Seantrel Henderson - OT depth? (Update - visiting Bills)

YoloinOhio

With the Nseckhe injury are very light at tackle depth. I believe he was starting at RT earlier this season for the Texans. With Brian Gaine here he should have insight given he signed him as a FA to the Texans.

update -

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

With the Nseckhe injury are very light at tackle depth. I believe he was starting at RT earlier this season for the Texans. With Brian Gaine here he should have insight given he signed him as a FA to the Texans.

How has his play been in Texas?  Kinda forgot about him after he left.  I remember the Crohn's disease was pretty terrible for him for a while there...

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

With all of the OT needs across the league, why would you assume that?

Right? Newhouse is starting for the best team in the league!

Just now, TigerJ said:

Ryan Bates has more position versatility.  He can play any spot on the offensive line.

True, but it gives you another tackle on the 53 to replace nsekhe.  And a guy who's started 40 games in the league vs. a rookie UDFA.  Especially when the current starter has struggled at times this year.

35 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Right? Newhouse is starting for the best team in the league!

True, but it gives you another tackle on the 53 to replace nsekhe.  And a guy who's started 40 games in the league vs. a rookie UDFA.  Especially when the current starter has struggled at times this year.

Also hasn't Ford been dealing with an injury from a week or so ago?

Edited by Warcodered

2 hours ago, Rico said:

No, once we get rid of Whaley gems, we don’t bring them back (see: Preston Brown).

I know that’s kind of your schtick but the guy was a 7th round pick that’s started 29 of 39 career games. He’s also made it 6 years in the league (twice as long as the average career). I’d call that a pretty good 7th rounder.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I know that’s kind of your schtick but the guy was a 7th round pick that’s started 29 of 39 career games. He’s also made it 6 years in the league (twice as long as the average career). I’d call that a pretty good 7th rounder.

Yes, the nfl has really taken notice of Whaley’s skills.  His phone has been ringing off the hook for job offers.

3 hours ago, 947 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Bates get some action against Von Miller. I don't think we need to add an OT, we could use Boettger there, or probably Feliciano in a pinch with Long coming in at OG.

Yeah, can’t wait to see that...

Edited by vincec
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

I would have to see who else is available on the tackle market for depth. Henderson has a lot of experience but never exactly tore things up. I wouldn't mind brining him in as a backup but I would have to think that there has to be better options out there. 

There's always Kujo, but I don't know if he would leave the New York Guardians.

• Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yes, the nfl has really taken notice of Whaley’s skills.  His phone has been ringing off the hook for job offers.

He can go back to Pittsburgh tomorrow to be Colbert’s #2. I know that for a fact. I think that he is running football ops for the XFL or something now. He was okay. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I don't think people appreciate how hard it is to find serviceable OTs. If they don't like Ford, they are gonna HATE whats out there to replace him. 

Bills FO keeps this concept fresh in our minds, so....

3 hours ago, 947 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Bates get some action against Von Miller. I don't think we need to add an OT, we could use Boettger there, or probably Feliciano in a pinch with Long coming in at OG.

Miller would certainly look forward to that as well.

• Haha (+1) 1