Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, gordong said:

They just moved the pat Broncos to NEXT Sunday...  after the pat Positive test this morning...   No way they can proceed with the bills game now right??? 

Broncos-Patriots game is being moved to next Sunday, sources tell ESPN. Broncos were supposed to play Miami; that won’t happen. That game is being rescheduled.

Oh it absolutely will man.

3 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Like I said.  Shut down league for 2 weeks. 

Lol you dont shut down the entire league because two teams have outbreaks. The NFL needs to add weeks to the regular season to accommodate games that need to be rescheduled. It's not hard and they can figure out out as games are being played. But they are idiots.

Edited by Process

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

#Meathead

6 minutes ago, Realist said:

Starting to think the league should just shut down for 2 weeks to let all this pass through then reset after that.

1 minute ago, Hebert19 said:

Like I said.  Shut down league for 2 weeks. 

Too many problems with shutting down for two weeks for it to be a viable option. First, who is to say the players and staff would stay apart? The Titans have been shut down for just about that long, and they are still getting new positives. Second, it is not safe for the players to take two weeks off and then play again. The players have said that themselves numerous times recently. Third, what happens when this all starts over again a month later? Another dangerous two-week shutdown some players ignore?

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, gordong said:

They just moved the pat Broncos to NEXT Sunday...  after the pat Positive test this morning...   No way they can proceed with the bills game now right??? 

Broncos-Patriots game is being moved to next Sunday, sources tell ESPN. Broncos were supposed to play Miami; that won’t happen. That game is being rescheduled.

So now Miami’s schedule is in flux. 

Teams impacted so far:

Buffalo, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New England, Kansas City, Denver, and Miami. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

I don't know how you mess this up so bad. The league had their championship game just before the virus hit the US in force and they got to see how dozens of other sporting bodies across the world returned to play. There should be at least be a flow chart about how to deal with this. But naaah, this game will be played. I really don't care if the Bills lose anymore, I will take getting the ***** out of Nashville without the team contracting the virus as a huge win.

What did I mess up. Did you mean the NFL? Sounds like we are saying the same thing. 

League needs to have the titans forfeit last week and this week. I don’t want the Bills near them and their breaking protocol deserves that type of punishment. As much as I’ll miss the Bills for this week, I’d prefer it to our players being put at risk of getting sick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, bills6969 said:

Gooddell just needs to put his big boy pants on and push back the Super Bowl a few weeks.

Safe to assume the city of Tampa would be able to support? The host city needs a lot of available hotel rooms. Most any other state wouldn't even be an issue, but Florida is all the way re-opened.

It’s a bad time to be one of the 5 titans fans....

1 minute ago, scribo said:

Safe to assume the city of Tampa would be able to support? The host city needs a lot of available hotel rooms. Most any other state wouldn't even be an issue, but Florida is all the way re-opened.

Saw somewhere that the city actually has to essentially reserve two or three fall back weekends for that very thing.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, wjag said:

So now Miami’s schedule is in flux. 

Teams impacted so far:

Buffalo, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New England, Kansas City, Denver, and Miami. 

I wonder if the calculus was the possibility miami-denver won't matter in the standings.

Could be way off depending on when it's rescheduled.

2 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

Not you but the league. I understood this could happen but I didn't think the league was bald face lying about having plans in place.

I think they have contingency plans. They just aren’t going to make them public until they have to, and it’s case by case. I’m pretty sure Beane is aware of the plan and options and will tell the players as needed. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

These players could test negative one day and positive the next and actually play on game day with the virus. Why not just have the players that test negative play and the ones that test positive just stay away from the team? If the Titans don't have enough players then that's their problem. If that means Ryan Tannehill has to play linebacker, I could live with that

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1