We are set at WR. Maybe we’ll grab one in Round 6.

15 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Trolling 101.

We don't need OL. Chop at DE maybe and that's IF we trade up big time in the 2nd for WR

Or we can trade out of the 1st into the top of the 2nd and get an additional third and still get your 2nd WR and a safety with the 3rd. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Dan in Owego said:

Hypothetical let's say we are stuck at 28 can't find a way up or down. Due to a run on QB and WR an OT like Taliese Fuga falls to our spot, Chop Robinson is also there as well, who do you pick?

I would take Fuaga put him at Guard which a lot of people think he’s going to be and move Edwards back to 6th man. 

I do think a sneaky late round need is a blocking TE. Could see them take one in round 5 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Diggs, Shakir, Hollins, Samuel, Shorter…even Kincaid (WR/TE). Nice WR room.

Face it…we need an interior O lineman or a safety.

Deal with it.  

It’s an unpopular opinion, but I challenge anyone on here to take a gander at the active roster and find a position on defense other than LB (and only because we’re base nickel) that isn’t woefully thin. 
https://www.buffalobills.com/team/players-roster/

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This definitely gives them more flexibility in the draft. However, you don't believe we'll need another #1 when Diggs is gone..? That could be sooner than we might think..

Draft a guy now in this deeply talented WR group and he might be able to step up in a year or two..

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I would take Fuaga put him at Guard which a lot of people think he’s going to be and move Edwards back to 6th man. 

I do think a sneaky late round need is a blocking TE. Could see them take one in round 5 

Could kick out to RT if we can't tie up Spencer, meantime he could be a kick ass guard.

37 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Deal with it.  

Who stretches the field?  The slow old tall guy or the new underneath guy who isn’t as good as the slot guy we already have or the No.1 guy who could stretch the field last year?

Shorter won’t even make the team, I’d put money on it. 

In the modern NFL you can never have too many premium receivers. It’s the 2nd or 3rd most important position on the team.

They should go all offense in the draft, I’d rather surround Allen with big talent potential then waste picks on D Line rotations and bend don’t break mentality.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Deal with it.  

Great suggestion!  It was a smart move to pass on Mahomes and draft a cornerback. We also should not have drafted Josh Allen if there was a good safety available. Actually I'm kinda surprised this didn't happen. 

I sure do pine for the Levy/Jauron days. With McDermott, there is perhaps some chance that he won't take a first round safety. :( Is Jauron still available? 👍

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Shorter won’t even make the team, I’d put money on it. 

In the modern NFL you can never have too many premium receivers. It’s the 2nd or 3rd most important position on the team.

They should go all offense in the draft, I’d rather surround Allen with big talent potential then waste picks on D Line rotations and bend don’t break mentality.

In all seriousness , take a look at the active roster, and then tell me if you still think they “should go all offense.”

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

In all seriousness , take a look at the active roster, and then tell me if you still think they “should go all offense.”

OK.....Done, and of course they should!!!

Will they? They actually might not but they completely should.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

OK.....Done, and of course they should!!!

Will they? They actually might not but they completely should.

I don’t often disagree with you, but I sure do here. 

if you look at the Bills current roster— and I’ll say including reserve/future— at what positions would you say the Bills are thin?

To my eye:

Offense:

QB, excellent 

OL, adequate 

WR, thin(ish)

RB, adequate 

TE, deep

Defense:

DT, thin

DE, thin

LB, adequate(ish)

S, thin

CB, thin

And where were the majority of our injuries last season? We ignore defensive depth at our peril. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Deal with it.  

You forgot Hamilton.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I respectfully buy vehemently disagree. Two reasons.

The first reason is that when building a team, you look beyond the coming season. You look at the following season, as well.

In 2025, Diggs will be 32 years old, Samuel will be 29, and Shakir will be in a contract year. No one beyond those three is worth discussing (Shorter unproven, Hollins on one year deal, etc).

So the first reason the Bills need another receiver or two is because they need to set themselves up for the long term and start breaking in a stud who can take over as the alpha in the room for Diggs in the next year or two.

The second reason the Bills need another receiver is that Stefon Diggs plays Z, and Shakir and Samuel play the slot. The only X receivers we have on the roster right now are Hollins, Shorter, and Shavers, and I'm not counting on ANY of those guys being viable starting X receivers in 2024 and beyond.

So for both short term planning (the Bills need a starting X receiver) and long term planning (the Bills need young receiver talent in the pipeline), the Bills need to spend premium capital on a wide receiver THIS YEAR. It's not a want, it's a need.

Now...the signings of Samuel and Hollins make it so that it's not a SCREAMING need that you absolutely HAVE To spend a 1st round pick on. But me personally? I'm not waiting any later than the 2nd round. I'd prefer a 1st rounder and a 4th rounder, but I'd settle for a 2nd and a 5th, something like that. Make no mistake about it, the Bills need -- and I'm almost certain WILL be spending a high pick on -- a wide receiver.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1