Doug Marrone out as Saints OL Coach

51 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Hope he saved his money from that change of ownership out he took in his contract from us. Thrilled he did it. Astonished the arrogant pr-ck really thought he was going to be a hot HC candidate. 

I wonder if Belichick had been taking advice from him this off season?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BCAS Baritone said:

The personality transplant must not have taken hold.  Same old 'Sullen Doug'? 🤔

With any of a number of teams clamouring for Gregg Williams, not a bright move.  Marrone will end up on the graveyard shift at his local 7-Eleven.

Maybe go give Quinn a hand in D.C.?  A 'yes man' for Hackett and the Jets?

(🎵Dug dug Dougie and the Jets...🎶)

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

Wow. Coach Saban also showed him the door at Alabama 2 years ago, firing him as OL Coach.. 

Iirc he ws hired by russ Brandon, his butt buddy from Syracuse. I never thought of him as a very good coach but I suppose that in those years no coach really stood a chance.

15 minutes ago, shane nelson said:

Never liked him from his first press conference, seemed like a complete empty suit.  While I dont like to see people fail, Doug is the exception.  I guess he had Doug is own whole to lay in

Yeah, he has made millions of dollars, so I don't feel bad about rooting against him. He had plenty of success to be comfortable forever.

19 hours ago, MJS said:

One of my least favorite Bills coaches of all time.

There have been several Bills coaches that I thought were bad coaches, including Marrone. But I never disliked the man. I dislike Marrone. The only other Head Coach I really disliked as a man was Mularkey. I have no use for Dickerson either, but he wasn't a head coach.

Definitely my least favorite bills coach.

I do have to chuckle that it was a big deal the Bills might draft Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse. I recall a lot of people calling for the bills to draft him. 

Love having a QB1 like we do now.  Will forever be the guy all future Bills QB’s will be measured by.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Chas56 said:

There have been several Bills coaches that I thought were bad coaches, including Marrone. But I never disliked the man. I dislike Marrone. The only other Head Coach I really disliked as a man was Mularkey. I have no use for Dickerson either, but he wasn't a head coach.

I dislike Marrone and I dislike Greg Williams. I can't stand either of them.

On 2/4/2024 at 5:30 PM, Chas56 said:

what about Gregg Williams.   Super unlikable person & a very bad head coach

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

what about Gregg Williams.   Super unlikable person & a very bad head coach

I have to agree on Gregg.   I would put Marrone 3rd on the list of least likeable coaches: (1) Gregg Williams  (2) Rex Ryan   (3)  Doug Marrone  (4) Mike Mularkey.    I would also add Tom Donahoe as least likeable GM.

Edited by Billy Claude

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.