Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

The trading down, deep draft, will help Beane stock the roster and still get a good WR at the top of the second round.   Mitchell should be the selection.  

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Watkins90 said:

These draft experts are idiots. I'm pretty sure we didn't get any more draft picks, we just moved up further. 

why did we move down one spot?  did we trade spots in a diff round?  Why would we give up a 5th round option?  Why would Charlotte want it so much.  

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

LOVE Bills fans showing their emotions as Beane adds day two and three value instead of reaching for guys he didn't want. Gotta fill out the roster with talent when your QB makes a billion dollars (and you're overpaying an old DE, unfortunately).

It'd be nice to give the QB some help. Like the Chiefs have (again).

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m fine stockpiling.  He’ll use them to move back up in rounds 2 and 3 most likely.  But the Chiefs trade is just killing me.  Mostly because it shows that my biggest fear is warranted: there is no serious owner running this franchise.  It’s autopilot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, gordong said:

Well Im out...  Think the bills dont even pick tonight now.

WyoAZBillfan, Buffalo Boy and Billznut

well well... called this two hours ago! 

Just now, Nitro said:

The trading down, deep draft, will help Beane stock the roster and still get a good WR at the top of the second round.   Mitchell should be the selection.  

Then take him at 32 on a 5 year deal

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I don't understand why we had to give KC a 4th?

That is what makes it suck,  why did not gain an extra pick just move into the 3rd round.  Real disappointing draft,  feels like the night Beanne passed on receivers Brown and Metcalf

I just realize we didn’t gain a 3rd from KC.

We also had to give them a 4th.

So we essentially moved up half a round in exchange for giving them the WR they wanted.

Unreal.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

I don't even know what to think here......

They traded down twice, once with your biggest rival.  Then, the second team you trade down with takes the guy I really wanted.  I honestly don't know what the heck we're doing.  The only thing I can think of is that we are going to be trading for an established WR and we are accumulating assets to do so.  It's the only thing that makes some sort of sense.

• Haha (+1) 1

Fair or not bills and falcons will see the most as loser of the night. Falcons with biggest head scratcher omg. Bills trade back twice with biggest need WR being selected both times. One of teams being the one that ends their season 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, RyanC883 said:

why did we move down one spot?  did we trade spots in a diff round?  Why would we give up a 5th round option?  Why would Charlotte want it so much.  

Panthers were scared we might take their guy since we infamously want a wr so they threw us a 5th round upgrade.  

3 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Damn, had no idea man lol. My condolences.

I honestly feel out of all the relocations in major sports over the last few decades that no one deserves it less than A's fans. A sad situation

The city of Oakland was willing to contribute over $500 Million towards a new stadium. They wanted the A's to chip in about $50 million. Nope. We're going to Las Vegas for a Australian Opera House copy. I have my "sell" shirt. Thinking about getting my "sell" flag.