Wild Card Round, Squeelers v. Bills - PREDICT THE SCORE

Bears fan here.  Congratulations on the #2 Seed.  I do believe the Bills are the team to beat in the AFC.  I predict Buffalo wins the toss, and defers.  Pittsburgh puts up 3 points in the first half, and Buffalo puts up 17.  The Bills come out of the second half and score a quick touchdown making it 24-3.  The game then ends up being a punt fest with Pittsburgh scoring a meaningless touchdown with little time left.  Final score Bills 24, Pittsburgh 10.  Go Bills.  It's your year!

• Like (+1) 3

very nervous about this game. Ordinarily I think the bills would win in a breeze (no pun intended or was it?)...low scoring affair Bills 19  Steelers 18 - all xtra points missed but for one by the Bills making the difference.

Edited by entropyrules
  • Like (+1) 1

The fear from Pittsburgh in this matchup was always about the passing game.  If there was any concern it was that Pickens and Johnson had gotten some chemistry with Rudolph and would run around and make big plays for the Steelers.  The weather removes that one little bit of "worry" I had because everybody knows Pittsburgh has to try and run the ball.

It will be low scoring and I don't think the Steelers put more than 10 points on the board.  23-10 sounds about right.

Go Bills!!!  15-6, Babyyyyyyyyy!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ShortBusGrizz said:

Bears fan here.  Congratulations on the #2 Seed.  I do believe the Bills are the team to beat in the AFC.  I predict Buffalo wins the toss, and defers.  Pittsburgh puts up 3 points in the first half, and Buffalo puts up 17.  The Bills come out of the second half and score a quick touchdown making it 24-3.  The game then ends up being a punt fest with Pittsburgh scoring a meaningless touchdown with little time left.  Final score Bills 24, Pittsburgh 10.  Go Bills.  It's your year!

bills dont punt

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

23 to 9 Bills, Buffalo gonna surprise everyone and come out throwing early in the elements, build a 14 point lead and never look back, oh and we get a safety too

This would make the most sense which is why I'm still paranoid McD will do the opposite and try pounding the football early and often.

Make no mistake about it, Tomlin knows he's going to have to take a lot of chances in this game (i.e. go for multiple 4th downs) to have a chance and I could see them actually trying to be the aggressors early to build a lead and put all the pressure on the Bills side.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Steelers 21

Bills 7

Steelers are up 7 after a successful first drive, and the conditions force an all rushing game on both sides.  Cook has two fumbles in Bills territory, both leading to Steelers touchdowns.  Josh throws and interception trying to tie it up in the 4th, and the Steelers put it away with another short field drive.  Bass misses two field goals. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.