Butkowski Report: Slidegate

JGMcD2

23 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I don’t look at them as fake slides. He’s just freakishly athletic 

Its.  Sarcasm.

25 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Comprehensive overview of Josh Allen’s numerous sliding infractions. 

@Zerovoltz What’s your take? My personal favorite is the fake slide short of the sticks on 4th and 1 vs New England. Comes up at the 6 second mark. Also love the one at the 1:29 mark, the fake slide there has Kiko Alonso all turned around. 

I think the pump fake should be a 15 yard penalty

====>sarcasm<=====

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Its.  Sarcasm.

I think the pump fake should be a 15 yard penalty

====>sarcasm<=====

Not even joking, there are people that are complaining about the "QB slide" rule (which applies to everyone) regarding his runs.  Even to the point of saying he should be fined for fake sliding.

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I don’t look at them as fake slides. He’s just freakishly athletic 

I agree. Not one is a fake slide. This is bs narrative needs to stop. He's making a juke on damn near every one. So damn ridiculous to claim he's fake sliding. 

Just now, jaybills said:

I agree. Not one is a fake slide. This is bs narrative needs to stop. He's making a juke on damn near every one. So damn ridiculous to claim he's fake sliding. 

Gotcha...thought you were serious. You got me, my guy. 

54 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

@Zerovoltz What’s your take? My personal favorite is the fake slide short of the sticks on 4th and 1 vs New England. Comes up at the 6 second mark. Also love the one at the 1:29 mark, the fake slide there has Kiko Alonso all turned around. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, Freddie&#x27;s Dead said:

Josh Allen is nothing but a cheatin', fake slidin' bastard.

And over commercialized…, I don’t know how much more we fans can take, you just know New England is gonna get comp picks outta this…, 

• Haha (+1) 2

Fake Slide Guy had one of the dumbest, most moronic hot takes I have ever seen here in over 20 years.  And to put it out there moments after a big Bills playoff win was the definition of a troll.  But I digress, the video evidence is clear, and Josh could use a little work on his sliding technique🤣

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Excellent!

#ZeroIQ

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

I like how he did the exact same thing against the Steelers of all teams and they didn’t say a word that time 😂

they could’ve done the infinitely less stupid thing and said there was a questionable hold or two on that play from monday but alas…lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

And over commercialized…, I don’t know how much more we fans can take, you just know New England is gonna get comp picks outta this…, 

Exactly! How do they expect me to buy my next vehicle from West Herr living halfway across the country?? 
giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952uk5neujo17vjzls6z1

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

He should be fined ($15K) for every one of those!

6 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Too me each one looks,like a good fake

7 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Butkowski is a disgrace to the Polish American community.

• Haha (+1) 1

This is just the latest bull crap they are coming up with trying to discredit Allen, his ability, and the fact he is an elite QB in the NFL. In the beginning he was too erratic. Then is was he's too careless with the football. Then it was he's good, but "sugar high" will ruin everything. Then it's back to the turnovers ruining everything. Now it's not only the turnovers and the "hero ball", but it's the fake slides and the flopping. I can't ever remember a QB they tried SO HARD to discredit, or run down at every turn, and this is in spite of the NUMEROUS records he is setting on the field for total TD's, total yards, and things of the like.

They slobber all over guys like Mahomes (who is a great QB and he has 2 rings), Lamar, Hurts, Burrow, and Tua. They make excuses for them at every turn. But with Josh, it's mainly the negatives they push to the forefront despite the greatness you see on the field if you actually watch him. It's absolutely personal with some of the bobbleheads you see on TV. Either way, I'm sure it just fuels the fire in Josh. Makes him want to succeed that much more.

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

This is just the latest bull crap they are coming up with trying to discredit Allen, his ability, and the fact he is an elite QB in the NFL. In the beginning he was too erratic. Then is was he's too careless with the football. Then it was he's good, but "sugar high" will ruin everything. Then it's back to the turnovers ruining everything. Now it's not only the turnovers and the "hero ball", but it's the fake slides and the flopping. I can't ever remember a QB they tried SO HARD to discredit, or run down at every turn, and this is in spite of the NUMEROUS records he is setting on the field for total TD's, total yards, and things of the like.

They slobber all over guys like Mahomes (who is a great QB and he has 2 rings), Lamar, Hurts, Burrow, and Tua. They make excuses for them at every turn. But with Josh, it's mainly the negatives they push to the forefront despite the greatness you see on the field if you actually watch him. It's absolutely personal with some of the bobbleheads you see on TV. Either way, I'm sure it just fuels the fire in Josh. Makes him want to succeed that much more.

Almost everyone in the sports media has receipts predicting he would bust and they're determined to retcon that they were right.

Somewhat interesting comment in todays Kubiak column in BN about Allen on the 52 yard TD run.  So it's not a fake slide as much as defenses think he's going to and let up.  Does give him an advantage as if teams say I'm going to go after him hard they risk he does slide and then a penalty, but nothing illegal either by Allen.

He almost did slide on the play and then decided to see if he could get a little more. I believe Allen was surprised at the lack of effort in bringing him to the ground and that also might have been because the Steelers anticipated a slide.

15 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

I can tell the older crowd from the younger on this issue

older crowd screams it’s a fake slide

younger crowd KNOWS it’s a juke

every one of those was a juke - and a GOOD one

I’m old, and it was a juke, I guess I’m young at heart… 😁🍸🚬

I really enjoy good sarcasm and this thread does a fine job exercising it, 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.