Von added a new move this week

Einstein

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Why exactly did he not wrap him up?

he might’ve thought the pump fake was a real throw 

16 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Think he thought Rudolph got the ball out already! He does pump fake last second,  bet he's pissed he didn't add another playoff sack.

Also remember Romo,Nantz bringing his name up a few times, by far his best game since the injury 

Hopefully he keeps trending upwards

just getting one on the books would likely help his process a lot 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

This is the first time i’ve seen him successfully reintroduce the spin since before his ACL injury. Prior to yesterday, he was only speed rushing around the edge or getting stonewalled.

This was really nice to see! Should have been his first sack of the season.

I added a slow-mo version if you let the clip play out.

And instead of sacking the QB, he just pushes him.  

Edited by SoonerBillsFan

2 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

He’s not rushing with the aggression you need to get sacks. My guess is he doesn’t trust his knee to put the torque that comes with making the turn on the wide rushes. Maybe he’s improving every week. Hopefully he can contribute against KC.

What irks me, is that he doesn't seem to play with any intensity. And he was a leader in the past, not just a star player, but a leader that set an example.

10 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

What irks me, is that he doesn't seem to play with any intensity. And he was a leader in the past, not just a star player, but a leader that set an example.

Hard to lead when your play doesn’t project winning leadership skills. The guy is 35 coming off radical knee surgery and is not physically the player he was. His days of being vocal in the locker room may be over.

23 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I don't believe he trusts the knee yet.  Effort has never been a problem with Von throughout his career. 

He showed some flashes late in the game yesterday.  Let's just cross our fingers that he takes a big leap in the next couple of weeks and can provide us with a little juice if we make it to the SB.

23 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Hard to lead when your play doesn’t project winning leadership skills. The guy is 35 coming off radical knee surgery and is not physically the player he was. His days of being vocal in the locker room may be over.

Yes, I get that. But he could still lead by example, by showing intensity, coaching other players with energy, etc. His lack of physical prowess has not erased all the status he's earned as a player and leader.  IDK how he is daily, but on gameday he seems mentally off, like  he is just checking in to get a paycheck. 

23 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I think Miller had some real moment yesterday, and if there was ever a game for him (and the entire pass rush) to play the game of their season it's obviously this week against the Chiefs and a top 5 offensive line.

Yeah we all know how sincere you feel about this.

1 hour ago, Jerome007 said:

Yes, I get that. But he could still lead by example, by showing intensity, coaching other players with energy, etc. His lack of physical prowess has not erased all the status he's earned as a player and leader.  IDK how he is daily, but on gameday he seems mentally off, like  he is just checking in to get a paycheck. 

Being a healthy scratch and then getting limited snaps probably has him demoralized and doubting his value. Sometimes it’s hard getting credibility for motivational on field coaching when you’re hurting the cause.

It would be a mistake to sit a player with the big moment history like Von, full stop.

I don't care how he's looked since his return. We paid this man because he has the knack of closing games, and/or making plays that can change the game. He did that against KC his first season.

This defense being as injury riddled as they are would get a massive boost if Von can provide a spark for them with a big play or two. That's exactly what we may need if we are struggling...that one play that turns it around.

Von is one of the rare guys that can do this. 

On 1/16/2024 at 10:03 AM, Billschinatown said:

I think the crazier play here is 91 throwing a guy on the floor with one arm while fighting another????

Nothing Juggernaut GIF

That was Najee Harris trying to chip Ed.  6’1” 245 lbs knocked on his arse by our horse riding 3 technique DT!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/16/2024 at 10:20 AM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I can’t tell which is real time and which is the slow mo, because that’s about the slowest spin move I have seen. 

I was going to make a comment of the OP choice of words up til now he has only been "speed" rushing

On 1/16/2024 at 9:49 AM, Gugny said:

Well … you’re not wrong!  But I direct my anger for that to the Wilpons; not Von. 

Von is also making a pretty penny contributing to the Bills exactly as much as Bonilla is contributing to the Mets. 

Hmmmm.... that gets me thinking, how many void years can we add on a restructure to mitigate the cap hit from releasing or trading??

I have to say, ***** Von, and ***** the microphone he rode in on.

I'm sick of seeing him in interviews and sick of hearing about how he's "back to himself" and finally ready to contribute.

If he hasn't been able to contribute "as himself", why has he been clogging up a roster spot since week 5?

Show us first, then talk.

I mean, yes, it would be totally awesome if he were a force to reckon with in this week's game and he racked up a couple pressures, but zero to hero is a long climb.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I have to say, ***** Von, and ***** the microphone he rode in on.

I'm sick of seeing him in interviews and sick of hearing about how he's "back to himself" and finally ready to contribute.

If he hasn't been able to contribute "as himself", why has he been clogging up a roster spot since week 5?

Show us first, then talk.

i'd let him be active this week. if he doesn't contribute then he's on the bench the rest of the week.

he has got better the last two weeks - getting slightly better each.

the only reason i hold hope that he will start to bring it is because he was a legit talent and has that level in his recent history. if he can tap into that last ounce he may have for the next 3 games it will be all we need.

i think he is strong enough in ego, mentality, and talent to do it.

i just do not know if he wants to and/or cares to.

Von Miller has been slowly, meticulously, working his way back from the injury. He's had a jersey for a reason, but not for improving his pass rush moves. His play has been intended, by the training staff, to callous the healed injury under game conditions. The Bills have not, for good reason, shown the Chiefs much with Miller. The playoffs—this game—is the reason he's here. A first for the Bills.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.