Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

the issue has nothing to do with the union its the owners having to pay the bills when its not in the nfl player owner agreement. you seriously need to read ul this has been discussed many times

Seriously you need to think big picture.  You don't know the positions of the owners but are assuming.  I will take my POV over your thank you.

The two sides have made many changes already - what is one more?

Good Matt Fairburn article in the Athletic.  It basically summarizes stuff we have already heard from press conferences and tweets, but it's nice to have all in one place.

Pay site, I think there's a trial

https://theathletic.com/2122830/2020/10/07/how-the-bills-are-trying-to-navigate-a-covid-19-minefield/?source=emp_shared_article

Allen has a good attitude about it:

“We understand it’s not going to be perfect and we’re going to hit adversity,” Allen said. “We have to be prepared for any situation that’s thrown our way. This is no different.”

McDermott said the Bills are using this as a reminder to do everything in their power to keep the virus out of their building.

“Everyone has to be responsible and to some extent accountable to one another in order to help curb the spread of COVID-19,” McDermott said. “And I think that’s true on and off the field, in this case — inside the NFL and outside the NFL.”

Just now, Just Joshin' said:

Seriously you need to think big picture.  You don't know the positions of the owners but are assuming.  I will take my POV over your thank you.

The two sides have made many changes already - what is one more?

the position of the owners is to follow player owner agreement. your assuming the owners will pay up is nothing but an assumption

6 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

What is the total salary for the Bill's team and staff for one game?  Anyone know?

Out active roster has a base salary (not counting bonuses) of $120,885,524.

Divided by 16, that is $7,555,354.

Not sure staff counts since they do not get paid "per game".

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Out active roster has a base salary (not counting bonuses) of $120,885,524.

Divided by 16, that is $7,555,354.

Not sure staff counts since they do not get paid "per game".

those numbers do not count in on bonuses this i think its more like 12 mil plus

Edited by PrimeTime101

Pretty sure the Bills would make sure their players were taken care of even though they technically wouldn't have to.  I don't think McDermott or Beane would stand for anything else from ownership.  That isn't how you build good will among your players.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-players-may-not-get-paid-if-titans-forfeit-in-week-5-due-to-nf-ls-coronavirus-rules-152712850.html

It's obvious now that the NFL prime fix to a Covid  outbreak was to use scheduling/bye weeks etc to reschedule the games.

They already did that with the Titans/Steelers and no doubt will continue to do that.

But the Titans now are forced to take that theory to the next limit.

If Titans players keep testing positive they can't be in contact with themselves and others.

Cancellation of game results in no Pay Day for Bills players.

Don't cancel the game have the Bills show up for the game on Sunday.  Titans cannot.  At time of the Coin Toss the Referee awards the game to the Bills.

The league goes on with it's life and the Bills players get paid.

THE ONLY OTHER OPTION:  Start a Week 18 Make Up Week now with all appropriate rules.  Example:  What if team has 2 make up games, etc.

Get off the pot NFL and decide what to do.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

those numbers do not count in on bonuses this i think its more like 12 mil plus

I'm not sure bonuses get broken up and lumped into the 16 game payments. Most are paid in a lump sum at time of bonus earning (signing, new league year, etc). That's why I went with base salary.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm not sure bonuses get broken up and lumped into the 16 game payments. Most are paid in a lump sum at time of bonus earning (signing, new league year, etc). That's why I went with base salary.

A lot of player contracts have "game played" bonuses in addition to other bonuses.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

lots of the bonuses are based on performance. if the games not played those bonuses have to be paid

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

A lot of player contracts have "game played" bonuses in addition to other bonuses.

jinx

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You would be correct.  Some bad info floating around this topic.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I have Kamara and Wilson so It's been pretty easy so far... 

I have McC, Elkler, Aj Brown, Akers, Mosetert ...all have been injured. If I picked you than you will get injured.  Still undefeated, not sure how. 

Edited by billsherd
  • Haha (+1) 1