We are set at WR. Maybe we’ll grab one in Round 6.

8 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

My point exactly!! 👍

Um...unclear on the point.  We don't have Kelce.  As a TE, he's a unicorn.

We hope Kincaid will be utilized and develop to Sam LaPorta/TJ Hockenson levels, but Kelce or Kittle would be a big Stretch Goal.

So I think we better draft a WR

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Um...unclear on the point.  We don't have Kelce.  As a TE, he's a unicorn.

We hope Kincaid will be utilized and develop to Sam LaPorta/TJ Hockenson levels, but Kelce or Kittle would be a big Stretch Goal.

So I think we better draft a WR

The post I was responding to stated our WR ROOM doesn't look like a Lombardi hoisting group. Neither did KC's WR room last season.

Kelce is a unicorn, but he is a TE. 

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I’m not sure you pay close attention to the outskirts of the roster.  We have KJ Hamilton who never really got a fair shot in Denver.

But I do.  I like Hamler a lot and had high hopes for him in Denver. 

Based on what we've seen from him so far, I can't bring myself to expect more until I see it.  Harty has been more productive in his career and the Bills didn't do anything with him.  

2 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

The Bills are the closest thing to the Chiefs in the entire NFL and the salt from the losses is clouding your judgement. 

They've barely squeaked past us the last two playoff matchups. If the Bills were in the NFC it would be a Bills v. Chiefs Superbowl 3 out of the last 4 years.

I can't bring myself to revel in moral victories and what ifs.   

The Chiefs beat the Bills both times, have won back to back Super Bowls.  Meanwhile, the Bills have yet to reach the Conference Championship.  

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

I can't bring myself to revel in moral victories and what ifs.   

The Chiefs beat the Bills both times, have won back to back Super Bowls.  Meanwhile, the Bills have yet to reach the Conference Championship.  

Saying that the Bills are the closest team to the Chiefs isn't claiming a moral victory, it's just the reality. 

Nobody is reveling in anything, at least I'm not. 

13 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Stef might be gone in 2025, and if he isn't there's no way he's still a number one for two more seasons. We need cheap but highly skilled labour at the position and as much as I like the Samuel signing he won't be the number 1 in two years.

I'm of the opinion that Stef and Von are both gone next season.  One will be a June 1st cut to spread out some of the dead money.

Von has zero trade value but Stef's $17M cap hit ($0 dead money) for a team trading for him is a possibility.  Possibly a 4th or 5th.

If he can't get a trade, he could reverse who is the June 1st cut.

Diggs cap savings if PRE-June 1st is $5M.  That pays a lot of Samuel's cap hit and with a cost-controlled rookie WR (1st or 2nd) the WR

room is set for 2025 and 2026.

No way Beane is paying $50M for Diggs and Miller to play in 2025. 

Beane has to see it this way and that's why he won't wait until the 4th round for a WR IMO.

These 2 moves get him out of the cap problems he faced this March.  He already got 1/3 of the way there with White and Morse. 

The 2 options are (cap $ rounded)

Diggs traded and Miller (June 1st):

2025 Dead:  $29M

2026 Dead:  $9M

Miller cut and Diggs (June 1st):

2025 Dead:  $24M

2026 Dead:  $13.4M

Edited by ColoradoBills

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The 2 options are (cap $ rounded)

Diggs traded and Miller (June 1st):

2025 Dead:  $29M

2026 Dead:  $9M

Miller cut and Diggs June 1st:

2025 Dead:  $24M

2026 Dead:  $13.4M

2026 Dead:

Sorry, I'm not reading this properly and a bit confused... (it doesn't take much)

16 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Diggs, Shakir, Hollins, Samuel, Shorter…even Kincaid (WR/TE). Nice WR room.

Face it…we need an interior O lineman or a safety.

Deal with it.  

I gave you an Angry Face emoji, not because your post makes me angry (I actually kinda agree).

But because now you got the Full House! Very few posts get at least one of EVERY emoji! Congrats!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I gave you an Angry Face emoji, not because your post makes me angry (I actually kinda agree).

But because now you got the Full House! Very few posts get at least one of EVERY emoji! Congrats!

I call these rare threads " Rainbow brights" it's the full spectrum amigo 🙂

lol

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Sorry, I'm not reading this properly and a bit confused... (it doesn't take much)

No big thing.  More me just seeing how the dead cap gets spaced out.

The thing is, I agree that Beane should get the WR early in the draft because Diggs won't be on the team for much longer IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

Will all due respect, Hill has a career average of 14.1 yards.  A true deep threat.  Samuel has a career average of 10.7 yards.  Much more in line with what you see out of a 'possession receiver'.  They are no where close to being the same player.  

I don't think anybody can be compared to Hill but the stats you presented may reflect the fact that He's been catching passes from Mahomes for most of his career. I would like to see us draft the monster from Texas DT Sweat if possible, in the first and then move up in the 2nd to grab from the deep receiver class. That being said. It would be pretty tough to pass on some of these wideouts in the first. ..... Conclusion? .... Beats the hell outta me!

24 minutes ago, JoshAllin said:

The WR's does look stacked with Dalton in the mix. Getting a 1st round WR would only make sense if they plan on keeping him sidelined and developing him but that seems like a waste

WRs get dinged up all the time. Wouldnt be surprised if Diggs and/or Samuel miss time. Good to have the high talent rookie around to fill in instead of having to rely on Hollins (and like we did with Sherfield last year).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I call it “a Gugny”. Very rare. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We still need another receiver in the draft because besides Diggs, Samuel and Shakir are 3s and there are difference making 2s in the first 2 rounds. I know we need a secondary and a defensive tackle but with great weapons Josh will win a boatload of games just with offense.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Speaking of Lombardi Trophy - Would you say the Chief’s WR room was stellar last year? The answer is NO

Fergy, this is a fair point.   

But when you throw in Kelce, Mahomes had good targets to throw to.  And even if KC's wideouts weren't all-stars, Reid knew how to scheme them open.  

The more important point is that you can't fill up a roster with jags and expect to win the Super Bowl.   A GM ought to aim for SB quality in every position group.  And then settle for what he can actually afford.  But too much settling leads to mediocrity.  

To get your money's worth out of an expensive and supremely talented QB like Josh, I think you need to give him a couple of Pro Bowl level targets and a good bodyguard/OL and economize at RB.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/14/2024 at 8:31 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Deal with it.  

Please please put down the peace pipe 😉 

On 3/14/2024 at 9:44 PM, 4merper4mer said:

You forgot Hamilton.

image.png.28ca1b9380b4c4cb0473c282fbcac82f.png

This is who I think of then.  

Maybe you meant Hamler.

image.png.848913e19ee00e0cbe5485c7bfedbb8a.png

On 3/14/2024 at 10:04 PM, BringBackFergy said:

After your 500 word essay, I submit five words: “Kansas City Chiefs. Super Bowl Champions”

If your word counting ability is consistent,  I'd say you underestimated @Logic's essay by 100 words.  

Deal with it.  

I don’t think the WR room is done, we need the same thing now as we did last year.  A take the top off WR.  I also believe the Safety market in free agency is cheap.  If we make one more signing, I think it’s a safety.  
There won’t be a safety that falls to 28 or is worthy of 28…it’s no man land.  
I do think DT is a priority, but sadly this draft isn't the best for what we need.  Not having that 3rd round comp is BS. 

We need a few things, but I’m going offense in first round, we’ve tried the defense approach in the early rounds, and they never show up in big games. Let your best player try and win one , give Allen a loaded offense, because believe me KC will be way better this year. 

6th is late but I could see them picking one outside of the top 60.  With Samuel would Baker or Rice fill the need of a “X”.  Its possible they go that route.  D line and interior O line with the first 2 picks.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It will be WR, Edge or DT at 28 ,60 & 127 If we don't package a bunch of 5th & 6th rounders to try and get into the 3rd round.  If we do that I think they get a Center in the 3rd.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 2

Rousseau, Von, AJ, Kingsley....[Shaq + rookie] at EDGE. Just guessing Shaq comes back.

For the rookie, I'm wary of drafting any of these Defensive Ends with our premium picks...

Edited by NickelCity

No. We need a WR1, not a WR2. Diggs has 1 foot out the door. Wether it's dissatisfaction or age that gets him, now is the time to ensure that Josh has an elite #1. We're going to try to draft that guy and he may need time to get ready for his new role.

I still like Samuel and I like this signing. I wanted us to sign him a couple years ago. If our WR group gets hit by injuries, we're going to be glad we signed him.

• Like (+1) 1

I think we Draft WR at round 2. Because there will be so many players moved up to us in round 1, we just might bite at.. EXAMPLES.. 

Jackson Powers C.. could slip

Barton G. Started in the teens a month ago and has worked his way up near us already

Fuaga OT. could easy slip to us

Cooper DeJean S

I think we need to wrap our heads around the fact that any one of these players would immediately impact this team!. 

All set as far as round 1 is concerned? yea maybe... but then round 2 our WR pick better be a slam dunk.

Keep in mind last year the top 4 WR went before us.. We could see 5-6 go before our pick this year. 

We need to be realistic about round 1.. but saying we are done at the WR position and saying we wont draft a WR inside the first 2 rounds... Hard Sell....

• Like (+1) 1

Deal with it.  

How ridiculous. You should just ignore Hollins and Shorter. So right now it's Diggs, Samuel, Shakir. What about the future? And what if someone gets injured? They absolutely need a blue chip rookie added to this room.

• Dislike 1

19 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

To get your money's worth out of an expensive and supremely talented QB like Josh, I think you need to give him a couple of Pro Bowl level targets and a good bodyguard/OL and economize at RB.  

This is the most ideal situation. But realistically with a talented and EXPENSIVE qb like Allen counting against the cap you’re gonna have to make do with alot of jag type FA WR’s and hope to hit on rookies while they’re cheap. It’s better to pay premium for OL to protect Allen. This is exactly what KC is doing with Mahomes. No reason why Bills can’t do the same. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1