Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why can’t they play Sunday or Monday?

They absolutely could move to Sunday or Monday, but going back through the quote chain, BrianMoorman4jesus originally said they'd move the game to Saturday. That is what we were addressing.

What about Wednesday-Monday-Sunday?

Titans/Bills pushed to Wednesday 10/14

Chiefs/Bills pushed to Monday 10/19

Bills/Jets as scheduled 10/25

That's 3 games in 11 days. 

Chiefs and Titans would be the same rotation as the Bills, so they would be be fine. The only other team affected would the the Texans, who would move from Sun to Mon on the 19th vs the Titans. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Monday night football Bills vs Chiefs sounds like a BIG win for the league.

I think a MNF of Bills v Titans with the Bills steaming rolling the Titans, say 42-10 would be a BIG win for the league too.  Got to be a lot of angry hombres around the league and fan bases.  I can think of three cities already: Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Baltimore.  KC is the big winner getting their Thursday night game moved.

I'm pulling for B2B Monday night games.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

What about Wednesday-Monday-Sunday?

Titans/Bills pushed to Wednesday 10/14

Chiefs/Bills pushed to Monday 10/19

Bills/Jets as scheduled 10/25

That's 3 games in 11 days. 

This can be done, but it gives the Chiefs a multiple day preparation advantage over us in that game.

Edited by Captain Caveman

1 minute ago, Captain Caveman said:

This can be done, but it gives the Chiefs a multiple day preparation advantage over us in that game.

True... I think that's just going to be the reality this season though. The best prep for the Chiefs is score 30 points on offense or be Belichick. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Which I'm fine with. I'd rather have all the games played.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

E. coli O157:H7 (the one that causes severe and sometimes deadly food poisoning) is no joke. 

But I'd still take the Lombardi.

Botulism just kills you, doesn't it?

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Which I'm fine with. I'd rather have all the games played.

And that is really what the league office (my guess) cares about first.

NFL FOOTBALL (IMO) is

First, a product

Second, entertainment

Third, a sport

The actual “sport” aspect of Football is not really primary.

Wins...loses...inconsequential as long as there is product.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar
  • Like (+1) 2

This sucks especially as the team is so fun to watch this year but sadly that's the world we live in now. Hope they can move it to Monday and then move the Chief's game to the following Monday if possible.

Then we could play our backups Vs the Jets to give everyone a rest...

34 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Uh yeah.. Devastating to my fantasy team if they don’t play. Just lost Ekeler and I have Allen, Diggs and Henry and Golloday on bye. Tough times in my fantasy world 

I have McCaffrey, Diggs, Henry, Moss so I feel you.

Still 3-1!

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Botulism just kills you, doesn't it?

Used to be 50% mortality.  Modern medicine and antitoxin have cut it to about 5%

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

This sucks especially as the team is so fun to watch this year but sadly that's the world we live in now. Hope they can move it to Monday and then move the Chief's game to the following Monday if possible.

Then we could play our backups Vs the Jets to give everyone a rest...

I actually like this plan.  Play Mon or Tues vs Tenn, move the KC game to Monday.

At what point do you punish the team who violated the rules?  While a forfeit is not ideal, you can only make so many accommodations for the Titans stupidity. 

Any reschedule option put Buffalo at a competitive disadvantage in their biggest game of the year.  It rewards the Titans who get to play with a full team if pushed back.

Award the forfeit and the season continues.  In regards to pay, this is a pure negotiation that should last about 5 minutes.  Then fine the offending Titans one game check.  So the innocent Titans do not get hit, offenders pay the price.

While not ideal, these multiple moves are not fair.  Yes a path may be determined but it helps the team that created the issue.  Punish them, set the example.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, buffalo2218 said:

Ok so 22 of 53 players tested positive for covid. Then you got that brain dead moron Tannehill, their own starting QB, ignoring both the league and Troy Vincent. So from that, I'm assuming they won't even entertain the notion of letting him play, or any of the others that were there, including AJ Brown. And in the midst of all this, forcing the Bills to play in a possibly contaminated area? I can't see this game happening

Jesus Christ, I never looked at the numbers, but seeing it written down for the first time, "22 OUT OF 53"????  Wow, just wow.  

Count me in the minority, but I don't want the Bills playing the Titans for AT LEAST a month, if at all.  Talk about a frickin hornets nest of infection....

Never mind, just saw it wasnt 22 players..

But still. I don't want the Bills going anywhere near the Titans anytime soon...

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

If it can be played, maybe the best punishment for the Titans would be having to field a team that's made up of a bunch of their practice squad players and backups with only 2 days practice.

Thank God they wouldn't be playing Mike Mularkey's Bills team

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

And that is really what the league office (my guess) cares about first.

NFL FOOTBALL (IMO) is

First, a product

Second, entertainment

Third, a sport

The actual “sport” aspect of Football is not really primary.

Wins...loses...inconsequential as long as there is product.

Part of the product is parity, though. They have designed the league to provide as little competitive edge as possible. They share revenue so there isn't a money gap, they instituted free agency and the salary cap, etc. All this is to keep teams as competitive as possible. Because a competitive league is a highly entertaining league. It's a good product.

So they all go hand in hand.

• Like (+1) 2