What's your confidence level going into the game today?

Virgil

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This is news to me. I saw 13mph average. Isn’t that fairly normal wind?

Winds around the stadium are currently showing about 10-12 mph; very manageable.

• Agree 1

For the first time, 7th seed beat 2nd seed yesterday.  It could happen again today. Confidence level is not high.  Coming off a needed win last week and looking down the road to KC, I almost expect a letdown. 
I will love to be wrong. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, muppy said:

how certain are you that the stadium will be at near capacity for the game today. Can BFLO snow plow logistics pull this off? What do you think?

A friend of mine posted this picture 45 minutes ago. Snowballs will be a thing today. 

419895604_10231946042536822_1288951801034455613_n.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

A friend of mine posted this picture 45 minutes ago. Snowballs will be a thing today. 

419895604_10231946042536822_1288951801034455613_n.jpg

the field visible blue skies as you foretold bodes well. The hardy masses WILL fill our crib. I pray for everyones safe travels. 

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

am nervous and worry that home field advantage won't exist because of the few seats that will be full.   I have been concerned about Pittsburg from the onset and now with this weather we may become one dimensional.  

I don't know how full the stadium will be but there are at least 4 bills fans on their way from PA right now

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I felt better before the cowboys lost which is completely illogical lol. ‘A 7 seed has never won’ was doin wonders for my mental state 

Still feel good but it’s a decrease from not being worried at all 😂

Look at it this way. Every year some road team upsets a home team in the Wildcard round. Last year it was Dallas ending Tom Brady's career, the year before that it was the 49ers beating Dallas, and the year before that it was the Browns winning in Pittsburgh. The Packers got that out of the way yesterday. That's why the Lions got to win.

I am cautiously optimistic.

I realize there is a chance we let the Steelers hang around in this one. I know the Bills defense can dominate them, but will they?

Weather should not be a factor in the game, though it may have stopped some travel from Pittsburgh is my guess

Winds are fine.  I'm at my brother's house who lives 5 miles from the stadium.  I was just outside shoveling in a hoodie for 30 minutes.  No problem.  Put me down for a 9.  Play smart and Bills win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

For the first time, 7th seed beat 2nd seed yesterday.  

In fairness, that's a small sample size. Until a few years ago, there was no such thing as a  7th seed.

• Agree 1

An "8" is where I am at. Confident for sure, but preparation, consistency, and smart football is even more important in playoff games.

What makes it less than a 10?  Tomlin is consistently prepared, and he got 10 wins in a tougher division with Kenny Pickett and Mason Rudolph.

Steelers aren't nearly as talented. With that said, Steelers are a well-run franchise.

Respect the Steelers. Still, we are going to win today.

Go Bills!

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I'd say I'm at a 6.5.  With the wind still projected to be bad, it doesn't seem like a great passing day.  I still believe we have the better overall team, but this is the type of game where fundamentals are key, to which I do believe the Steelers are more disciplined than us. 

As for home field advantage, I'm not sure what to expect.  Like KC last night, I expect there to be a lot of empty seats.  There were a lot of seats available, and who knows which fans those went to.  Also, Pittsburgh is as prepared for these conditions as anyone in the league.  

Also, I absolutely hate when EVERYONE picks the Bills to win.  

Even still, we have Josh and I like him running the ball  and making plays to squeeze out a win.  Cook needs to protect the ball and Fournette just needs to keep it consistent.  

I believe we should win and think we will.  But, and maybe it's the BBFS in me, I'm also very much prepared for a loss.  

**Update** Winds are projected at 10-15mph for the game.   I’m sticking with my ratio 

it’s the Bills man. Confident they should win and terrified they won’t. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Never feel good about a game that matters 😅

It's weird.  When I was a kid watching the 90's Bills, I never got nervous in the playoffs.

Always extremely confident the Bills would win.

I had the exact same confidence in this Bills team until about mid-way through last season.  I can't really pinpoint the moment, but it was around the Vikings game that things suddenly flipped and my brain.  I started getting nervous before even regular season games, and fearing the worst.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

It's weird.  When I was a kid watching the 90's Bills, I never got nervous in the playoffs.

Always extremely confident the Bills would win.

I had the exact same confidence in this Bills team until about mid-way through last season.  I can't really pinpoint the moment, but it was around the Vikings game that things suddenly flipped and my brain.  I started getting nervous before even regular season games, and fearing the worst.

Because when you were young, you had your whole life in front of you and surely the Bills would win one sooner or later. Then it was at some point during last season that it dawned on all of us that this Josh Allen-led team might not win one after all. For me, this happened a week earlier after the Jets game. My dad died in June and he was a fan since the first AFL season. He never got to see one.  I think that is the fear that all of us have.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2

I was at the snowy Bengals loss last season. After watching Joe Mixon seemingly run 5-6 yards per attempt I cant help but be concerned Najee Harris can’t do something similar. That being said I think we figure it out and get the job done. 

Anyone have thoughts on why this won’t be like the Bengals game where we are dominated physically?

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, JROC INTEL said:

I was at the snowy Bengals loss last season. After watching Joe Mixon seemingly run 5-6 yards per attempt I cant help but be concerned Najee Harris can’t do something similar. That being said I think we figure it out and get the job done. 

Anyone have thoughts on why this won’t be like the Bengals game where we are dominated physically?

The Bills have a much more physical defense this year than last year. No team has dominated the Bills physically this year and it happened a bunch last year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Depends on which Bills show up the Bills who beat KC and Dallas or the Bills that somehow managed to lose to the Pats Jets, Broncos and barely got by the Jints. 

Just going by chronological order, it should he the former

16 minutes ago, JROC INTEL said:

DaQuan Jones wasn't on the field 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.