Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

I want Cook to go off. Ive lost confidence in him. Looks like we did not elevate playoff Lenny. If the wind is not a factor maybe we will air it out and try and get up on them. After watching the QB play so far,. No way we can let Rudolph win a road playoff game.  McD usually has an answer to confuse them.

42 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

As of tonight (Sunday, about 11pm) on Ticketmaster there are just over 7,600 tickets available for the game.   

(yes, I counted) 

Thank you for your service... I was thinking about doing that but said f***  that lol

1 hour ago, mannc said:

How will this game be played tomorrow?

The field will be fine.  Assuming that this "hardness" thing is resolved, which I'm sure it will be since they have heaters to address it.  

The question, again, is how the fans get to the game, park, etc.  

It'll be interesting to see how many make it.  Someone suggested shuttles from other areas which seems to be a great idea.  

Can't imagine that there will be many Steeler fans there that don't live in WNY already though, which is obviously a good thing.  

51 minutes ago, tbonehawaii007 said:

Who will be in and run situation since he was the best blocking wide receiver?

Are you asking who will play for Davis?  Sherfield I assume, though I’m hoping we see Kincaid on some of those deeper routes

Sherfield is a good blocker

• Agree 2

So this is the QB we are facing getting on the plane. I never saw him up close. Looks like a spoiled brat rich kid.

What the heck is he wearing? I thought he was a girl at first.

Edited by chongli
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Isn't Pitt playing with house money?

What road playoff wins have the Bills won?

I never understood ‘house money’…at some point the Steelers have to rise above pretty good fringe playoff team or they are going to have to make changes 

idk what it is about Tomlin but this ‘his team is bad and he has them overachieving’ shtick has worn off on me the last few years.  A guy that has coached a team for 20 nearly years should be shooting for more than just ‘happy to be there’ 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Hope I'm wrong but can't see this game happening today.  Not sure how they get the snow out of the stands.  I'm on elma/orchard park bordar and approaching 3' of snow.

Roads surprisingly pretty clear though.  

Edited by TurfToeJam
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, billsfanmd07 said:

I want Cook to go off. Ive lost confidence in him. Looks like we did not elevate playoff Lenny. If the wind is not a factor maybe we will air it out and try and get up on them. After watching the QB play so far,. No way we can let Rudolph win a road playoff game.  McD usually has an answer to confuse them.

No way we can let Mason Rudolph beat Josh Allen in the playoffs while playing in Josh Allens home.  That would be brutal.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I never understood ‘house money’…at some point the Steelers have to rise above pretty good fringe playoff team or they are going to have to make changes 

idk what it is about Tomlin but this ‘his team is bad and he has them overachieving’ shtick has worn off on me the last few years.  A guy that has coached a team for 20 nearly years should be shooting for more than just ‘happy to be there’ 

I think Tomlin gets much respect for his two SB rings. One was with Ben the other as an assistant coach. Right or wrong when you win a Lombardi as a coach it elevates your status. In short, you kind of get the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes their coaching skills aren't inflated. I think Mike McCarthy is a good example of that. 

Another factor is having a franchise QB. When a coach has an elite QB expectations are elevated pretty quickly. There is a different kind of pressure on the coach. I think Sean McDermott is a good example here. 

With that being said, Tomlin doesn't have a QB. He should take a hit for drafting Pickett because he's not franchise. Not sure he's even serviceable. Nevertheless, he has his team in the playoffs and arguably played in the toughest division the league. I don't think many thought Pitt would make the playoffs. 

IMHO, the Steelers have over achieved. No one is expecting them to beat the Bills. Truthfully, all the pressure is on Buffalo. I think the Packer and Cowboy game is a good example here.

Hopefully, the Bills can play well and beat them today. 

Edited by newcam2012

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

QBs don’t grow on trees. It requires a ton of luck.

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No way we can let Mason Rudolph beat Josh Allen in the playoffs while playing in Josh Allens home.  That would be brutal.

McD is the master of making bad QB’s look like Joe Montana. We just can’t let them actually score when they get in the redzone.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TurfToeJam said:

Hope I'm wrong but can't see this game happening today.  Not sure how they get the snow out of the stands.  I'm on elma/orchard park bordar and approaching 3' of snow.

Game is getting played one way or another.  Worst case is they shut it down to fans, but they’d have to make that call pretty soon.  

• Agree 1

Travel ban lifted in some areas

https://x.com/KatieMorseNews/status/1746817426723897736?s=20

2 hours ago, TurfToeJam said:

This is Buffalo. Fans will stand all game

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Anybody tailgating tomorrow? 

And where

Well there have been orchard Park hooligans clearing out the stadium shirtless today

Orchard Park probably has 25-30 in give or take... Maybe a little more maybe a little less on the area

Storm is going towards the north towns now...

Drive safe and go bills PTR

Probably will be there earlier in day. No idea where yet. Depends on the lots. 

3 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

house money, nothing to lose.....just dumb cliches

4 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

What’s happening?? I’m jumped up out of bed at 4:15am ready to HIT SOMEBODY!!!!!

This game being playing today or what?!

If I were to guess, game happens today, in front of a half full stadium. 

3 hours ago, TurfToeJam said:

If the roads are clear the game is being played. They aren’t delaying the game just because there is snow in the stands 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, TurfToeJam said:

Is this your first year living in WNY?

The storm in so isolated, that with all the resources in the south, pretty much by noon-1, it will look like an normal winter day.  Snow plies and clear roads.

Edited by Back2Buff

We are getting fortunate for OP and the Southern Erie County.   Any Lake effect is supposed to drift north of Buffalo by afternoon.  Brisk and cold at 4:30pm, Temperature 17 degrees, winds SW at 13mph.   That's as calm as could possibly be expected.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

I just hope the Bills were watching the Cowboys getting destroyed at home,  they need to be ready and not just show up and expect to win.  We saw this season the team lose to Broncos at home and last year made 3rd string QB Skyler Thompson from the Dolphins look good in their opening round playoff game.  

Need to be ready and not look ahead to KC game

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I just hope the Bills were watching the Cowboys getting destroyed at home,  they need to be ready and not just show up and expect to win.  We saw this season the team lose to Broncos at home and last year made 3rd string QB Skyler Thompson from the Dolphins look good in their opening round playoff game.  

McDermott and the guys can definitely draw lessons from that Dallas game plus they are still seething over the Cincinnati home playoff debacle (also in the snow).  They will be ready.

The Bengals game is like what happened to Dallas yesterday.  The intensity and execution was regular season, They thought they would just show up and win because it was a home game.  It was nowhere near the level and preparation needed for a playoff game.

Edited by zow2
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

15 minutes ago, teef said:

after 109 pages, who is the most scared?

Not scared but potentially insane. Ever since the Cowboys game last night I've been walking around the house shouting "YEAH HERE WE GO!" in Dak's voice every 5 minutes or so. I have no idea why but can't stop it

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

14 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Please go back and look at the stats and highlights of that game last year. The game being close had nothing to do with Thompson

• Agree 1

I believe the game is played today. If fans can make it, great.  If not oh well. Good luck parking. I cleared my deck last night 9pm. This morning 18" on it. I'm easy at 4' so far in West Seneca. 

Edited by MarkyMannn
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Not scared but potentially insane. Ever since the Cowboys game last night I've been walking around the house shouting "YEAH HERE WE GO!" in Dak's voice every 5 minutes or so. I have no idea why but can't stop it

I think they need a new cadence next year. Either kill kill kill or remember the Pack

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.