Zach Wilson to Broncos

Great move for Denver.

Any time you can make a move that both worsens one of your draft pick positions AND worsens your QB depth chart, you've just gotta do it. 

Broncos country, let's ride!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 15

Yeah I don't think he is the answer, but they should punt on the QB in the first round this year. They will not be able to jump the Vikings so they should trade down for an extra 1 next year like the Bills did in 17. They have very little capital. 

• Agree 4

Hmmmmm...this is interesting.  There is buzz the Broncos like Bo Nix, but by no means were they a lock to take him at 12.  I wonder if they just take the BPA at 12 or trade back to get more draft capital that they need.  And if they still wanted Nix after trading back he will very likely still be there as I think they are the biggest threat to take him round 1.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Hmmmmm...this is interesting.  There is buzz the Broncos like Bo Nix, but by no means were they a lock to take him at 12.  I wonder if they just take the BPA at 12 and try and see what Sean can do with Wilson this year and worst case they likely end up with a high pick next year to get a QB or maybe get lucky and Nix slides to them in the 2nd.  

Eh for a late pick they get a former 1st round pick to be at worst a bridge for whoever they pick.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Hmmmmm...this is interesting.  There is buzz the Broncos like Bo Nix, but by no means were they a lock to take him at 12.  I wonder if they just take the BPA at 12 and try and see what Sean can do with Wilson this year and worst case they likely end up with a high pick next year to get a QB or maybe get lucky and Nix slides to them in the 2nd.  

The goal for Denver should be trade back and accrue 2025 picks to get a QB next year. Whether they do that is anyone’s guess but that’s what I’d do 

• Agree 4

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I would have taken him as a backup over Trubisky. 

Saw flashes him in (backup flashes - not starter).

I don't know man.  Trubisky is no prize but Wilson is pretty rough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

Will the Jets draft a qb?

Probably not this year. They are all in with Rodgers with Taylor as the backup for 2024. They will have to draft a QB soon. Rodgers isn't a long-term solution.

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Hmmmmm...this is interesting.  There is buzz the Broncos like Bo Nix, but by no means were they a lock to take him at 12.  I wonder if they just take the BPA at 12 or trade back to get more draft capital that they need.  And if they still wanted Nix after trading back he will very likely still be there as I think they are the biggest threat to take him round 1.  

Taking Nix at 12 would have gotten that group fired within 2 years. I never believed any of the first round talk for him whatsoever 

More likely to see him go in round 2

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I don't know man.  Trubisky is no prize but Wilson is pretty rough.

Trubisky, in my opinion, is among the worst backups in the NFL. I truly believe that he is simply awful and I have zero confidence in the Bills winning a game with him ever needing to play more than a dozen or so snaps.

- The Steelers were 7-3 when Pickett started and finished the game last season. He had wins over playoff teams such as Baltimore, Cleveland and the Rams. He threw for over 200 yards in 60% of his games.

- They were 0-3 with Trubisky starting. All of those losses came against non-playoff teams. He threw for over 200 yards in 0% of his games.

I really wish he was not on the roster.

Zach Wilson on the other hand is not great, but I truly think he has potential as a backup. Heck, he's beaten us twice.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 6

I am surprised JD didn't get fired for this. Missing on a QB with the #2 pick is a fire able offense. It set them back years which is good for us. They still have a QB problem. Rodgers will be 41 this year coming off a serious injury. Tyrod Taylor is a decent backup, but he isn't a long-term answer either.

Edited by Gregg

3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Happy for Wilson. He needed to get the hell out of NJ. Wilson isn't a good QB, but that organization did him no favors and constantly undermined him at every opportunity. Salah should get fired for the gross mismanagement of his first draft pick.

Don't worry, Saleh isn't going to make his way past Black Monday this coming season.  He's as done and cooked as any coach could be

• Agree 1

They somehow acquired the only Wilson worse than the Wilson they started last year.

Worse Wilson Blues.

Between this and the new jerseys, a pretty rough day for Broncos country...

• Haha (+1) 2

Wilson went #2 overall for a reason. I didn't like him as a prospect and was happy the Jets took him, but the guy has the tools. It will be interesting to see if Sean Payton can get something out of him...at least now that he's out of the division.

20 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Happy for Wilson. He needed to get the hell out of NJ. Wilson isn't a good QB, but that organization did him no favors and constantly undermined him at every opportunity. Salah should get fired for the gross mismanagement of his first draft pick.

Never seen a player drafted that high treated in such a way ever by an organization. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Probably not this year. They are all in with Rodgers with Taylor as the backup for 2024. They will have to draft a QB soon. Rodgers isn't a long-term solution.

Most likely the Jets will draft a qb next year after the head coach and General Manager get fired at the end of this season.

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

lol.

And if the Broncos pair this with drafting Bo Nix, they will officially set their franchise back 4-5 years.

The curse of John Elway and not taking Josh in 2018. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Why shouldn't Wilson get fired? He sucks and for all we know he's a huge ***** *****.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

Will the Jets draft a qb?

I've gotta be honest. Love the move. For both Wilson and the Broncos.

For Wilson: He lands somewhere with an offensive minded coach. Nothing on the depth chart at the position. The best OL he's ever had in front of him. He's got a chance to start early and often and rebuild his name.

For Denver: It's the lowest of the low risk swings on a guy that was recently the #2 pick of the draft. It gives them a year to see if Wilson was just let down by an awful Jets Coaching staff or lack of ability to develop. And if he doesn't, say hello to a top 3-5 pick and a QB next year. 

I've said all off season the Denver would not be going QB at 12 and their QB of the future is in the 2025 draft. While having Wilson on board doesn't eliminate them from taking one of somehow Maye or Daniels falls...it means they don't have to reach in a Nix or Penix, one of which (if not both) will likely be on the board late 1st to mid 2nd.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I've gotta be honest. Love the move. For both Wilson and the Broncos.

For Wilson: He lands somewhere with an offensive minded coach. Nothing on the depth chart at the position. The best OL he's ever had in front of him. He's got a chance to start early and often and rebuild his name.

For Denver: It's the lowest of the low risk swings on a guy that was recently the #2 pick of the draft. It gives them a year to see if Wilson was just let down by an awful Jets Coaching staff or lack of ability to develop. And if he doesn't, say hello to a top 3-5 pick and a QB next year. 

I've said all off season the Denver would not be going QB at 12 and their QB of the future is in the 2025 draft. While having Wilson on board doesn't eliminate them from taking one of somehow Maye or Daniels falls...it means they don't have to reach in a Nix or Penix, one of which (if not both) will likely be on the board late 1st to mid 2nd.

Yeah I mean if there is a place where Wilson has a chance to make it it’s with Payton competing with Stidham. And Wison is still more interesting than that next crop of quarterbacks. 

He needs to grow a beard or something. A little re-birth. 

• Like (+1) 1