Say a prayer for Danny, my son....

Nervous Guy

This past Friday afternoon, my son Danny lost a long battle with addiction. My heart has a gigantic hole in it that is only getting bigger as the hours go by. Danny was (as some of you that met him) a kind, funny and gregarious boy...he never lost those qualities. He tried to beat his demons over the past 6 years, and was temporarily successful for months at a time...once over a year! He never wanted that life and hated it, he never gave up...My family and I never gave up on him...we loved him so much. Friday I got the call that no parent ever wants to get. He will be coming home for the last time later this week. Not the homecoming We ever wanted.

He was a life long rabid Bills fan. Proud to be a Bills fan. Wore his Bills colors in the heart of Dolphin territory...we texted each other all game long, shared the victories and the defeats...planned to come this this years tailgate. Now that's all gone.

My plea to you is to have compassion for people in his position, they don't want to be there...they hate it, are ashamed of it...and sometimes just can't escape it. I miss my son and best buddy...I'd gladly change places with him, he was so young so much to live for. Please say a prayer for Danny to finally be at peace.

IMG_6079.JPG

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This past Friday afternoon, my son Danny lost a long battle with addiction. My heart has a gigantic hole in it that is only getting bigger as the hours go by. Danny was (as some of you that met him) a kind, funny and gregarious boy...he never lost those qualities. He tried to beat his demons over the past 6 years, and was temporarily successful for months at a time...once over a year! He never wanted that life and hated it, he never gave up...My family and I never gave up on him...we loved him so much. Friday I got the call that no parent ever wants to get. He will be coming home for the last time later this week. Not the homecoming We ever wanted.

He was a life long rabid Bills fan. Proud to be a Bills fan. Wore his Bills colors in the heart of Dolphin territory...we texted each other all game long, shared the victories and the defeats...planned to come this this years tailgate. Now that's all gone.

My plea to you is to have compassion for people in his position, they don't want to be there...they hate it, are ashamed of it...and sometimes just can't escape it. I miss my son and best buddy...I'd gladly change places with him, he was so young so much to live for. Please say a prayer for Danny to finally be at peace.

You have them ng......:(

NG I am so sorry to hear that about your loss. I can not imagine what you are going through. Thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing and your understanding of the disease that is addiction. Awareness can only help to defeat it. All of Bills nation feels for you. No one circles around one of their own like Bills fans.

I am sorry to hear about the passing of your son. Below is a quote I read often after my father passed away, and I hope you also find it comforting. It is from Kahlil Gabran's The Prophet :

When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart,

and you shall see that in truth you are weeping

for that which has been your delight.

Some of you say, "Joy is greater than sorrow"

and others say, "Nay, sorrow is the greater."

But I say unto you, They are inseparable.

I lost my wife recently & it hurts so much, but I can't & won't compare it to a parent losing a child, no matter what the situation. Good thoughts, stay strong & reach out to your circle of friends/family

Prayers to you and your family too. God Bless

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.