Next Season.....

I will no longer be posting a weekly thread after games. It really is time to pass the baton to someone else who may feel up to taking on the challenge. Last season, there were similar posts to mine and they were good.

Here are my itemized (of course :)) reasons:

1) First and foremost, I think that my time has passed and KNOW that others can do a better job of recapping the game. I want this for TBD.

2) My health is fine, much better than before. No smoking or even drinking since October, and I work out in the gym. That said, as amateurish as the posts were, they really did take time. I want to travel more to see my daughters, grand children, and friends.

3) I want to watch a game without a pen and notebook.

4) I might be coming up for a game this season. It's been a while and I miss it, especially the tailgates.

5) Having seen almost every play of every game for well over 2 decades, I have a bad feeling about this season. It is my opinion that Rex is destroying this team and that Whaley is almost as bad. I don't want to be in constant battles with those who think that this situation is good. There really might not be so many good things to report this year. But, this IS a Bills Fan Site, and I don't want to spend my Sundays bursting bubbles and depressing people I have grown to like SO much over the years I have spent here.

Hey, I will continue to post. This, imo, is the only place for Bills football.

Thanks to the mods & SDS for indulging me.

Thanks so, SO much to each and every one of you for the dialogue. My "thoughts" were not all knowing declarations. They were just thoughts and observations and the intent was to create dialogue. I think that for the most part, it did work.

And most of all, thanks for the support when I was sick. My daughters and I will never forget this. Not ever.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you plan to survive the season without drinking? How did you survive last season?

Heroic IMO.

Thanks for your contributions over the years!

Oh and this is just for you :lol:

@aaronwilson_NFL

Alabama cornerback-kick returner Cyrus Jones to visit Ravens, Eagles, Bills, Saints; work out privately for Panthers, Buccaneers

Edited by YoloinOhio

Congrats on the smoking...not so sure on the sanity of no drinking!

:) I am actually allowed 2 alcoholic beverages per day. The thing is I stretched this quite a bit over the years and want to give my body a brake. I find it 10x easier to give up than cigarettes.

But you and Yolo are correct. Rex is harder to accept without a few beers!!! :)

Hoping you reconsider. Your post was sadly the most entertaining part of too many Bills Sundays. Regardless, thanks for your contributions. Always nice to know there are intelligent fans who see the game within the game as I like to do.

And yes, I also believe that this team is going to crash and burn this season. The worst part is, they've handicapped future seasons with asinine contracts.

Hoping you reconsider. Your post was sadly the most entertaining part of too many Bills Sundays. Regardless, thanks for your contributions. Always nice to know there are intelligent fans who see the game within the game as I like to do.

And yes, I also believe that this team is going to crash and burn this season. The worst part is, they've handicapped future seasons with asinine contracts.

You do realize that while Bill actually posts intelligent conversation....you are more like the court jester

Bill, thanks for doing it!!! Your insights following the games are some of the best stuff on this board. I hope that you continue to weigh in on the topic and other topics as wel. Glad that you are getting to spend more time with the family and look forward to hearing more from you around here.

You do realize that while Bill actually posts intelligent conversation....you are more like the court jester

This coming from a guy who types with his pom-poms on. You really are the worst type of fan.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack this thread going back and forth with this simpleton.

Good luck to you Bill.

Do what you feel is necessary, Bill. You'll still be posting, and that's good.

I've enjoyed you're post game reports, even if I did not fully agree with your take of LeSean McCoy, but everyone has an opinion, and you always have brought good insight.

:beer: :beer: Game day won't be the same without your threads, Bill. Hopefully this doesn't mean you'll be leaving the board completely, that would be a crime.

yeah Bill hope you do still hang around!

I have absolutely no idea what is gonna happen this next year. I really need to see if this defense digests and accepts what Rex is trying to get them to do.

If the D improves and the O continues its improvement......it will be a much more enjoyable season.

:) I am actually allowed 2 alcoholic beverages per day. The thing is I stretched this quite a bit over the years and want to give my body a brake. I find it 10x easier to give up than cigarettes.

:lol: Only someone from Buffalo would call two drinks a day "not drinking."

I'll miss your post-game posts. Except for #5 on your list. That point always sucked.

nah, sorry Bill... you WILL continue to do your postgame posts for at least the next few years.

Cheers!

I will no longer be posting a weekly thread after games. It really is time to pass the baton to someone else who may feel up to taking on the challenge. Last season, there were similar posts to mine and they were good.

1) First and foremost, I think that my time is passed and KNOW that others can do a better job of recapping the game. I want this for TBD.

2) My health is fine, much better than before. No smoking or even drinking since October, and I work out in the gym. That said, as amateurish as the posts were, they really did take time. I want to travel more to see my daughters, grand children, and friends.

4) I might be coming up for a game this season. It's been a while and I miss it, especially the tailgates.

5) Having seen almost every play of every game for well over 2 decades, I have a bad feeling about this season. It is my opinion that Rex is destroying this team and that Whaley is almost as bad. I don't want to be in constant battles with those who think that this situation is good. There really might not be so many good things to report this year. But, this IS a Bills Fan Site, and I don't want to spend my Sundays bursting bubbles and depressing people I have grown to like SO much over the years I have spent here.

Thanks so, SO much to each and every one of you for the dialogue. My "thoughts" were not all knowing declarations. They were just thoughts and observations and the intent was to create dialogue. I think that for the most part, it did work.

And most of all, thanks for the support when I was sick. My daughters and I will never forget this. Not ever.

Thanks for your effort and insights. Much appreciated here. I get point #5 and how it's no fun to be a wet blanket, right or wrong. We shall see, and I'll continue to cross my fingers, as I have for the last half century..... (But Rex drive me....never mind - another time.)

:lol: Only someone from Buffalo would call two drinks a day "not drinking."

I'll miss your post-game posts. Except for #5 on your list. That point always sucked.

I have not had even one beer. I was told by all my doctors that 2 is ok. Like I said, I need a rest.

I am very sad to read this. Genuinely one of the best things about this board. We didn't always agree but one of the things I always appreciated was a constructive disagreement to one of your points would always be greeted with a thoughtful reply.

I will miss those threads greatly, but you Bill owe this board nothing after all you have given to it and I hope you continue to chip in on other threads.

You are a TBD legend in my eyes.

I have not had even one beer. I was told by all my doctors that 2 is ok. Like I said, I need a rest.

My last doctor told me to stay away from doctors, but I think that was after he may have committed malpractice. Maybe he wanted that to be our little secret. I'm not sure, but I've heeded his advise anyway (probably for a little too long). But good for you on taking care of yourself and hope we get your recaps when you feel in the mood this season.

Edited by Augie

1) First and foremost, I think that my time has passed and KNOW that others can do a better job of recapping the game. I want this for TBD.

I enjoyed your threads and hope you reconsider doing them.....at least from time to time....so what if you don't do it for all 16 games. If you get the itch, post it. At least post enough to point out that we shouldn't worry if we lose to the Rams, Cards, 9ers or Hawks because it will help us in tiebreakers.

On point 5 above I have the same worries as you for 2016 although we disagree about Whaley. Building a team in the NFL with all the specialized skills, the salary cap, the amount other teams are willing to spend impacting what you need to spend, and somehow managing depth with all of that is a fine art. You need some luck and a lot of support. You don't need a coach who takes a roster and implements a system 180 degrees opposite of the personnel that had taken several years to assemble. That will always set a team back and it did so to the Bills in 2015. 2016 is likely to get worse because of Rex...on that we agree.

I disagree on points 1 and 3, and give a thumbs up to 2, 4 and the unnumbered points.

Cheers.

You are going to have to go back to calling WGR after the games like during the Super Bowl years.

Think about it.......no prep.......all spontaneity.

You and that very opinionated blind guy and the old lady with the parakeets chirping in the background........calling in to Dickerson postgame during the last two SB runs.........classic.

I can remember you calling up and talking about being out joyously walking your dog around the neighborhood....sun shining in LI......after a playoff victory while we were trying to thaw out in the van on the way home.

That was the first time we realized there was actually a Bills fan out there with a NY accent.

A lot of folks here don't realize that you were a social networking Bills fan prior to the intranet.

Look forward to seeing you guys this fall. You gotta' make it up for a game!

Do your thing sir. I've enjoyed your posts. And don't be dumb enough to think that anyone is going to take over for you. People will try, but there's a reason that so many people responded to your posts, and it's not just lyrics...

Sadly, I have the same feeling about the direction of this team. So now's as good a time as any

Congrats on restoring health. We're all fans and mostly are here for the stimulation of good arguments.... But this... It's a game played for entertainment. Thanks for always being a good read on Sunday's.

Thanks for your posts Bill. I am in agreement. For the first time in over 40 years I am not excited about Bills football. Rex is a total clown and he destroyed an up and coming team. I see huge regression and no accountability. Hopefully Pegs wises up and ships this fool out after another lost season. I'm seeing 6-10 or 5-11 or worse depending on how soon the players begin their mutiny.

Bill congrats to you on moving forward! FWIW (not much really outside my home) I quit the booze drinking also. I work out now and try to take life a little less stressfully. Hitting 50 and seeing people around you hit walls with health and personal issues will eventually change perspective.

I will miss your threads. Enjoy the game and hope to see you at the opener.

Bill , thanks. If you decide to come up for a game let me know. I am at Hammers most games . We will have TBD information on the board each game week about parking at hammers. You should try and make the opener.

Grand kids are the best. Enjoy them.

Bill from NYC, your reports were literally the first thing I would look for after a game if I was on line. Glad you're better and tell your daughter thank you for posting updates as well. And cheers to you and the future. Glad you are well.

I am so glad you are doing well - you gave us all a scare. Your weekly recaps will be missed, no question. They were always the first thread I read after games, and after losses, often the only thread as you managed through your thoughtful comments to create a good football discussion.

I do not share your level of pessimism over the direction of the team. While I fear you may be right, I am hopeful you are not. I guess we will see, and I look forward to more thoughtful debates as the season progresses. Thank you for all your effort in creating your weekly thoughts posts over the years.

... And thank you for the advanced Grateful Dead education.

Edited by MDFan