Would you use Shady as trade bait?

4 minutes ago, bills in oregon said:

I would strongly consider it. he turns 30 this year and what do you hope to achieve with him on the roster? I really like him but I think we could use him to get more picks. this RB class is also deep. 

I love me some shady and would hate to see him go, but if it comes down to trading him to move up for our franchise qb, I am all for it. Use some of the cap savings for o-line/lb/wr depth

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, mannc said:

He has little or no trade value, so no,

Question was would you? Not do u think he has value.. If u think he doesn't have value, but an NFL GM thinks he might, why would u say no? Get something while u can if somebody is gonna pay. 

(I'm not saying he does or does not have value, but if he is a piece to land our franchise qb then why not do it)

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, bills in oregon said:

I would strongly consider it. he turns 30 this year and what do you hope to achieve with him on the roster? I really like him but I think we could use him to get more picks. this RB class is also deep. 

We'd get a 5th or 6th round pick for him.  What do you propose we do with that?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love watching him. He’s easily our best player, but yeah I guess I would if someone went crazy and offered us something nuts. 

The oline is in transition, our qb situation is less than favorable and we’re easily a year or two from being a serious competitor. 

It’s just bad timing. He’s a great piece on a winner but he can’t do it himself. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

I've said this before in another thread...

If the NYG wanted him in order to make the trade to #2 and it saves us some serious draft currency I believe you make that deal...

I have loved watching him play for the Bills but he is turning 30yrs old and this will be his 10th season. And this could be his last opportunity to get to the SuperBowl.

I assume it also saves us around 6 million cap dollars (his base salary)...

• Like (+1) 1