coming down with a nasty little stomach bug that keeps them on the toilet through the weekend, but runs its course by Monday morning. Let em all sit. 

Speaking of injuries, I'm really interested to see what the OL combination will be Sunday. Hopefully Ford is a go.  

I have a feeling it's gonna be a great game Sunday.  I think this is the week we see the offense we saw games 1-4. 

This is the plot to the TV movie second string.  I never saw it, but I assume the random shane falco type leads them to victory.  I'd rather lose to Wilson 😄

Josh and Daboll need to show that they can adjust their game mid-season, not just during an off-season.

On the other side of the ball, we seem to have a finesse defense that lost it's fire (except for Hyde). I don't know if it is injuries, new contracts, or the loss of guys like Zo, Shaq, and Phillips. But this defense needs a jolt. Hopefully Frazier and McDermott figure out some coverage schemes that give our d-line a chance to apply pressure. And hopefully they find a scheme to keep Klein on the bench...

Seattle, like the Bills, has relied on their offense to carry them. The defense stinks. On paper, this game should be a high scoring affair. It will be difficult, but the Bills can win this game.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, TigerJ said:

It will be a good week to play Seattle, if our defense comes to play.  And the problem with our defense is that we really only have one starting level LB on the roster.  And that is Matt Milano.  I watched the short cut replay version of the game last nite.  And Tremaine Edmunds does absolutely nothing for our defense.  He makes no plays whatsoever.  While Klein is slow, he at least knows where the play is going.  He just has a real difficult time getting there because of his lack of explosiveness.  Edmunds looks like a basketball player and does nothing for us on the field.  Bills made a huge mistake drafting him.  And IMHO we would do well to release him as soon as Tyrell Dodson is ready to play again.  Just saying.  Some guys are stars.  Some guys are solid players.  Some guys are mediocre.  And some guys just suck.  Edmunds sucks.  

9 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

What would bode well for the Bills this weekend is if while Wilson is on the hopper throwing a deuce and somebody locks the door from the outside...and when I say "locks the door from the outside" I mean Ed to the Allen to the Poe, "Cask of Amontillado" style using masons and a good slurry mixture going the whole nine yards, no pun intended.

Edit:

Edit 2:

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

This feels like a shootout, last team with the ball wins.

I think that is an optimistic view of things. But that’s why they play the games! We need to get our mojo back and play more like the first four weeks, which still may not be enough. 

I don’t root for anyone to get injured or become ill, but...........anyone here have an idea for how we can pull off a false positive for good old Russ? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

both teams are goin zone this week, so could be a lot of run game

Could be. Of course that depends on if seattle can dig up any healthy, competent running backs, unless they want to roll the dice with their mvp qb and run wilson 30 times against us.