Do we make a play for Chris Jones?

Einstein

The real Super Bowl MVP was Chris Jones. Not Mahomes.

He is also an unrestricted free agent, and the Chiefs refused to give him a long term deal next season.

It would take a lot of moving money around, but do you make a play for the game changing stud?

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 6

We don't have the cap necessary to do something like that.  Yes, the cap isn't real in many cases, but it would be super tough.

But you're right......he was absolutely the Chiefs best player tonight and it wasn't particularly close.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He is also an unrestricted free agent, and the Chiefs refused to give him a long term deal next season.

It would take a lot of moving money around, but do you make a play for the game changing stud?

McDuffie or Jones. Glory goes to the QB 99.9% though. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Agree 1

He is a game wrecker. But he plays the same position as the guy who is already by far our best player up front.

We had our swing at a older closer on defense with Von. It sadly hasn't worked because of injury. 

And Jones will stay in KC IMO.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He is a game wrecker. But he plays the same position as the guy who is already by far our best player up front.

We had our swing at a older closer on defense with Von. It sadly hasn't worked because of injury. 

I think they move on from him.

If they were willing to go long term, they lock him up last year before they lost all their leverage. He held out for a long deal and they refused.

Just my opinion.

6 minutes ago, BBFL said:

McDuffie or Jones. Glory goes to the QB 99.9% though. 

Yeah.

Mahomes was his normal good self. But he didn’t win the game. I didn’t even see a single spectacular throw.

It was the Jones and McDuffie show.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Einstein said:

If they were willing to go long term, they lock him up last year before they lost all their leverage. He held out for a long deal and they refused.

Just my opinion.

I wish. I think they are going to lock

him up. He is a guy you have to pay.

• Agree 1

Just now, Einstein said:

Just my opinion.

I think that might be true, with the need to find offensive weapons and some interviews I remember seeing from him it did sound like he was ready to move on.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Just my opinion.

They have 23m in cap space without touching Pat's deal again and the ability to use the tag. I am pretty sure Jones will be a Chief in 2024. I think it is more likely they move on from Kelce than Jones.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Einstein said:

lol no. Been skipping some Mensa meetings? 

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We absolutely will not do it and this is in no way me thinking we will but jones is def a Swiss Army knife that can line up anywhere 

Loading up on defense doesn’t work because they still play under McD. It will never be good enough. We have like 30 pass rushers and none of them are good under McD.

Its time for offense.

Edited by Governor
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, sven233 said:

We don't have the cap necessary to do something like that.  Yes, the cap isn't real in many cases, but it would be super tough.

But you're right......he was absolutely the Chiefs best player tonight and it wasn't particularly close.

Get Goodell to suspend Von and we can talk.

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, no matter who won tonight's game, the MVP should've come from the defensive side.

The NFL is contractually obligated to give Patty the award every year.  It's in his State Farm agreement. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

We absolutely will not do it and this is in no way me thinking we will but jones is def a Swiss Army knife that can line up anywhere 

Sure. On a down by down basis. But the Chiefs tried making him a full time end two years ago and that experiment failed.

8 hours ago, Einstein said:

Why not? I know about the cap situation bit Beane has proven he knows how to manipulate the cap. 

1 minute ago, Westside said:

Why not? I know about the cap situation bit Beane has proven he knows how to manipulate the cap. 

I would trade Oliver and sign Jones if it is possible. Get a few draft picks for Oliver and sign Jones to a three year contract. It can be done if they wanted to I believe.

I’m having a hard time feeling bad about the cap situation because all the money they make is more important than winning championships. If I really wanted to win I would do exactly what Brady did. Take less money so they can sign the players needed to win. 
How many millions do they need?

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They have 23m in cap space without touching Pat's deal again and the ability to use the tag. I am pretty sure Jones will be a Chief in 2024. I think it is more likely they move on from Kelce than Jones.

Can we please stop calling that evil man who helps to crush our Lombardi dreams on yearly basis "Pat"?

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, no matter who won tonight's game, the MVP should've come from the defensive side.

If KC had put a QB on the field who was equivalent to Purdy, then SF would’ve easily walked away with the win. Mahomes was the difference between a not very close loss and a very close win. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.