Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Either is Cam's hair. I mean they can't punish the Patriots if they didn't break protocol, as much as I would like them to be punished. 

I didn’t say they should be punished! I said it’s an obvious risk they took and they both got Covid, putting the team at risk and now two game reschedules

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

what other teams have had a massive outbreak after being told they can’t practice.....and then practiced on their own at a Hs field and had another outbreak after said practice? 

as of now, it’s just the titans.

and had more practices on their own, and ignored face mask protocol in their facilities, and ignored protocol bringing in workout players....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Of course the difference for the Bills is that KC game Thurs night.  I think the trigger needs to be pulled today.

I'm pretty positive KC vs Bills will be moved to Sunday and Bills vs Titans will remain scheduled for Tuesday by the end of today. I don't think that means Bills vs Titans goes on as scheduled. 

Part of the reason I’m guessing the NFL is dragging this out is because the NFL doesn't want to give the Bills an advantage vs the Chiefs. If they cancel today then the Bills get an extra day of preparation. We'll know tomorrow or late tonight if Titans bills is really going to happen. 

19 minutes ago, Rubes said:

We were supposed to originally play today and the Chiefs on Thursday. If we learn today that the Titans game is cancelled and we play the Chiefs on Thursday, it would essentially be the same as originally planned in terms of prep for KC.

Yep, that’s right. In my opinion, I think the yo-yo, uncertain nature of all this weighs on the players more than you think. Everything about this to this point, has been more normal for the Chiefs than the Bills. BAU. How many times do we hear coaches and players are creatures of habit? From a rest standpoint, this would seem to benefit the Bills. I don’t argue that, but I do wonder what sort of mental impacts this has had. 

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t say it was a violation. They both got Covid after going out to dinner. That’s the bad look. Were they socially distancing  while there? Did they eat indoors? Put the team at risk. 

image.jpeg.540eeb4da89afcbd9f3c17a8e1b3dd9e.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Mayne I’m wrong but with the Patriots/Broncos game now cancelled pushing the Dolphins/Broncos and maybe cancelling that game.  That’s more than just Titans.

No it still works out b.c Dolphins and Broncos are not going to the playoffs. They said they can cancel games that have no playoff implications.

Edited by TBBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The NFL has had two bye weeks in the past, so it was doable. 

I just don't understand why they didn't do anything. Shoot they could have had 4 breaks honestly, after week 4, week 8, week 12, and week 16. I'm sure money was an issue but these are unprecedented times and I'm sure everyone would have been willing to work together, NFL, NFLPA, and the networks. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Even if the league cancels our game, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they schedule the Bills/Chiefs game for next Sunday.

The Bills coming off a bye against a team that has three days rest isn't exactly fair.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

Pivot.  Fly the Bills and any negative tested and safe Titans to a neutral location the day of the game and play it.  Then fly out. I don’t want the Bills hanging in Nashville or near the Titans facility. 

They had the Patriots do it for KC. 

52 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I have thought this should be part of the punishment. Titans have to travel since you can't trust their faculties.

You really do not want the infective team to travel - that is higher risk than the Bills playing in Tennessee.

Just now, zow2 said:

Pivot.  Fly the Bills and any negative tested and safe Titans to a neutral location the day of the game and play it.  Then fly out. I don’t want the Bills hanging in Nashville or near the Titans facility. 

They had the Patriots do it for KC. 

Facilities don't matter....

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Here's an idea. Have teams out of playoffs play meaningless rescheduled games on wildcard weekend, just so they can get their pay.

This is what I was wondering also. Seeing a double standard of canceling games for non playoff teams VS rescheduling and screwing up the schedule for playoff teams (at least the teams they think will /won't make the playoffs). 

Either one or the other, not both. 

24 minutes ago, zow2 said:

There’s some banter on ESPN that the Miami/Denver game postponed next weekend may Never be rescheduled if there won’t be any impacts on playoffs

That would be ridiculous. Everything has impact on playoffs including strength of victory and strength of schedule.

24 minutes ago, stevewin said:

When I read the first 13 words "Teddy bruschi said it well, "Whoever wins the Superbowl this year will have..." my brain immediately auto-filled in with "an asterisk associated with it" - and then thought, well he should know

If that is the case then why even play the season.

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

No it still works out b.c Dolphins and Broncos are not going to the playoffs. They said they can cancel games that have no playoff implications.

How can they possibly know neither the Dolphins or Broncos won’t be incontention?  

With 7 Seeds the playoffs are watered down boarding on NBA level.

Could 8-8 or 7-9 be that 7th seed?  You bet.

plus there is the teams paychecks for that game.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

Even if the league cancels our game, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they schedule the Bills/Chiefs game for next Sunday.

The Bills coming off a bye against a team that has three days rest isn't exactly fair.

Then why would they originally state that the KC game will be played on Thursday of the titans have additional tests?   Doesn’t make any sense

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

How can they possibly know neither the Dolphins or Broncos won’t be incontention?  

With 7 Seeds the playoffs are watered down boarding on NBA level.

Could 8-8 or 7-9 be that 7th seed?  You bet.

Hahahahahah I will bet you $1000 right now neither the Dolphins or Broncos make the playoffs.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

It’s not like this recent positive test was an unimaginable outcome.  The league shouldn’t be figuring out how to reschedule today - that plan should have been in place when they moved the game the first time (or earlier).

When you have a product worth billions of dollars, you don’t make it up as you go along.

I’m with you. This whole thing is pants-on-head stupid, and no, not just because the Bills are impacted. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I just don't understand why they didn't do anything. Shoot they could have had 4 breaks honestly, after week 4, week 8, week 12, and week 16. I'm sure money was an issue but these are unprecedented times and I'm sure everyone would have been willing to work together, NFL, NFLPA, and the networks. 

It’s ironic that the reason the league decided on two bye weeks in the first place was to maximize viewing opportunities for the networks. 

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

That would be ridiculous. Everything has impact on playoffs including strength of victory and strength of schedule.

I don’t disagree.  But we also would have said it’s completely ridiculous to have a team fly in a few hours before game time and play an NFL game.  and we saw that ridiculousness last Monday night

Just now, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Lol!  No way!  But come on.  You know that 1-3 record right now with 7 playoff spots is not dead in the water.

Did you see those two teams though? Both will be beat up by much better teams in the division. I understand what you are saying and I guess they would need to figure something out if it changed but as of now this is the case.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Enough is enough!

You can't keep this up and claim to be doing the right thing, the safe thing, or the fair thing.

If this games played...it's a disgrace 

Yes!  The NFL is showing its hypocrisy.  They claim player safety if they can find an easy solution to rescheduling a game.  McCourty had it right.  They're more concerned with games being played than player safety.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I don’t disagree.  But we also would have said it’s completely ridiculous to have a team fly in a few hours before game time and play an NFL game.  and we saw that ridiculousness last Monday night

What was ridiculous about it? They played and it was a decent game.

4 minutes ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

Shut the ***** season down already and I've never been more excited to be a bills fan . 2020

Now go post that on the 29 other teams message boards, along with ours, that have handled this well.