Jets Announce Release of DL Mo Wilkerson - Next Visit with Kansas City

26CornerBlitz

32 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

A malcontent with a reputation for laziness and quitting on his team after getting paid isn't exactly the type that this regime strives to obtain.

Sounds a bit familiar....maybe Jax would like him? B-)

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it was prior to 2017 as well but i would have to look it up 

makes the 5th we got for Dareus look good now 

Can't be....doesn't fit the narrative of the board who all appear to have more inside information than the GM.....sorry, you're wrong. Good try.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Wilkerson can certainly play.  Maybe he'd take a Vontae DAvis type deal to earn another big contract and stick it to the Jets twice this year.  He can probably play anywhere on our DL and we certainly need the help up front. 

Man the only issue though is that if a guy has shown that one time, you probably should believe him.  It's too much of a risk and not the attitude that fits into the culture that McD wants to foster.

one year prove it deal laced with incentives. Gives him a chance to up his rep., gives us a potential highly productive interior lineman. I dunno what would we have to lose especially on a one year deal. I understand we want high character guys and maybe it was the caustic locker room with the Jets and knowing they weren't going anywhere was frustrating. Not making excuses for him he's an overpaid whiner if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I am quite sure Dareus will be replaced. I don’t think he will be replaced with a similar type of baggage.

Yeah. When I saw the "missing team meetings part" I realized this was going to be a no go.

I just really would like to see D-line nailed down, because Dareus being done made a difference, and with potentially losing Kyle, I would rather be proactive.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

A malcontent with a reputation for laziness and quitting on his team after getting paid isn't exactly the type that this regime strives to obtain.

Agreed.   If they can't stomach Darius, why would they want Mo?    

38 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Wilkerson is the type of DL you need if Bills are ever gonna beat Brady.  At his best, he can push the pocket and live in the backfield. I'd gamble on a 1 year deal with him.  McBeane should load up on DL this offseason.  

How did that work out for the Jets?

12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Jesus...Jets dump Wilkerson on same day NFL dumps Papa John's.......terribly depressing day...........

Papa John is paying the price for joining forces with Jerry vs Goodell.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

It doesn't, at all, but 40 million is 40 million.

With the Jets cap space, can't you guys see the Jets offering this ridiculous contract?

The jets have a top pick.  Trade to the bills and grab all the skill positions around KK with the booty

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Get 'er done Beane!

I know we would stretch our cap, but it would fill a major need front and center. If Kyle can be convinced to come back for one more year at a reasonable price, I would feel a hell of a lot better about our D-line.

Did you see him play the last two seasons? He was awful. There's a good reason they released him.

The only FA DL I'm interested in at this point are Poe, who is very slightly above average and Lawrence, whom the Cowboys have said they will tag if they can't come to terms. Shaq is a bust, but I'm hoping some other team will trade us a 4th round pick for him. I doubt it, though. Kyle was still above average last year, but given the rate of decline in his performance level over the past 3 years, I see no reason to believe that he'll be even an average DT in 2018 if he even decides to return. Then everyone wants top trade Hughes, who is the only good DL we have left on the roster. We could really be hurting on that DL in 2018.

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

How about the games before he was released and was barely performing or not even in uniform?

You have a very obvious agenda.

...quality D-line play?

Look, I'm a fan of the process. I think that the McBeane duo is moving things in the right direction, but I think we did take a step back in our D-line. Maybe it was inevitable. Maybe this way, we get something out of it. But look at that Eagles D-line. I remember hearing the calls about how Fletcher Cox, their big DT had slacked off once he got paid, and wasn't worth the money...no one is complaining now.

Interior defensive pressure counts. And we, quite simply, moved from a player who is more qualified properly motivated,  to a player who is less qualified when properly motivated. If there really was no getting through to Dareus, it was necessary, but you can't tell me with a straight face that Adolphus Washington has a ceiling above Dareus

5 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Get 'er done Beane!

I know we would stretch our cap, but it would fill a major need front and center. If Kyle can be convinced to come back for one more year at a reasonable price, I would feel a hell of a lot better about our D-line.

Why?  They already moved on from one DT problem.  He is same, maybe worse.

At least Beane got a draft pick for his problem.