Say a prayer for Danny, my son....

Nervous Guy

Nervous Guy, Heartbraking news, but your heart need not be broken.

Romans 8:

38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Excerpt From: Nelson, Thomas. “The Holy Bible, King James Study Bible (KJV).” Thomas Nelson, 2012-10-12. iBooks.

This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewBook?id=483167163

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This past Friday afternoon, my son Danny lost a long battle with addiction. My heart has a gigantic hole in it that is only getting bigger as the hours go by. Danny was (as some of you that met him) a kind, funny and gregarious boy...he never lost those qualities. He tried to beat his demons over the past 6 years, and was temporarily successful for months at a time...once over a year! He never wanted that life and hated it, he never gave up...My family and I never gave up on him...we loved him so much. Friday I got the call that no parent ever wants to get. He will be coming home for the last time later this week. Not the homecoming We ever wanted.

He was a life long rabid Bills fan. Proud to be a Bills fan. Wore his Bills colors in the heart of Dolphin territory...we texted each other all game long, shared the victories and the defeats...planned to come this this years tailgate. Now that's all gone.

My plea to you is to have compassion for people in his position, they don't want to be there...they hate it, are ashamed of it...and sometimes just can't escape it. I miss my son and best buddy...I'd gladly change places with him, he was so young so much to live for. Please say a prayer for Danny to finally be at peace.

Addiction is a horrible beast that people can't understand if they haven't been through it. So sorry for your loss

This past Friday afternoon, my son Danny lost a long battle with addiction. My heart has a gigantic hole in it that is only getting bigger as the hours go by. Danny was (as some of you that met him) a kind, funny and gregarious boy...he never lost those qualities. He tried to beat his demons over the past 6 years, and was temporarily successful for months at a time...once over a year! He never wanted that life and hated it, he never gave up...My family and I never gave up on him...we loved him so much. Friday I got the call that no parent ever wants to get. He will be coming home for the last time later this week. Not the homecoming We ever wanted.

He was a life long rabid Bills fan. Proud to be a Bills fan. Wore his Bills colors in the heart of Dolphin territory...we texted each other all game long, shared the victories and the defeats...planned to come this this years tailgate. Now that's all gone.

My plea to you is to have compassion for people in his position, they don't want to be there...they hate it, are ashamed of it...and sometimes just can't escape it. I miss my son and best buddy...I'd gladly change places with him, he was so young so much to live for. Please say a prayer for Danny to finally be at peace.

Thst is a very brave and compassionate post. My heart goes out to you for your loss. My family will keep yours in our prayers. Time will make your loss bearable, but you will never forget.

NG man my heart goes out to you and your family. PRayers for Danny that he finally has found peace.

I am so sorry to hear this. You have been very open about the struggles and I know how much it affected you. Stay strong.

I don't even have words to say. I can't say I've lost a loved one to addiction, but I've come pretty close plenty of times. I know the struggle of loving someone who struggles with it, and the feeling of total helplessness as you watch them spin out of control, clean up, and do it over again. I can only speak for myself, but it took me years to stop feeling guilt for something I didn't do. Prayers for you and your family.

Oh Mark, there are no words I can give that can comfort you. Like GG and Guff said, I remember him from the early tailgates and I will always think of him as that sweet little boy. And I probably swore in front of him too. What I remember most is that you were (are) a loving and attentive dad.

Love and prayers to you and the family. You know where to find me if you want to talk.

Oh NG... I am so very, very sorry. From what I have gleaned from reading this board for many years, I sensed the hard struggle that was unduly bestowed upon Danny, you & family. Your son Danny, family & you have always been in our prayers and will continue to do so. I know there is not much I can say to you, being that we are almost complete strangers to each other. But, from what interaction we have had, you have always been a pillar of strength to me. Please know the positive influence you've instilled in us all.

Please remain strong and know that your message was being paid close attention to & Danny remains forever in our thoughts & prayers. Thanks for teaching the world about compassion, understanding, and unconditional love.

So sorry to hear about your tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. As a parent, it would be a horrible scenario to deal with, please try and stay strong. Your son was obviously a fighter and any parent would be proud of that.