Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

6 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

Yes, but so did Miami's D losing Chubb, Phillips and Howard last night as well as a few DB's during the game. Didn't seem to matter as they gave us fits. We got the W, but all I am saying is Pitt has a beter D than Miami. They also have top 3 OL in the NFL. We need to be ready! We will be... but it's not a gimme game just because Watt is out.

LOL they really didn’t give us fits. Poor officiating and bad luck and a poor decision or two. We moved the ball at will for the most part, it’s didn’t finish.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I'm seeing on social media and in here a little bit already the same people who declared the bills would blowout the chargers and pats saying they will blowout the steelers.

These same people are the first ones to complain and they complain the loudest when it doesn't go the way they expect.

The steelers have played in Buffalo 2 seasons in a row and they are a northeast team so the Home Field weather element is gone but hopefully the crowd noise will be a huge factor....even at that though they run the ball so much  that it will negate the crowd if they are gaining 4 or more yards a carry.  

This game scares me to death.  The Bills running game has progressively leveled off over the last few weeks and the steelers have the guys to stop the run.  

I imagine this is going to be alot like the Denver game earlier in the year.  They are going to run a ton, take shots when they are on the plus side of the field and get a man to man look and they are going to dare allen to throw the ball.   Unlike Denver I think they can stay back and still stop the run.  

I feel like this is a  17-13 or 20-17 type game.  

Listening to everyone talk about a blowout and an easy win is going to make my brain go crazy this week.

Agree, it's going to be a much closer game than some expect.

They have talent at skill positions/RB, and an improving OL.  Rudolph doesn't scare me, we definitely need to limit Najee/Warren broken tackles.

Watt being out definitely tips the scales.  Watt is the best defensive player in NFL. Highsmith is a beast himself, together they are difficult to scheme around.  They have some key injuries at ILB, and Kazee coming back at S.  Minkah has been banged up, but still a solid secondary.

Steelers just play a smart brand of football.  Lead NFL in turnover margin, very good S/T and kicking game, grind it out style on offense with some talented playmakers.

Difficult to blow out a team like that.  We need to keep turnover margin within -1 or better.  With Watt likely out, that should be enough to win close.  Only way we're blowing them out, is if Josh balls out in 2021 playoff mode.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I'm not sure it is. If tye Johnson catches that ball doesn't get whacked in the helmet and gets into the end zone then today we're talking about that play as being one of the plays that only Josh can make. But since it didn't work out it's shame on josh and he should have thrown to the sidelines. I'll admit I was upset about that play and wished we had at least 3 pts there. Thinking back in it I know I'd be super excited and proud of josh more having confidence and guys too. It's cuts both ways for me as fair or unfair as that is. 

I think that play works except for a penalty that they didn’t call. It’s annoying that he gets concussed from the ear hole shot and it took points off the board. Hope it’s a fine.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

They have talent at skill positions/RB, and an improving OL.  Rudolph doesn't scare me, we definitely need to limit Najee/Warren broken tackles.

Watt being out definitely tips the scales.  Watt is the best defensive player in NFL. Highsmith is a beast himself, together they are difficult to scheme around.  They have some key injuries at ILB, and Kazee coming back at S.  Minkah has been banged up, but still a solid secondary.

Steelers just play a smart brand of football.  Lead NFL in turnover margin, very good S/T and kicking game, grind it out style on offense with some talented playmakers.

Difficult to blow out a team like that.  We need to keep turnover margin within -1 or better.  With Watt likely out, that should be enough to win close.  Only way we're blowing them out, is if Josh balls out in 2021 playoff mode.

I said this up thread. If we don’t turn the ball over and play smart special teams, then I think this is an easy 23-10 type win. If we do our somewhat common dumb things, they will get like all their points off turnovers and we will lose. 

we can’t have the mindset that we must score 50 points. just play clean and play field position. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Doesn't matter which bum Tomlin sticks in at QB, Big Ben ism long gone and the Bills D will light up any and all of the Steelers scrubs.

Pitt will utilize their QB as a game manager. He will only be asked to make a few big plays and avoid the big turnovers. Rudolph has sonewhat shown he's capable of doing that. Whether he does who knows. 

Pitt will try to win playing tough defense, getting turnovers, and pounding the rock. They have a nice one two RB duo. 

Pitt is playing with "house money." They have nothing to lose. Their path to victory is pretty slim IMHO. 

One last note is nasty weather could really help out the Steelers since they don't have a very good offense. 

• Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I said this up thread. If we don’t turn the ball over and play smart special teams, then I think this is an easy 23-10 type win. If we do our somewhat common dumb things, they will get like all their points off turnovers and we will lose. 

we can’t have the mindset that we must score 50 points. just play clean and play field position. 

I agree but I have some concern that the longer the game stays close the better the Steelers chances are. I think it's the exact way the Steelers want to play. Hang around and hang around and finish the game. It's been their winning formula this year. 

Instead, I would like to see the Bills come out very aggressively and go up two scores. I don't think their offense is capable of coming back. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 3

Elandon Roberts and Mykal Walker can be had at the LB position. This defense reeling from the loss of Watt is going to need to dial up pressures to try and force something big (especially after seeing Miami find success).

Its crucial our offense be able to counter and implement a hoizontal attack to make them think twice about doing so. I like getting Kincaid/Cook in a favorable match up vs these slower LBs and getting them in space to the sideline.

Stretching the fielding horizontally, will pay off with a slower pass rush and open up the down field passing game. Keep them influenced in multiple directions. 

We saw this come to fruition last night set up by weeks of the Diggs bubble, which materialized on that exact same route combinations except it was a fake to Diggs and Allen hit the hole shot to Shakir down the sideline. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Did McDermott explain, or was he even asked, why Spector entered the game over Dorian Williams? If Dodson is a no go, would they again have Spector up as next man, or would a week off of prep allow for Williams to possibly slide into that role?

Heard on WGR  was likely due to Spector being better vs Run which was how Fins were gashing Bills in first half. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree but I have some concern that the longer the game stays close the better the Steelers chances are. I think it's the exact way the Steelers want to play. Hang around and hang around and finish the game. It's been their winning formula this year. 

Instead, I would like to see the Bills come out very aggressively and go up two scores. I don't think their offense is capable of coming back. 

theoretically, I agree with you. But knowing our team, that aggression will lead to that Steelers defense scoring on some strip sack or pick 6.  

10 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

this is not much of a "road" game, really.  Other one prior was Baltimore.  Both take less time flying to than an average person commutes to the office.  Even driving is 4 hours to Balt and 3 to Buffalo, not really any issues.  

The road game stat is really more about playing in a hostile environment etc., than it is about the travel itself. (in my opinion)

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, rayray808 said:

If I was to choose any match up from the playoff teams in the AFC it would be this...

Round one: host Steelers (Browns beat Texans)

Round two: host Chiefs (Browns beat Ravens)

Round three: host Browns

SUPER BOWL - Bills vs Cowboys

Funny, this is just how I've been thinking it will play out, except the 49ers make it to the Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

If Josh has a strong game and the offense is clicking, we could easily blow them out.  We are a much better team.  

Then again, we could lose.  This is why it's fun to watch the actual games.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Where are you seeing that forecast?

Accuweather:

SUNDAY, JANUARY 14

Day

1/14

24°Hi

RealFeel® -1°

RealFeel Shade™ -1°

Cloudy, windy and colder with snow tapering to flurries

Max UV Index1 Low

WindW 28 mph

Wind Gusts50 mph

Probability of Precipitation85%

Probability of Thunderstorms1%

5 hours ago, Steptide said:

My guess is because it's the steelers. If it was the bills and kc, I highly doubt it's a 1pm game 

Honestly, Sunday at 1PM is a great spot to play a team that has become "must see TV". That is the one of the NFL's prime slots, and with there only being 1 game on, you want it to be a good one. 

30 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

theoretically, I agree with you. But knowing our team, that aggression will lead to that Steelers defense scoring on some strip sack or pick 6.  

You can't play scared or not to lose. When you are the better team you stay aggressive and put the inferior team away early. You have to trust the players to execute. My real concern is the weather might negate aggressive play calling. 

16 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Accuweather:

SUNDAY, JANUARY 14

Day

1/14

24°Hi

RealFeel® -1°

RealFeel Shade™ -1°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindW 28 mph

Wind Gusts50 mph

Not great for the passing game. Weather advantage to the Steelers. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Not great for the passing game. Weather advantage to the Steelers. 

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

You can't play scared or not to lose. When you are the better team you stay aggressive and put the inferior team away early. You have to trust the players to execute. My real concern is the weather might negate aggressive play calling. 

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is one of those weather games vs a weak opponent that we need Josh to control himself.

I saw a crazy stat yesterday. Since 2020 the Bills are 16-0 when Allen doesn’t turn the ball

over. Thats an unbelievable stat.

Let's not make the same mistake we made against the Pats in the Hurricane game.  Put Josh's velocity to work. Mason Rudolph won't be able to.

• Agree 3

36 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This is what Weather.com says:

Screenshot_2024-01-08-22-52-45-81_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Pointless as we likely will have a localized weather event involved that they have no means or experience to even forecast.

Outside of NOAA/NWS Buffalo or Donn Paul, I wouldn't trust any of those other places for weather in these situations.

Heavy lake snow is likely for Saturday/Sunday and possibly into Monday. Probably measured in feet not inches.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

The weather forecast is not ideal. High winds/bad weather tends to even out teams and Limits the biggest mismatches we have.

also, not sure I trust Cooks ball security in these conditions.

Edited by nbbillsfan
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, chongli said:

Or Houston (the city was formerly in the AFC North's precursor: the AFC Central, although it was the current Tennessee Titans).

9 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

as crazy as it is, there is a somewhat likely road to the SB for the Bills that is almost the entire AFC North:

Steelers

Browns (if they and Miami win this week)

Ravens 

And NFC North too, if we meet Detroit in the SB.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

If Josh has a strong game and the offense is clicking, we could easily blow them out.  We are a much better team.  

Then again, we could lose.  This is why it's fun to watch the actual games.

That’s fun for you? You’re sick!

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is one of those weather games vs a weak opponent that we need Josh to control himself.

I saw a crazy stat yesterday. Since 2020 the Bills are 16-0 when Allen doesn’t turn the ball

It’s unbelievable that out of 68 total games played he’s only had 16 games where he DIDNT turn over the ball over 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I really believe that from here until the rest of the season, we will see the 2nd half of the Dolphins game performance from Josh Allen. SteAllen has found his GROOVE😎

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

We add a running QB and Fournette and Murray for some additional oomph though.  

Yea but can we get some variety and give the D some different looks with our run game ? Feel like things are stale. It’s the same tackle pull play , run straight off tackle or Josh bobsled plays ….

how about pre snap motion / misdirection running.

and then lots of play action passing off it

NOW is the time to give some wrinkles. It’s win or go home!

4 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

Accuweather:

SUNDAY, JANUARY 14

Day

1/14

24°Hi

RealFeel® -1°

RealFeel Shade™ -1°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindW 28 mph

Wind Gusts50 mph

I’m seein a lot less wind in the weather sites I typically frequent 😂 guess we’ll see who’s right.   weather.gov ain’t even calling it windy they went a notch below and called it breezy lol 

42 minutes ago, chongli said:

28th ranked rush defense by what metric? 😂 

Steelers are 1-6 as that big of an underdog and 1-10 without watt…that bodes pretty well 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, nbbillsfan said:

The weather forecast is not ideal. High winds/bad weather tends to even out teams and Limits the biggest mismatches we have.

also, not sure I trust Cooks ball security in these conditions.

That is a solid point. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.