Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

9 minutes ago, Process said:

F U Schefter, the first shocking pick of the draft would have been cool to find out when the commish announced it

Did they tip it on NFL Network too?

I am watching the ABC telecast with the college gameday crew and they did not tip it. I was definitely shocked. 

Just now, muppy said:

every year there are coveted players that we cannot draft. It sucks but it is what it is. Rome Odunze is not only an elite WR be he is a cutie pie too

dratz

every year there are coveted players that we cannot draft. It sucks but it is what it is. Rome Odunze is not only an elite WR be he is a cutie pie too

dratz

Everyone that is upset with Beane...he can't force a trade!  All of the pundits reporting that teams are open for business...don't know jack.  Unless we're talking trades the magnitude of Draft Day!   People, get real.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, bearstobills said:

Why...because they couldn't find a team dumb enough to trade a premium football player for the 28th pick in the draft?

Obviously you didn't get it :thumbsup:

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I am watching the ABC telecast with the college gameday crew and they did not tip it. I was definitely shocked. 

Good to know, I'll switch. Thanks. 

Just now, Bruffalo said:

Moving up 1 spot is so confusing. 

Jet's probably called and said "we have an offer for a team who wants a QB, match it or we trade" and the Vikes panicked to make sure they got their guy

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Glad the Bills won't be forcing their way up now. Maybe they trade up a couple picks, but no crazy splash to the top 10.

Bears are going to be scary though. 2024 version of the Texans.

Scary? Things are looking up but easy on the hyperbole, it is Chicago. Playing in the sorry NFC does help though

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Didn’t Cousins just sign a 4 year deal? Why would would the Falcons waste a top 10 pick on a developmental QB?

It’s kind of like taking a receiving TE with a top 10 pick and then barely using him.

Yeah I’m confused with this pick as well.  Next year they might not have a #1 depending on what happens with the tampering allegation. 

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Same.  i am watching on a military installation on AFN so i dont have any other option and they all seemed genuinely surprised by the pick

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I've never understood trading up one spot

Usually it is because another team is also bidding for that pick and you think they will take your guy.  It is a defensive move to block anothetr team from taking who you want.  I think?

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, UKBillFan said:

The Jets win that trade with the Vikings. They must have threatened a deal with someone else unless the Vikings overpaid.

They didn't get a bunch for it but guess something better than nothing. I'm still wondering what Jets do, I know Bowers been a favorite but do they trust their old OTs protecting their old OT?

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Such a boring draft so far like no excitement 

It's pretty much always like this; I'm keeping most of my attention on the Panthers/Lightning game, but it's easier to read a list of picks tomorrow with your breakfast. 

The draft always promises way more interest that it actually provides.

Just now, Bruffalo said:

Moving up 1 spot is so confusing. 

they are playing chicken with another team that wants the same player.  Vikings moved up 1 to be sure they got who they wanted vs another team getting them.  It's not a 1 to 1 trade.  It's a 1  vs 30 trade.

Well, at this point, I am hoping that the Bills are going to go with my second option in working to trade up from 60 back into the lower 30s and double dip.  Give me Legette and one of the other guys rated in the same area - Mitchell, Worthy, McConkey, etc. While Odunze would have been nice, I truly think Legette could be a very similar player in the long run.  The AJ Brown comparisons for him are real and I now want him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1