Wildcard round - Steelers Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

Proud of the team all around.  With the devastating injuries the defense has battled all year. Offense has found some balance and is playing playoff winning football. Kudos to McDermott, I’ve had my doubts but he has earned his money this year and I’m gonna put some more respect on his name.   

we’re on to Kansas City!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mynamemike said:

Proud of the team all around.  With the devastating injuries the defense has battled all year. Offense has found some balance and is playing playoff winning football. Kudos to McDermott, I’ve had my doubts but he has earned his money this year and I’m gonna put some more respect on his name.   

we’re on to Kansas City!

Actually, Kansas City is onto Buffalo

Welcome to Buffalo Patrick

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

There's no way Josh was ever not going to give that to Shakir, he's been programmed in all those practice interviews with his dad when he was a kid, he always knows what he's supposed to say.

Yeah 38 is going to be seeing that in his nightmares.

Exactly, it would be like asking would you rather be the top QB in your field or have mad cow!?

image.png.34af7f95086992169e2acc4af583f4be.png

Oh good, I thought you'd say mad cow!

Edited by letsgoteam

1 minute ago, Mynamemike said:

we’re on to Kansas City!

Kansas City comes to us!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I mean maybe wait till more information comes out?

Bernard looked like the only significant injury… your down Bernard, Milano, and White from way way earlier in the year…. I’d wager Douglas and Dodson are back this week on top of many of the guys that went down today…. Jeez, it’s like fans jump to make excuses to justify a loss that hasn’t happened yet, 

Dorian Willams needs the Remember the Titans speech.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On the interference call it seemed very similar to the contact against Dalton Kincaid in the end zone.  Yes, he hits Kincaid early but it was close and clearly going for the ball.  I'd also need to have a closer look but, to me, it didn't look like the Bills defender did actually pull the receiver.  Yes, his hand is around him but seems to be resting on the receiver rather than grabbing him...which DBs will do.  But again, either way, it was close and seemed consistent with the way refs were calling it.

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I’ve watched that Benford play on Pat F 5 times and I don’t know how he hurts his knee on that play? 

I read that it was his ankle, not his knee. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

There's no way Josh was ever not going to give that to Shakir, he's been programmed in all those practice interviews with his dad when he was a kid, he always knows what he's supposed to say.

Yeah 38 is going to be seeing that in his nightmares.

TBF Josh’s answer was correct. That Shakir TD shifted the game while Josh’s happened BEFORE the tide turned to the Steelers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Concussion.

He actually really hated to leave the field, he stopped in the tunnel entrance to watch a play go before a trainer made him leave. 

First time I think I've ever said, oh good! when finding out a player had a concussion. 

Really going to need Taron next week, hopefully it not serious! 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Logic said:

As someone who called for McDermott to be replaced after this season, it's only fair for me to come here and say...

That man deserves a world of credit right now. 

From keeping the team together and going from 5% chance at playoffs to the two-seed, to keeping this defense together with duct tape and baling wire, to holding the Steelers to 17 points despite being down to CBs 4, 5, and 6 and two backup linebackers. He made major changes to the way he was calling defense on the bye week, he had the courage to fire Dorsey mid-season. All in all, Coach McDermott just deserves a ton of credit. A ton!

Bravo, coach. Way to go!

GO BILLS!!!

I also wanted McDermott replaced, and I agree with everything you said. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, gordong said:

the refs dont see it that way I guess. But keep whining over a couple calls that mean nothing.

Clearly they do since they threw a flag. The difference in most of the other QB calls people are saying weren't penalties is that the defender started his tackling motion THEN the QB slid. That's not a penalty.  A defender can't stop mid tackle because the QB decided to slide.  Allen slid and then Jack started his tackling motion, he wasn't in mid air when Allen slid, that is ALWAYS a penalty.  The issue is people don't seem to understand the rule.  Sure, maybe there is a time or two it isn't called but it always should be.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

I also wanted McDermott replaced, and I agree with everything you said. 

I was going to be on the axe McDermott train if the Bills lost tonight. As defensive player after defensive player went down I started feeling that would be harsh, even if the Steelers somehow staged an epic comeback.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

First time I think I've ever said, oh good! when finding out a player had a concussion. 

Really going to need Taron next week, hopefully it not serious! 

Yeah first play I noticed Cam Lewis was on that 3rd and long early on that 2nd TD drive for the Steelers and it was like wait why the ***** was he out there?

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Fans going to the game Sunday need to get ready and bring the A game KC line has so many false starts and we need to make it hard on them. I think if we can get Douglas back and Johnson returns then we should be ok.  The Bills cannot take any chance with Martin,  they need to sign punter.  Hamstring injuries don't heal well in cold weather. Bills are lucky he only needed to punt once

28 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I mean maybe wait till more information comes out?

Bernard looked like the only significant injury… your down Bernard, Milano, and White from way way earlier in the year…. I’d wager Douglas and Dodson are back this week on top of many of the guys that went down today…. Jeez, it’s like fans jump to make excuses to justify a loss that hasn’t happened yet, 

Um during the game day thread you kept saying “Your Kicker” (Bass) in an argument. Are you really a fan of this team? Certainly didn’t sound like it.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DuckyBoys said:

Lot of reserve guys stepped up and made a impact today Klein, Elam and Dorian Williams all stepped up  Josh played within structure but still came up with some big plays when needed  

Depth and coaching. beane and mCd and co. Simple as that. Pity could have stolen that game easily. I was arguing with @newcam2012 about battle tested. 

that game is the definition. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.