Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I got $10 for anyone who lives in Nashville and can hit the titans facility with some eggs, flaming bags of poo, whatever feels right. 

If I lived in Nashville, I would have already done it for nothing.

Given the news today I’m shocked they haven’t cancelled this titans game. I don’t get the thinking of cancelling New England but not buffalo. Pats appear to be on the verge of a pretty big breakout so I can see postponing the game, but Tennessee still  keeps popping up new cases almost daily and yet it’s still on. 

• Like (+1) 2

Really genuinely confused how the Patriots already have an answer to their schedule cause of 3 positive tests and we're over here just waiting... 

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

Yeah and then what do you do with the teams that finished their seasons already? Let em chill for the playoffs? I guess you'd have to rework the whole schedule.

Yeah, A week 18 is hard to do... A Bye or two between weeks 10 and 17 is probably the best. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bferra13 said:

Yeah and then what do you do with the teams that finished their seasons already? Let em chill for the playoffs? I guess you'd have to rework the whole schedule.

Don't know how the NFL would do it but they have the ability to do whatever so not worried. 

Titans coach positive test means the virus is still around that club.  i’m the first one to say it’s not a death sentence but if the league is trying to portray”safety first” then they need to reschedule the game much like Den/Mia.  There have been too many cases on the Titans to blow it off like they did for Atlanta and their practice squad DB.  

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve been musing about the Denver-Patriots game being moved to next weekend and the Denver-Miami game being moved into the future. The second and third order perturbations to the NFL schedule are hard to predict now.  My guess is every team is likely to have games and order of games moved around now.  The league got “lucky” with the Tennessee-Baltimore-Pittsburgh fix.  Everything gets significantly more complicated now with the shifting of three teams Denver-Miami-New England schedules.  And that’s before the Tennessee-Buffalo-Kansas City gets figured out. I think the NFL game scheduler algorithm has been broken. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Tennessee should have to forfeit.  You can’t mess up the entire league because one team refused to follow protocols.

They've impacted 4 top AFC Super Bowl contenders already, Bills, Chiefs, Steelers, and Ravens, 5 counting the Titans. I think this is why the league is having such a hard time with this game. It likely determines playoff seeding. This decision will have future ramifications. 

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

Don't know how the NFL would do it but they have the ability to do whatever so not worried. 

I just worry about it being unfair to us now... and no lol... I won't trust the NFL to do it fair. We'll get fugged somehow.

1 minute ago, Watkins90 said:

Didn't the league say it was canceled if they had one more positive test and the Chiefs game reverts back to Thursday night?

I think that was the Thursday-Friday play.  Much harder now that the clock was started and stopped again. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Watkins90 said:

Didn't the league say it was canceled if they had one more positive test and the Chiefs game reverts back to Thursday night?

Not necessarily.  Due to contact tracing, they could have some expected positives and still play. 

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

NFL making up this ***** as they go right now it seems lol

Which blows my mind. How can an organization with so many resources be such a cluster *****?

Edited by Juice_32
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

AFAIK twitter said that. The league never made a statement regarding that. 

3 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I just worry about it being unfair to us now... and no lol... I won't trust the NFL to do it fair. We'll get fugged somehow.

I never said trust but the NFL doesn't have to worry about anything b.c TV will always want NFL games even at the end of February. So if this thing takes until then so be it. This will never be fair to every team, so that needs to leave everyone's head right now. This has never been experienced so the thinking it could be kept fair was a fantasy thought and nothing more.

Hell even a regular NFL season isn't fair most the time.... Aren't fans always complaining about the schedule even before Covid?

Edited by TBBills

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They want their paycheck. Pegula should offer to pay them anyways. 

I'm sure even if Pegula wanted to that would be a salary cap hit.  Having said that the league could approve them being paid from some source, maybe out of the cookie jar they have for emergencies.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

These players could test negative one day and positive the next and actually play on game day with the virus. Why not just have the players that test negative play and the ones that test positive just stay away from the team? If the Titans don't have enough players then that's their problem. If that means Ryan Tannehill has to play linebacker, I could live with that

Unless I missed something in the last five pages of this thread, the facility is closed so no one can practice and with a positive today, they can't re-open tomorrow or Tuesday either as need two days of clean tests.  Believe there's a league rule that teams have to be allowed to practice at a minimum of two days prior to game.  On top of that they hadn't been allowed to have a full legal practice until yesterday, so that would have given them four days. To expect a team to go out and play a game after only a couple of practices does not seem very prudent.

The issue also is you now don't know who this coach exposed himself too and will another flare up start  maybe around Wednesday or Thursday, so then you'd have players who are negative on game day who have the virus now exposing the Bills.  Add in 5 days before most see symptoms, they could then play KC on Sunday  and test positive on Monday after they've now exposed KC too.

Maybe the league will determine he wasn't exposed to anyone  yesterday and reopen the facility in the next hour or so, if so then possibly the game could go on, though if I were the Bills, I think I'd now be telling Roger, NO we refuse to play the game as we don't want to be exposed next.  If Tenn isn't able to practice today, then can't see how they can play the game.

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Not necessarily.  Due to contact tracing, they could have some expected positives and still play. 

That only works if the expected positives are not at the facility. Which as of now there are 10+ coaches and staff and 10+ Who have tested positive. If they only made contact with 1 person each, that is a total of 40+ people not allowed in the facility. Making practice time irrelevant because there aren’t enough people to field a team for practice or a game.

If they did that, they’d have to cancel the game all together, which is what they’ve avoided this whole time. 

3 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Which blows my mind. How can an organization with so many resources be such a cluster *****?

Because the situation is unprecedented. I think the league should go on a two-week hiatus, kick everything down the calendar. It's the most rational solution.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The problem is contractually the Bills and Steelers and all the Titans that followed protocol wouldn't get a game check. So there would have to be a way to fix that. 

There is the ORGANIZATION can still pay their game checks. It isn’t like the NFL pays them 

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Unless I missed something in the last five pages of this thread, the facility is closed so no one can practice and with a positive today, they can't re-open tomorrow or Tuesday either as need two days of clean tests.  Believe there's a league rule that teams have to be allowed to practice at a minimum of two days prior to game.  On top of that they hadn't been allowed to have a full legal practice until yesterday, so that would have given them four days. To expect a team to go out and play a game after only a couple of practices does not seem very prudent.

The issue also is you now don't know who this coach exposed himself too and will another flare up start  maybe around Wednesday or Thursday, so then you'd have players who are negative on game day who have the virus now exposing the Bills.  Add in 5 days before most see symptoms, they could then play KC on Sunday  and test positive on Monday after they've now exposed KC too.

Maybe the league will determine he wasn't exposed to anyone  yesterday and reopen the facility in the next hour or so, if so then possibly the game could go on, though if I were the Bills, I think I'd now be telling Roger, NO we refuse to play the game as we don't want to be exposed next.  If Tenn isn't able to practice today, then can't see how they can play the game.

They won't practice today or tomorrow, but a negative result on Tuesday (from Monday) could allow them to play.  But the Titans will have had just 1 practice.

40 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

How can they play our game when they cancelled the Pats game for 3 positives?

It's possible that the coach who became ill is a known close contact of the coaches who tested positive 1 week ago Tuesday and has been quarantining from the team.

That is what someone here said would happen - that known contacts going positive wouldn't necessarily cancel the game.  But logic suggests that should only apply if those known contacts don't have any known contacts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Well I'll be very disappointed if this game gets axed as, like everyone else, I'm having so much fun watching the Bills play this season.

On the plus side, the Bills/Chiefs game being on Thursday means it will get a lot more exposure and spotlight.

I love watching the team play too...but that’s  why I don’t want them play the Titans...I fear it could derail the season...so I’m willing to not see them play this week if it means potentially saving our season...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1