Who do you want with our first pick in 2nd?

Who do you want with our first pick in 2nd?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want with our first pick in 2nd?

• Cooper DeJean
    • Jer'Zhan Newton
    • Kool-Aid McKinstry
    • Adonai Mitchell
    • Ladd McConkey
    • Keon Coleman
    • Troy Franklin
    • Braden Fiske

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/26/2024 at 11:15 PM

I wish I knew more about the AD Mitchell “character issues”. Purely based on play I think he’d be my choice, but I’d have to know more about the person, so I didn’t vote. 

If that’s a deal killer, then Franklin. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2

Mitchell or Franklin 

• Agree 1

I said Franklin solely because the Bills have done a lot of homework on him and I think he's got a ton of upside without the diabetes or character concerns of Mitchell. 

I wouldn't hate Ladd McConkey either. 

• Agree 4

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

I wish I knew more about the AD Mitchell “character issues”. Purely based on play I think he’d be my choice, but I’d have to know more about the person. 

If that’s a deal killer, then Franklin. 

A Steeler's source before the draft was saying that he didn't take care of his diabetes which would cause him to not pay attention in meetings and not know the game plan or play book.

He also has mentioned about not running routes at full speed and it definitely shows on film where he is a little off on where the ball ended up.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

A Steeler's source before the draft was saying that he didn't take care of his diabetes which would cause him to not pay attention in meetings and not know the game plan or play book.

He also has mentioned about not running routes at full speed and it definitely shows on film where he is a little off on where the ball ended up.

I had heard about needing to control the diabetes. I wonder how closely related the behavior issues are, and how much is it a convenient excuse. If that is “all it is”, I’m a bit less concerned. 

I would trade to 35 with AZ. for pick 71. I'm sure I'd have to throw back a 5th but so be it.

I would take Ladd. Seems like the safe bet and will take more targets than A.D. would. BTW, I'm not worried about the Pat' in front of us.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I had heard about needing to control the diabetes. I wonder how closely related the behavior issues are, and how much is it a convenient excuse. If that is “all it is”, I’m a bit less concerned. 

From my understanding, he doesn't take diabetes seriously.  Kind of in denial one may say.  Changing a mindset like that may be more difficult to deal with.

I went with Troy Franklin... The guy had a majority of workouts with the Bills staff, more than any player on this list. Keon Coleman would be an interesting player also, I remember when the Panthers staff selected Kelvin benjamin who i believe was of the same size and from Florida State so they seem like very similar receivers.

Dejean then trade up for Mitchell, Polk, McConkey or Franklin.

Newton then trade up for Mitchell, Polk, McConkey or Franklin.

keep trading back and take Mitchell, Polk, McConkey or Franklin then trade up for jenkins or Fiske

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Not who you think the Bills will draft, but who do you personally want?

You left a couple OL guys off there who could be in play as well.  

For me...if we make this pick, I would be pretty stoked about any of these 4 players:  DeJean, Mitchell, or McConkey.  I would be happy with Franklin too but I do think with the talent on the board here, we might be able to move back another small move and still get him where as I think DeJean, Mitchell, and McConkey come off the board before Franklin does here near the top of the round.  

If I had to make guess on who they will pick...I think its either Cooper (who they probably didn't expect to be there) and Franklin (who they showed a LOT of interest in leading up to draft).  Beane said he was planning to pick at 32 until Carolina called.  So we know there is someone they want here and willing to take.  But he did say he already got several calls for this pick and expected more today, so will just depend on what types of moves come in.  He definitely doesn't seem willing to move very far from here though if we do trade back as he those options at 28 and turned them down.  Then again, if someone makes him a generous offer anything is possible.

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’m shocked that Mitchell is getting so much support. 

6'3" 210 runs a 4.3/40 - best hands in the draft. can't teach this sh*t.  I think character issues are BS - our trainers will make sure he takes his insulin.  Only real red flag is bad YAC. Might be the route tree they had him run

It was driving me nuts, on who McConkey reminds me of and its Cooper Kupp.  It's the way they run and create separation.  Very similar.  Kupp is 2 inches taller, but he plays smaller while McConkey runs a lot faster 40.

• Agree 3

24 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I said Franklin solely because the Bills have done a lot of homework on him and I think he's got a ton of upside without the diabetes or character concerns of Mitchell. 

I wouldn't hate Ladd McConkey either. 

I agree with this, but I think I'm about even with McConkey or Franklin. Either will work for me.

Heck, even if they take Mitchell, you love the upside. And that would mean they think they can manage the character and health concerns that come with him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I agree with this, but I think I'm about even with McConkey or Franklin. Either will work for me.

Heck, even if they take Mitchell, you love the upside. And that would mean they think they can manage the character and health concerns that come with him.

I will quit my job and become Mitchell's personal glucose checker for a modest fee if you're out there Brandon Beane...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Powers-Johnson.  And there is not a close second choice.  

This team already gave the center position to McGovern, its a done deal.  I'm not drafting a back up center.  That's stupid.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

6'3" 210 runs a 4.3/40 - best hands in the draft. can't teach this sh*t.  I think character issues are BS - our trainers will make sure he takes his insulin.  Only real red flag is bad YAC. Might be the route tree they had him run

Im pretty anti-Mitchell but I’ll say that Texas had lousy QB play so that might contribute to his bad YAC stats. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

This team already gave the center position to McGovern, its a done deal.  I'm not drafting a back up center.  That's stupid.

It’s a thoroughly de-valued position too.  Would be a wasted pick…

Clearly Fisk will be the selection. 

12 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I will quit my job and become Mitchell's personal glucose checker for a modest fee if you're out there Brandon Beane...

Bean might cure diabetes by then.  That's how smart he be. 

• Haha (+1) 1