Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

Very disappointed that Legette is gone. But I have to hope Beane knows more than me and some Englishman who stays up till 5 am to watch the draft. :)

Seriously, who knows. It may work. And if it backfires, many of us will get what we want: a reset in the front office.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

LOVE Bills fans showing their emotions as Beane adds day two and three value instead of reaching for guys he didn't want. Gotta fill out the roster with talent when your QB makes a billion dollars (and you're overpaying an old DE, unfortunately).

When it comes to offensive play, I defer to KC and Andy Reid. Worthy may have not been good enough for us but he’s good enough for the team that has won 3 Lombardi’s recently and, like I said, knows offense.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

Wow.  Two trades back, both teams pick WRs?  

Colts GM said that they had only 20 guys with first round grades.  Deep draft and the Bills get more picks.  Works for me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

The two guys I had first round grades on that were possibly not the consensus - Legette and Morgan - both went in the first round. Pleased for both those guys. They will be studs.

I suppose at this point it is all aboard the AD Mitchell train. I'll be back in the morning with my debrief. Night all.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Lots of very good WRs left....

If someone told us 2 weeks ago that we'd move back and get a 3rd, high 5th and still be able to draft AD or others...I think many would be happy.  

This immediate reaction is kinda crazy when nobody knows how these guys will play out in the NFL...at least we have better draft picks to hit on tomorrow

• Like (+1) 1

What is wrong with you guys? These are EXCELLENT moves. We gained a pick and moved up a round with another and all we ‘gave up’ was moving back a few places when McBeane already KNOW the guy they wanted all along. This is exactly how you take advantage of other teams on Draft night. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Everybody talks about "stockpiling", but we're not.  We did not gain any picks in the two trade downs.  We just moved up in the later rounds.  Big *****in' whoop.  Any trade up in the first round should land you an extra pick.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

why did we move down one spot?  did we trade spots in a diff round?  Why would we give up a 5th round option?  Why would Charlotte want it so much.  

because if he’s “the guy” you pay him by year 4. If he’s not the guy you don’t.

• Like (+1) 2

I'll put it this way: if you told me going in tonight that the Bills got a 3rd and 5th rounder to go to pick 33, with their choice of Franklin, McConkey and Mitchell, all of whom I would have been fine with at 28, I'd say Beane is working the draft just fine

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Our first round was essentially trading a 4th for a 3rd and 6th for a 5th. We now have two seconds and third? Will be interesting if we end up taking three players in the second tomorrow by trading up into the 2nd with our stock pile of picks. That may be a success if we can end up with DeJean and two WR's in the 2nd round. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nitro said:

The trading down, deep draft, will help Beane stock the roster and still get a good WR at the top of the second round.   Mitchell should be the selection.  

Nah Beane will fill the roster with a bunch of role players and no stars.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

He's just moving back while moving up in picks as well. The funny thing is 33 is a very valuable pick and I could see Buffalo going back again.

That was my first thought. I think we can get more value for 33 tomorrow than either pick today. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'll put it this way: if you told me going in tonight that the Bills got a 3rd and 5th rounder to go to pick 33, with their choice of Franklin, McConkey and Mitchell, all of whom I would have been fine with at 28, I'd say Beane is working the draft just fine

100%  agree

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I love the guy that acts like he's better than everyone that's pissed we traded to the enemy. 

Yup completely what I'm doing - I'm sooo much better than you -

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

Colts GM said that they had only 20 guys with first round grades.  Deep draft and the Bills get more picks.  Works for me.

Did they really need another 5th to move back one spot and take the same player anyway? 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

The two guys I had first round grades on that were possibly not the consensus - Legette and Morgan - both went in the first round. Pleased for both those guys. They will be studs.

I suppose at this point it is all aboard the AD Mitchell train. I'll be back in the morning with my debrief. Night all.

well clearly you think the Bills blew it then by trading out of drafting a stud?  

I'm not sold on Legette, I do like Morgan.  

11 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

honest answer, I don’t trade with kc there without a premium 

are you ok if mahomes throws to worthy to beat us in the playoffs next year?

Of course I’d be upset, but not at Beane trading back.  I’d be pissed if we drafted worthy to only have him get injured right away, or turns out he can’t catch the ball

if the chiefs maximize the ability of him, so be it.  This isn’t us trading the first overall pick.

you can’t be “scared” as an NFL gm.  Beane has someone in mind for our pick, and he obviously knows he will get him

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1