Bills release Fournette from the Practice Squad

Keeping Murray sounds like a loyalty thing as he's been there all year and is a team leader. There's zero chance Murray is better than Fournette unless all you want from that player is pass blocking and leadership 

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

He did get a chance a few times.  I didn't think he looked very good.  He looked like poor power and no wiggle.  Power doesn't do it these days, wiggle does.  

I never thought I would see the day Shaw66 used 'wiggle' in describing an RB. 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

Fournette has never been anything more than a fringe roster player in the pros. His college injury ruined his career, but people act like he's actually done things as a pro. Dude has a 3.9 YPC average. He's pretty bad.

I'd rather have Duke Johnson.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’d be surprised if Fournette asked to be released. Even if you’re not playing, you still have a chance at a ring, as opposed to not having a chance at all, as I can’t imagine he hooks on elsewhere. I think it’s more a product of the injuries we sustained and having to add players at cb and lb.

• Like (+1) 3

I have to assume he was unhappy that he never got signed to the roster and was looking at being active in the Playoffs as the bare minimum. When he was inactive because of injuries at other positions and then saw we had a bunch more injuries at other positions, i'm guessing he got fed up and said I'd rather go home than work all week in Buffalo for peanuts.

There's definitely other players that would be better candidates to release from the Practice Squad than Lenny. So it had to have been more than just needing to make room on the PS for a Punter like Matt Haack or a LB like Christian Kirksey.

• Eyeroll 1

Lenny's made it clear he was unhappy with his role (or lack of one).

But he wasn't impressive when he played.  I know Lenny has always been slow but watching him run, I thought my TV switched to slow motion.  

Not to knock our OL, which has been much better this year, but when they do open holes, the holes often close quickly.  Cook hits those holes with burst and vision.  Lenny slowly rumbles into them... eventually.    

• Agree 1

Was clearly a disconnect with his expectations of playing time… and their perception of his  current abilities …

Murray has been ordinary for some time now .. so if Fournette can’t beat him out there must be something wrong with him..

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Yeah I'm guessing -- and this is totally a guess, with no evidence whatsoever to back it up -- that Fournette was unhappy and requested his release.

I think he envisioned playing a lot more this season. Once the playoffs hit and he was still inactive, I'm guessing he said "I'd like my release so that I can have a chance to contribute elsewhere". The only problem is that I'm not sure where it is he thinks he's going to contribute at this point. 

He does not need to be released to contribute.  Other teams can sign off our practice squad.   Maybe he want to go to KC and sell info.

13 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Yes.  Martin may be going on IR.

Martin going on IR does not require a spot on PS.

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

Murray is already on the 53. As @GunnerBill notes above, we had to elevate a WR and LB yesterday to fill holes. Teams can only elevate two per week. 

Exactly. Most of the comments here indicate they aren’t aware of the PS move limitations. 

Edited by SoMAn
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

As many have said, likely because they are fully healthy at RB have an array of injuries we are dealing with elsewhere.

I wouldn't be shocked if it's the cut but we'll bring you back in a week type deals.

33 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Ty Johnson has looked pretty good 

He's got surprising power from his small frame.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Codyny13 said:

I’d be surprised if Fournette asked to be released. Even if you’re not playing, you still have a chance at a ring, as opposed to not having a chance at all, as I can’t imagine he hooks on elsewhere. I think it’s more a product of the injuries we sustained and having to add players at cb and lb.

I agree. Assume the Bills feel Murray is better in pass pro. Would not be shocked if he gets resigned in a week or two ( if Bills win) Just never know. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Brand J said:

Punter or LB inbound?

PUNT GOD, PUNT GOD, PUNT GOD!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Yeah I'm guessing -- and this is totally a guess, with no evidence whatsoever to back it up -- that Fournette was unhappy and requested his release.

I think he envisioned playing a lot more this season. Once the playoffs hit and he was still inactive, I'm guessing he said "I'd like my release so that I can have a chance to contribute elsewhere". The only problem is that I'm not sure where it is he thinks he's going to contribute at this point. 

It's odd they didn't play him more.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

It's odd they didn't play him more.

he was out of shape, took weeks to get fit, did absolutely nothing in the games he played in.

how is this at all surprising.  MCD had seen enough

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

Holy crow. Whatever happened to that story?!

With salary & endorsement money, JA rakes in north of $45 million per year.

She was paid off handsomely, made to sign an iron clad NDA, and sent to live on an island in the South Pacific. 20 years from now the kid will emerge as a top D1 prospect. 

• Haha (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Didn't someone recently say something about a bills player and some yet to be revealed legal issue?  Perhaps this is related.  First thing I thought of, but obviously there also might be no legal issue for anyone and that's just a rumor

I had the same thought but probably just coincidental (given our need to make roster moves)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.