Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

Is it the Chop Maybin comp? I've never watched Robinson play. He's obviously physically talented. But is he a guy who just sucks at football? What's the deal?

No.  Chop is quick and explosive.   I wouldn't mind him at all.  but id rather a trade down if thats the option.

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

The rule changes are killing defense...

I'm really hating that we are looking at D right now with the falling talent

And yet Baltimore was held to what 10 points at home by the Chiefs. Miami’s offense held to 10 points. Chiefs kicked fg after fg in the Super Bowl. 49ers scored like 20 points in the Super Bowl? 

their is still a place for elite defenses in today’s game. Some say it is because o-line play is at a low.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Agreed! They knew they could get him. Surprised they didn't try to move down a spot or two and still get him

Agreed with everyone that this is the puzzling part, except...all six @Bs went in the top 12 so maybe WE and our draftnik sources were all wrong about QB value in 2024.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You know who made some money tonight?  Spencer Brown.  Right tackles are about to get PAID if this draft is predictive.

It's already started. Right tackle contracts are fast catching up to corner.... it basically goes QB, WR, DL, LT, CB, RT. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

Is it the Chop Maybin comp? I've never watched Robinson play. He's obviously physically talented. But is he a guy who just sucks at football? What's the deal?

I honestly haven't watched him enough to form a real opinion on him personally, I would say he is better than maybin

Watched an interview with him and he seems like a great kid though

Also know McDermotts good friend Manny Diaz loves him 

• Vomit 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Delighted for Latu with everything he has been through. Has been my EDGE1 all the way through the process. That kid can rush the passer. 

He was the only DE I'd have wanted the Bills to draft in R1,  contingent on the medicals.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

Chop has a great first step but doesn't register sacks you'd think he should. Not a Maybin as he can keep weight on. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Didn't like his play. Wasn't an impact guy. He's like the DEs we already have. Just cold oatmeal 

Love the metaphor.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, HappyDays said:

Cousins about to go full Aaron Rodgers.

I mean, it’s bizarre.

I am a big proponent of taking a QB if you think he’s the guy when you can, especially with an older starter, but why sign Kirk at all with this pick?

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

And yet Baltimore was held to what 10 points at home by the Chiefs. Miami’s offense held to 10 points. Chiefs kicked fg after fg in the Super Bowl. 49ers scored like 20 points in the Super Bowl? 

their is still a place for elite defenses in today’s game. Some say it is because o-line play is at a low.

Taking the hip drop tackle out is going to be a big issue

offense offense offense

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Delighted for Latu with everything he has been through. Has been my EDGE1 all the way through the process. That kid can rush the passer. 

I'm glad he's not a Bill, though. With the lack of depth, injury issues are a deal killer, IMO. If we go defense, they need to be sturdy.

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Agreed! They knew they could get him. Surprised they didn't try to move down a spot or two and still get him

Bigger point is, they didn't clue Cousins in at all.  I mean, not that they had to.  How much of his contract is guaranteed, anyway?

1 minute ago, jimmy10 said:

I turned McAfee off when they started doing card tricks. Mystifying AJ Hawk can’t be that hard. 

The College Game Day crew has been my favorite the last 3-4 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Cousins about to go full Aaron Rodgers.

"Never said anything to him or his reps about a QB in 1st round despite suggesting they would"   - wth does that even mean

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Whatever.  Dude has made like a billion dollars for being a mediocre QB and an All Pro businessman.  Zero tears shed.

Yep. Kirk has always played the business part of the game. He can't cry when his team does the same.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

I turned McAfee off when they started doing card tricks. Mystifying AJ Hawk can’t be that hard. 

I bet Josh Allen could mystify him easily  (seriously for those who don't remember, Josh Allen learned to do card and other magic tricks in college)

Just now, BRH said:

Bigger point is, they didn't clue Cousins in at all.  I mean, not that they had to.  How much of his contract is guaranteed, anyway?

$100M

Just now, FireChans said:

I mean, it’s bizarre.

I am a big proponent of taking a QB if you think he’s the guy when you can, especially with an older starter, but why sign Kirk at all with this pick?

Let him sit and learn for two years. Penix has all the physical tools to be successful.