Game Balls Week 4

TBBills

Josh friggin Norman! Guy came in cold, was forced to start, and did great. I saw him make 1 bad call in coverage and miss 1 tackle against Darren Waller (which one on one, most CB's will).

Outside of that, he was phenomenal and brought a fiery edge. For not having played a single game this year, he came up big.

Really looks like Norman is going to be an important piece for our defense. He knows how to play in McDermott's system.

Maybe his horrible Washington years are a function of him being in a bad system for his traits (as several on the TSW have said). I wasn't sold on this hypothesis. But it may be true. 

6 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Josh friggin Norman! Guy came in cold, was forced to start, and did great. I saw him make 1 bad call in coverage and miss 1 tackle against Darren Waller (which one on one, most CB's will).

Outside of that, he was phenomenal and brought a fiery edge. For not having played a single game this year, he came up big.

He is truly going to be amazing on this team.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Ed Oliver, that bust 1st round pick who never makes plays

Two tackles for loss and a 4th down stop. 

I don't have him on my list though because I was a little disappointed with his pass rush today. Thought he got walled out of the down too often. His best plays today were definitely against the run.

11 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Ed Oliver, that bust 1st round pick who never makes plays

He had a great stop but Carr had a lot of room in front of him to move in the pockets. Would like to see more pressure up front, but that's not 100% on Oliver anyway.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't have him on my list though because I was a little disappointed with his pass rush today. Thought he got walled out of the down too often. 

He did at times.

But he was enough of a problem that the Raiders had to finally start throwing doubles at him

• Like (+1) 2

Daboll deserves love for the end around call with McK. Huge playcall that would have gotten him murdered if McK wasn't shot out of a cannon.

That wrinkle was our entire offense two years ago, and now it's a super effective gadget play at the right time.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Simon said:

He did at times.

But he was enough of problem that the Raiders had to finally start throwing doubles at him

Didn't notice that but will definitely keep and eye on it when the all22 comes out. 

The argument he doesn't make plays is clearly nonsense but even as a huge Ed fan I still think we need a bit more consistency.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Two tackles for loss and a 4th down stop. 

I don't have him on my list though because I was a little disappointed with his pass rush today. Thought he got walled out of the down too often. His best plays today were definitely against the run.

Which we could use. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Didn't notice that but will definitely keep and eye on it when the all22 comes out. 

The argument he doesn't make plays is clearly nonsense but even as a huge Ed fan I still think we need a bit more consistency.

He was causing Carr to rush his throws in the second half - if you watch the tape you’ll see what I’m talking about.  He had a really solid game.

• Like (+1) 2

Ive read that even Haushka wasnt thrilled with Bojo's holds on kicks. That needs improvement IMO

Game ball to Norman Welcome to Buffalo Sir. Job well done today and a pivotal play that the team needed badly #Clutch

on offense:

Allen, aside from the sack, was exceptional again.

Diggs

Bease, Brown and Gabe Davis all came up big
Run game needs to get going

on defense:

Norman, for the fumble & recovery

Jefferson: see Norman

Oliver for the 4th down stop

Defense is a huge issue.  We let a team without its top 2 WRs and 2 starting OL, move up and down the field against us.  We had literally zero pressure in the first half, and Raiders receivers were running wild and free.  Something needs to get fixed.

ST:

kicking game, once again, is a mess.

Roberts is a stud

General comment:  we need to learn how to put teams away.