Next Season.....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping you reconsider. Your post was sadly the most entertaining part of too many Bills Sundays. Regardless, thanks for your contributions. Always nice to know there are intelligent fans who see the game within the game as I like to do.

And yes, I also believe that this team is going to crash and burn this season. The worst part is, they've handicapped future seasons with asinine contracts.

go find another team to follow

Retirement can be a great time to just enjoy...hope the pension SDS provides is a good one (haha)

Thanks for all the enjoyable reading...strangely I almost always agreed with 100% of what you said...must be an age thing.

Hoping you reconsider. Your post was sadly the most entertaining part of too many Bills Sundays. Regardless, thanks for your contributions. Always nice to know there are intelligent fans who see the game within the game as I like to do.

And yes, I also believe that this team is going to crash and burn this season. The worst part is, they've handicapped future seasons with asinine contracts.

correction* i think the offense will do better this year. I think the defense will crash n burn.

Edited by Marty McFly

1 million percent agree with this. Your posts are one of the things I most look forward to coming here and reading after the games.

I don't agree with the second part of this. I don't expect the Bills to "crash and burn". I think they will again be middle of the pack. I expect them to play better defense and I expect the Offense to be the same or better. The issue I see is their schedule. I think they could play much better and still have a worse record. As far as the contracts, I don't think they are handicapped at all. They are tight this year but will have a ton of room next year. They are tight because they've kept their good players. Kyle, Eric Wood, Hughes, Marcel, Cordy, Aaron Williams, Incognito, Gilmore. The only "bad" contracts I think are Aaron Williams being a bit overpaid (especially if he can't get and stay healthy) and McCoy. McCoy is a good player, but I think you can get his production from other, cheaper backs.

Bill, please consider letting us get you a dictaphone for notes and some software so that you can just read your comments into the thread.

This is a great idea! Instead of a well thought out, bullet-pointed post like Bill has been doing, switch it to a stream of conscience, reactionary post that captures the highs and lows of a Sunday afternoon for us Bills fans. Like the shoutbox, but its just Bill.

Bill, this is bittersweet news indeed. Sad that we won't have your summaries, but really great to hear you're taking control of your health. Best of luck with that!

Your summaries were truly the one thing that I would read regardless of the game's outcome or the team's performance. On good weeks, they were great fun. On bad weeks, they were cathartic.

I do understand, though -- writing can be great fun, but also very time consuming. And the responsibility can be a burden sometimes.

That said, who's with me in rejecting his proposal?

Bill, going to miss your "thoughts". You had a lot of great ones and I looked forward to them each Sunday evening.

But I totally understand your reasons why. Oddly enough, I quit drinking last Oct too. Must have been some weird ju-ju out there or something.

Anyways, take care, God bless, and thanks for all the great posts. RWR

Go Bills!!!

Bill.

Being a short timer here. i too have enjoyed your weekly thoughts. Great conversation starters!

But a time comes when refocusing upon one's Family and life should certainly take precedent. I am glad you are at peace heading in that direction. wishing you the joy that comes with that path!

as we both know

in our heart.

The music never stopped,

even when the show ended !

best wishes

I will no longer be posting a weekly thread after games. It really is time to pass the baton to someone else who may feel up to taking on the challenge. Last season, there were similar posts to mine and they were good.

Here are my itemized (of course :)) reasons:

1) First and foremost, I think that my time has passed and KNOW that others can do a better job of recapping the game. I want this for TBD.

2) My health is fine, much better than before. No smoking or even drinking since October, and I work out in the gym. That said, as amateurish as the posts were, they really did take time. I want to travel more to see my daughters, grand children, and friends.

3) I want to watch a game without a pen and notebook.

4) I might be coming up for a game this season. It's been a while and I miss it, especially the tailgates.

5) Having seen almost every play of every game for well over 2 decades, I have a bad feeling about this season. It is my opinion that Rex is destroying this team and that Whaley is almost as bad. I don't want to be in constant battles with those who think that this situation is good. There really might not be so many good things to report this year. But, this IS a Bills Fan Site, and I don't want to spend my Sundays bursting bubbles and depressing people I have grown to like SO much over the years I have spent here.

Hey, I will continue to post. This, imo, is the only place for Bills football.

Thanks to the mods & SDS for indulging me.

Thanks so, SO much to each and every one of you for the dialogue. My "thoughts" were not all knowing declarations. They were just thoughts and observations and the intent was to create dialogue. I think that for the most part, it did work.

And most of all, thanks for the support when I was sick. My daughters and I will never forget this. Not ever.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like the right thing to do, nuclear family first, then Bills family. Also, you may find the game watching experience a lot more enjoyable if you put the pen and paper down and just yell at the TV. Something like "Rex, wth are you doing, you F&%cking clown! Rob, wth are you doing, you F&%cking clown!" Enjoy your new Sunday experiences and you FAMILY!

Bill, going to miss your "thoughts". You had a lot of great ones and I looked forward to them each Sunday evening.

But I totally understand your reasons why. Oddly enough, I quit drinking last Oct too. Must have been some weird ju-ju out there or something.

Anyways, take care, God bless, and thanks for all the great posts. RWR

Go Bills!!!

I'm confused. I thought being a Bills fan drove us to drink,not quit. Just kidding, of course.

go find another team to follow

shut up.

I feel a crash and burn coming up too. You seem to take this personally. We'll follow who we want to follow.

Edited by Dopey

Well this is too bad. Among many other reasons, you're one of the few good and reliable posters on this board who keep me coming back. The overall quality of dialogue on this forum has deteriorated sharply, as has the amount of collegiality and, frankly, fun and enjoyment. Some of that is no doubt a result of decades of on-field futility finally getting to people. But some of it, too, is emblematic of today's social media atmosphere, where folks feel entitled to hack out a few garbled lines of half-witted rage on their smartphone while waiting in line at Pinkberry. Not to sound like Old Man Yelling At Cloud, but it's just not as good as it used to be around here, and I wasn't even here for the heyday. You're one of the Few Good Posters Left, and your weekly recap, even if I don't always agree with it, is something that keeps me coming back here. Now, I'll return less often.

Anyhow, best of luck to you Bill and thank you for all of your contributions over the years.

I don't check so frequently in the offseason, except for draft time, which gets later every year. I drop in tonight and see this? Bill, I respect your decision, but one of the few things that made a Bills loss slightly better was your recap. Yes, others have done this, but not in the same way. Well, all things must pass. I just hope the current coaching regime does so sooner than later. I share your pessimism about next season, but will root them on as always. My very best wishes for continued happiness to you and yours.

Joining the Ranks to say your Critiques were a Great Read, Sir!

Always enjoyed the recap and Bills Game Review from a True Bills Fan!

Respect all the reasons to Pass it on Thank You and hope/know you'll make some great family memories this season!

To Greater Success!

Go Bills!

I too have enjoyed your weekly posts, Bill. It was always fun to read your opinions and they always seemed to lighten the mood when other posts seemed to have a negative effect on the board. You are going to be missed on Sundays. Anyway, as I occasionally disagreed with some of your posts, there is one item I will have to refute in this one.....

The Bills defense is not going to crash and burn. Far from it. I'm pretty confident that the defense will bounce back this year. There is simply too much talent for it to be otherwise. Perhaps it is for the best. You will be able to sit back and simply enjoy the game, and I have a hunch that it will be even more than you expected.

Thank you for the time and effort that you put in and I truly hope you make the most of your time spent with family. That is what Sundays are really about anyway.

We love you, man.

To Bill: This is my third post. I've been reading for years. Yours is among the content I anticipated and sought out. I am grateful for your knowledge, insight, graciousness to others, and effort. You're a fun read, too. I celebrate the priorities you've identified. Thank you for all you've given.

Uh, just had this thought, Bill. Would you please consider doing your "Thoughts" post on a part-time, I mean a very part-time, basis?

Pretty much, whenever it fits your mood? That way, A. you're not bothered by trying to write notes during the game every week.

B. Your posts don't have to be right after the game, they can be during the week.

C. The posts could be on just one topic, say, on the coaching, or the offense, the announcing crew..........whatever.

D. They certainly don't have to have 10 or more "thoughts". Just a few "thoughts", or just one main "thought."

Not trying to sound like some spoiled child. Just trying to maybe plant an idea in your head.

At any rate, take care Bill, and, Go Bills!!!

"Lay down by dear brother, lay down and take your rest...."

Thank you for your incredible contributions every game day Bill. We'll all miss you on Sundays, but take care of your health, your family and your mental sanity. Being a diehard Bills fan for over 3 decades sure has messed with mine.....

Uh, just had this thought, Bill. Would you please consider doing your "Thoughts" post on a part-time, I mean a very part-time, basis?

Pretty much, whenever it fits your mood? That way, A. you're not bothered by trying to write notes during the game every week.

B. Your posts don't have to be right after the game, they can be during the week.

C. The posts could be on just one topic, say, on the coaching, or the offense, the announcing crew..........whatever.

D. They certainly don't have to have 10 or more "thoughts". Just a few "thoughts", or just one main "thought."

Not trying to sound like some spoiled child. Just trying to maybe plant an idea in your head.

At any rate, take care Bill, and, Go Bills!!!

Maybe he'll do a season end review in December.

Bill, as i stated before, remember when we were all first married and we surprised our wives every once in a while with a rose, a card, and so on for no reason, just to be thoughtful.

That is my thought with you. Every once in a while when you have the time, surprise us and give a guest spot recap. We'll look for it every week and if we get our fix once every month or two, I'll take it.

The nicest part of this thread Bill is just look how many people, even those who just read and do not post have expressed how much they loved your report card each Sunday night.

Just like the clip from the Wizard of OZ. OZ to the Tin Man, "Just remember my metal friend, it is not how much you love, but how much you are loved by others". Glad your better partner.

All the best.

MGK

I will no longer be posting a weekly thread after games. It really is time to pass the baton to someone else who may feel up to taking on the challenge. Last season, there were similar posts to mine and they were good.

Here are my itemized (of course :)) reasons:

1) First and foremost, I think that my time has passed and KNOW that others can do a better job of recapping the game. I want this for TBD.

2) My health is fine, much better than before. No smoking or even drinking since October, and I work out in the gym. That said, as amateurish as the posts were, they really did take time. I want to travel more to see my daughters, grand children, and friends.

3) I want to watch a game without a pen and notebook.

4) I might be coming up for a game this season. It's been a while and I miss it, especially the tailgates.

5) Having seen almost every play of every game for well over 2 decades, I have a bad feeling about this season. It is my opinion that Rex is destroying this team and that Whaley is almost as bad. I don't want to be in constant battles with those who think that this situation is good. There really might not be so many good things to report this year. But, this IS a Bills Fan Site, and I don't want to spend my Sundays bursting bubbles and depressing people I have grown to like SO much over the years I have spent here.

Hey, I will continue to post. This, imo, is the only place for Bills football.

Thanks to the mods & SDS for indulging me.

Thanks so, SO much to each and every one of you for the dialogue. My "thoughts" were not all knowing declarations. They were just thoughts and observations and the intent was to create dialogue. I think that for the most part, it did work.

And most of all, thanks for the support when I was sick. My daughters and I will never forget this. Not ever.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you're taking good care of yourself Bill...

We should always strive to be in the best shape possible seeing as though The Bills are going to try to kill all of us again this year... ;)

This is sad news, but I'm grateful that I've had the chance to read your work over the years. I can get from my seat in the stadium to my house in about 15 minutes. Too often when I leave the stadium I'm shaking my head asking the question "how did that just happen?" By the time I get home I'm ready for your thread. Your work will be missed.