Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Pretty sure the Bills would make sure their players were taken care of even though they technically wouldn't have to.  I don't think McDermott or Beane would stand for anything else from ownership.  That isn't how you build good will among your players.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-players-may-not-get-paid-if-titans-forfeit-in-week-5-due-to-nf-ls-coronavirus-rules-152712850.html

Saw this....but

if trnnessee forfeits the game to thrm violating other rules then buffalo could still get game checks in the forfeit.

21 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

If they make the Bills reschedule they need the players who weren't able to play this game ineligible.  

More likely they suspend the players for x amount of games and then play the bills week 18 full strength 

24 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I think the Bills hold the cards here.

Simply refuse to re-jigger the schedule if it's anything other than moving their week 11 bye.  Refuse to go down to Nashville with the claim that they already broke the rules, we can't trust that organization to have properly followed them since the outbreak.

Otherwise, force the NFL to forfeit the game in favor of the Titans.  That would create a firestorm of bad publicity...

I don't think the Bills have any of that authority.

Fact Check time.

1. there cant be a saturday game do to broadcast rulings

2. teams will not get paid for canceled or forfeited games unless owners agree to poney up. thus unless the teams themselves come to an agreement, it wont happen

3. Titans clearly broke protocols on new covid rules

why these same 3 facts are being rolled around as something different is beyond me

19 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

those numbers do not count in on bonuses this i think its more like 12 mil plus

I don't think it should. As far as I know, signing, roster, etc. bonuses are not part of the weekly game check, they are what they are, a bonus paid up front. 

Now if you are talking performance bonuses, OK. fine. But those would not add $5M in week 5 of the NFL season. And they would not get them anyways since they didn't, ya know, perform/play any games. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Addison is a new add.  Winters was limited yesteday.  White and Roberts DNP for a second day isn't looking good.  Wallace is on IR now and we knew Milano would be out.  Not liking this.

Ford and John Brown apparently back though, and Mongo out there for a 2nd day, so that's all good.  Moss and Del'Shawn Phillips stll practicing also good.

7 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

If the NFL wants to play on Saturday night they will play on Saturday night, the shield make the rules.

They can play on Saturday night, sure.  But the NFL doesn't control the national broadcast rules.  That's the thing.

Insider scoop from well connected individual whom I trust;

Sunday is off definitively. Game will be Mon/Tues. 

Saturday is a possibility for Chiefs although Sunday is more likely.

Nothing earth shattering or new mind you, but forfeit isn't seeming likely. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If I know one thing. 

This will create some hostility between the Bills players and titans players in the future.  

When a persons money is taken away due to others negligence, S*** will hit the fan the next time they play to one degree or another.