If the Bills are 3-5 at the turn, what are you thinking?

OK, some of the prognosticators can choke on their 0-8 starts and their 2-14 or 3-13 season for the Bills.  I also have been on the record as saying I would love them to have a great season but if they end up being between 5-11 to 7-9 I would not be too upset as I believe we are really into the second year of a three year rebuild.

That said, what are you thinking if they are 3-5 at mid season?  Let me add regardless of who is at QB.

If they can find a way to, let's say beat Baltimore, Tennessee and the Colts (I know, a tall order as two of those are on the road), then I don't think it is insane to give up hope on a 9-7 season.  Playoffs?  Sorry, unlikely this year as I think the AFC this year may yield a 10-6 record for the sixth position in the playoffs, but at least they can stay in the hunt.

Look, I know it is hard to sweep teams in your division, but sweep the Jets and Phins, and then add possible wins against Chicago and Detroit (teams I respect, but still the best shots we have), and you get yourself to 6 wins, with losses against the Jags and Pats.

If we don't finish 9-7, if it is more like 8-8 or 7-9 I would still deem the season reasonably acceptable given the second year of a rebuild.

If they are 2-6 with AJ or Nate then I agree with others along the line of you start to think about putting Allen in, if you reasonably think he can be as good as the guys who got you to 2-6.

What say you?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

What say you?

3-5 coming off a tough opening stretch would be fine by me. No gimmes in the NFL bit the back half is set up better. 

So 3-5 equals 8-8 by year end.  Allen only sees the field in mop up duty. McC performs adequately at QB.

• Like (+1) 3

I see (2-6) as a very realistic possibility.

Unless the starter - whether it's Peterman or McCarron (I fully expect it to be McCarron) - is the reason the Bills are losing so much, I still don't think Allen sees the field outside of mop up duty (as @Cripple Creek opined above).

Given our second half schedule, 4-4 means we have a serious shot at getting to the Playoffs again. 

3-5 leaves little room for error but if 2 of those losses are to the Vikings & Packers, they are at least NFC losses and if a 9-7 WC team is in play again, still have a decent shot to make a second half run to give us a chance.

Edited by SCBills

27 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

OK, some of the prognosticators can choke on their 0-8 starts and their 2-14 or 3-13 seasons for the Bills.  I also have been on the record as saying I would love them to have a great season but if they end up being between 5-11 and 7-9 I would not be too upset as I believe we are really into the second year of a three year rebuild.

That said, what are you thinking if they are 3-5 at mid season?  Let me add regardless of who is at QB.

If they can find a way to, let's say beat Baltimore, Tennessee and the Colts (I know, a tall order as two of those are on the road), then I don't think it is insane to give up hope on a 9-7 season.  Playoffs?  Sorry, unlikely this year as I think the AFC this year may yield a 10-6 record for the sixth position in the playoffs, but at least they can stay in the hunt.

Look, I know it is hard to sweep teams in your division, but sweep the Jets and Phins, and then add possible wins against Chicago and Detroit (teams I respect, but still the best shots we have), and you get yourself to 6 wins, with losses against the Jags and Pats.

If we don't finish 9-7, if it is more like 8-8 or 7-9 I would still deem the season reasonably acceptable given the second year of a rebuild.

If they are 2-6 with AJ or Nate then I agree with others along the line of you start to think about putting Allen in, if you reasonably think he can be as good as the guys who got you to 2-6.

What say you?

Two things, I’m with eball on 11-5 and secondly I don’t ever want to see Nate under center in a real game again. 

Good topic OP.  Honestly I think I'd be ok with 3-5 and would expect 8-8 at least depending on how the qb situation plays out.  Funny how finally breaking the drought last year would make men content with a .500 season so long as things appear headed in the right direction.

Edited by Bills fan since 87
Typo

Allen should start every game as well as anyone we are thinking of upgrading next year. 

With our draft position and salary space, we shouldn’t allow there to be any question marks on our roster 

I am thinking you are an optimist.   this team is hard to handicap...with the QB uncertainty leading the pack.  but, new OC, everybody starts from zero on knowing the play book.  I am speculating that things won't go well for the O at first, but the D will be fine.  But, I have trouble seeing 3 wins in the front half.........

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Honestly?

I'm thinking "Great, we have some really solid pieces for next year we can build on"

Now, if we end 9-7 or better and make the playoffs again I will be jumping for joy, but this season is all about seeing what we have for 2019. 

i'm just going to piggy back off this.  

this team isnt an 8 win team on paper not to say they couldnt go 9-7. So 3-5 at the turn wouldn't be super disaapointing I dont expect them to win more than 6. Schedule is brutal and time to break in the new qb

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

This defense is obviously going to carry us but if we can at least have a game managing offense that controls the clock then I just can't rule out playoffs, it's a stretch but at least 7-9, 8-8 or 9-7 seem more feasible.

my fear is the lack of offense leaves the defense on the field all the time and over and over. We need to play slow, run clock, run the ball and play to our defense. Boring ? yes but it's the best chance to win this year regardless of who plays qb