Share your Hot Take on Rex Ryan possibly returning to coach in AFC East?

1 hour ago, JK Fan said:

Really, what delusional planet are you watching from?

Rex is pretty much done as a HC ( IMO) , 

In Rex defense he did take the Jets to the AFC championship game ( if I’m not mistaken)  as a rookie HC , with Sanchez as a QB 

I wouldn't want to face him if he was just a defensive coordinator.  That Ravens and Jets defense he coached was lethal with the right personnel.  You'd need a veteran team that are able to execute his complicated scheme.

I'd rather see him as head coach of the Dolphins than DC for the Jets.   If the Jets got a strong head coach, that head coach could supply the discipline and focuss that woulood enable Ryan to build a touch defense.  When he's in charge, discipline and focus become pipe dreams.

Just now, uticaclub said:

Rex has a .489 winning percentage, McDermott is at .455. 

Rex had infinitely greater individual talent to work with on the line and at WR. The dead cap $ his roster carried in 2016 was a paltry 18.7 mill, hardly a blip compared to the 70 mill carried in dead cap $ this season. Put another way, McD had to make do with peanuts because that’s all the Bills could afford this year, and still managed to get an overwhelmingly young roster into fighting shape by the end of the year. Rex’s group tuned  out his bluster and rolled over without much of a fight when it was time to save his job. This year, the Bills have been steadily improving and ended on a crazy high note. The development of late round and undrafted talent has been especially gratifying to see. Rex was too busy trying to keep his no-talent brother Santa ?? employed, and developed little talent along the way—simply ran into the ground what he had, (4th ranked D dropped to 19th) by way of a half baked schematic structure that prominently, memorably featured Super Mario playing safety for all intents and purposes. Really?

Links:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2016/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

https://buffalonews.com/2017/01/14/bills-2016-defensive-autopsy-rex-ryan/

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t know why he didn’t just give it up, like Cowher, and Gruden for a long time.  He works probably 20% of what he used to do, and probably gets at least 70% of his compensation as a coach, and won’t embarrass himself again.  A lot of casual listeners like him as he  is very colorful as an analyst, and will say things others don’t, because he was probably coached by producers, to act in that manner.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t know why he didn’t just give it up, like Cowher, and Gruden for a long time.  He works probably 20% of what he used to do, and probably gets at least 70% of his compensation as a coach, and won’t embarrass himself again.  A lot of casual listeners like him as he  is very colorful as an analyst, and will say things others don’t, because he was probably coached by producers, to act in that manner.

He doesn't need coaching for that. The producers just told him to be himself.

It would be just like the Jets to hire a DC before hiring a HC.  What serious HC candidate would consider signing on with Wrecks in place already? 

Wrecks was a one-trick pony.  He took a talented Jets roster which was a good fit for his scheme, and went to the AFC championship twice.  I suppose that's better than taking a talented Jets roster and having a losing record...which is what he did to the Bills.

I call him Wrecks because he arrogantly and selfishly took a great, powerful, scary defense built by Jim Schwartz, and flat-out broke it.  He insisted on putting his own system in place with the wrong personnel, and I think the Bills gave up on him when he had Marcel Dareus dropping into pass coverage. 

I actually think he's a better bet for Miami.  That's a franchise in free fall, giving up on their QB and HC, and having dumped all the talent on the roster.  The Miami ownership could easily make the same mistake the rookie Pegulas did, bringing in a celebrity coach to get attention and sell tickets.  Good luck with that, fish.  You can battle it out with the Jets or last place for the next three or four years, while the Bills finally catch the aging Patriots.

He cracks me up, and certainly makes the AFC East more fun to watch - if only for the post game pressers and bizarre foot fetish.

Balances out having Darth Hoodie sucking all the life out of a room during his pressers.

I also don't see him building a dominant team so win-win.

Edited by WideNine