Would you use Shady as trade bait?

Just now, Woodman19 said:

Yes, but why would Philly?

Good question because it seemed that the running back rotation they had last year was effective.  Like I said before, Roseman allegedly was interested in Shady at one point.  Maybe he replaces Blount with Shady?

1 minute ago, BillnutinHouston said:

To me it's a no-brainer - yes!

Shady's on the down side of his career and carries a big salary. If you can exchange that for 4 years of a quality starter at a low salary, you do it every time. 

Remember, the team still need to fill the stadium

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

Good question because it seemed that the running back rotation they had last year was effective.  Like I said before, Roseman allegedly was interested in Shady at one point.  Maybe he replaces Blount with Shady?

When you factor in age, contract and what is likely to be available they are probably best off to just keep the pick and add a RB later on a rookie deal.

Edited by Woodman19

I wouldn't.  A great RB can be a young QB's best friend, and especially a good receiving back.  Having Shady there to hand the ball off to or dump short, high percentage passes and screens to will force a defense to respect the run and should make the new QB's life a lot easier.  Hard to blitz the young QB when Shady is gashing you...

Drafting the right QB is just the start of it.  The Bills need to do everything in their power to put that young QB into a situation where he can succeed.  Having a great run game is a critical part of that.  No one we draft at #32 in this year's draft will help our new QB develop into a franchise QB more than having Shady lining up behind him every snap as a strong run option that defenses have to respect, as an excellent blitz pick up back on throwing downs, and as a check down receiver / security blanket for the new QB.

Edited by Inigo Montoya

100% yes.  I love shady, but if you can replace his salary with that of Sony Michel or Ronald Jones, Guice  or even penny, it’s a no brainer to me.  Get a young stud back to a mill a year for 4 years,  fosho.

53 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I wouldn't.  A great RB can be a young QB's best friend, and especially a good receiving back.  Having Shady there to hand the ball off to or dump short, high percentage passes and screens to will force a defense to respect the run and should make the new QB's life a lot easier.  Hard to blitz the young QB when Shady is gashing you...

Drafting the right QB is just the start of it.  The Bills need to do everything in their power to put that young QB into a situation where he can succeed.  Having a great run game can be a critical part of that.  No one we draft at #32 in this year's draft will help our new QB develop into a franchise QB more than having Shady lining up behind him every snap.

Good 1st point.  I’d still make the trade though

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would have to at least give it some thought.......we will be looking to replace him next year anyway and this year if the bills are smart they will platoon him since we have a decent backup RB especially on short yardage and goaline.

You think it’s his last year and they should limit his touches in the biggest moments and you are giving it some thought? 

For pick 32 you trip over yourself to sign the paper and fax it in twice just to be safe.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, NoSaint said:

You think it’s his last year and they should limit his touches in the biggest moments and you are giving it some thought? 

For pick 32 you trip over yourself to sign the paper and fax it in twice just to be safe.

Yeah I said "give it some thought" but I really mean "yes I would do it"

This is a deep RB draft......we would need to make sure we drafted Shady's air apparent......and of course it would free up even more cap room to the ton we are gonna have next offseason.

Shady was the only thing I could get excited about offensively once we traded sammy.  He’s currently our only playmaker.  If we had a chance at a SB run, I’d keep him ?.  But I don’t believe that to be the caseZ

I mean if we are getting Guice or Michel then I'm ok with it. To get a 1st for a 30 year old RB would be something you don't see every day. I love Shady, but I would make that deal. Having 3 first round picks would be crazy. 

Before you all get your panties & jock straps twisted into a knot... I heard a rumor here in Philly that Howie Rosemen really want Shady back. He has 6 RB's on the roster, & he's trying to clear at least 3 off. If this is true, Makes sense for the Eagles... they had alot of RB's last year during they're SB run. Plus Howie has been trying to get Shady back since he got back into his GM role.

The 32nd picked for Shady is what I heard. 

If they offered that to Beane on draft day, would you be mad if he'd did it???

Me personally, I wouldn't...Shady is a great back, & will most likely go to the Hall of Fame, he's in great shape, & looks to play the next 3 years at a high level. He's one of those guy's I believe deserves a ring, kinda like Phillip Rivers, Jim Kelly, ect... I know, HE'S OUR ENTIRE OFFENSE! But, even if we draft a QB, we won't be competing consistently on a serious level until 2-3 more years.

Our O-line took a huge unexpected hit, Shady might be in for the worst season of his career... if we get the 32nd pick, we could take Darius Guice, & let him our Rookie QB, possibly DJ Chark in the 2nd grow together. Granted this might not even happen cause again Shady is great, & it's hard to replace greatness, but I feel like it's deserved for the player, plus it will help our cap more come next year.

Thought?

shady is a stud....

but with the 32nd pick.....you could clear $9 mil off the cap and replace him with a team controlled younger guy (michel, guice, jones, chubb, penny, scarbrough)

i'd do it.

besides, shady will struggle this season behind a revamped O-line

This is getting ridiculous!  I'm noticing more and more that people appear to be reading posts by others and then posting pretty much the same thing later as if it was their original thoughts. 

We we had somebody post about trading Shady 7 hours ago!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

If we got good value for him, I wouldn't mind moving him at all.

By the time the QB we are about to draft is good and surrounded by a winning team, Shady won't be part of the picture here anyway.

We were a winning team last year that made the playoffs

1 hour ago, nucci said:

We were a winning team last year that made the playoffs

Players leave, players get older.  We've already lost two OL that started for the 2017 team, and no longer have depth at OLT.

Getting any 1st round pick for a running back Shady's age is an absolute steal.  

I'd rather have Foles though - not a big AJ believer myself.