Thrilled with today but we left alot of meat on the bone

If Knox gets that DPI, that probably results in TD1.  If Gabe doesn't trip over his feet that's probably TD2.  If Cook actually had hands that's TD3. And a wide open Diggs on an easy 89 yd TD4 is lost on the over throw.  I'm ecstatic about the division championship but there's still stuff to clean up.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Yup, this game was basically the same as 48-20 earlier, we just made boneheaded plays to kill ourselves. Similar to last year in Miami in the heat game. We dominated the game statistically but made dumb plays to prevent scoring.

Offense humming going into the playoffs is always good 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Despite all the gaffs when we repeatedly shot ourselves in the foot, the play that pissed me off the most was not getting that last first down on 4th down with a half yard to go. We would have salted the game then and there and nobody would have sweated the final moments. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Despite all the gaffs when we repeatedly shot ourselves in the foot, the play that pissed me off the most was not getting that last first down on 4th down with a half yard to go. We would have salted the game then and there and nobody would have sweated the final moments. 

I just think we went to the tush push once too often. How bout a naked bootleg while everyone is bunched over the A gap?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Fangio is one of the greats of this generation, Dolphins were 7-1 at home and should have been 8-0 (Tenn last minute comeback was the only blemish).

We should have crushed them it’s true, but this may be the toughest game we play until at least the AFCCG if we get that far. 

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Now all that really counts for is Allen’s final 2023 stats. 

Who cares now, Diggs showed his isn’t hurt and can still get wide open.

And like the others have pointed out, the Bills moved the ball easily all night. 

Stef played great and deserved a 150+ yard game with a td.  He still made enough plays. He absolutely broke Ramsey's ankle on that deep miss by JA.

• Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Fangio is one of the greats of this generation, Dolphins were 7-1 at home and should have been 8-0 (Tenn last minute comeback was the only blemish).

We should have crushed them it’s true, but this may be the toughest game we play until at least the AFCCG if we get that far. 

Every game the Bills play is an adventure.

• Like (+1) 1

Just wanted to point out a surprisingly key play that many people probably overlook:  Dane Jackson's PI against Tyreek Hill.  That was a legitimate penalty, no argument about that, but the point is that Jackson kept Hill from breaking clear into the middle in full stride after catching an accurate pass from Tua that got exactly where Hill would have been.  Without that PI, Hill scores, and the game plays out differently.  

We don't talk much in football about taking a good penalty, like we do in hockey, but this is an instance where a foul by Jackson really saved the day.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Just wanted to point out a surprisingly key play that many people probably overlook:  Dane Jackson's PI against Tyreek Hill.  That was a legitimate penalty, no argument about that, but the point is that Jackson kept Hill from breaking clear into the middle in full stride after catching an accurate pass from Tua that got exactly where Hill would have been.  Without that PI, Hill scores, and the game plays out differently.  

We don't talk much in football about taking a good penalty, like we do in hockey, but this is an instance where a foul by Jackson really saved the day.  

That easily would've been a td.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Diggs owns Ramsey at this point and should have been rewarded with an eye popping stat line to cap the year and quiet all doubters. It was still good to see that he seemingly isn’t banged up. Hopefully he and Josh connect on that long ball soon.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I just think we went to the tush push once too often. How bout a naked bootleg while everyone is bunched over the A gap?

That would work prolly better if you had Peyton Manning back there that doesn't expect it...

Every single defensive coordinator has an edge defender who is not looking at the running back at all but strictly Josh Allen

An edge defender or slot corner coming off the edge who's only job is to hit Josh Allen

• Like (+1) 1

Have you seen the movie Seabiscuit where there's a big match between Seabiscuit and a huge powerful race horse?  (War Admiral was his name, I think.)  Spoiler alert: Seabiscuit wins.  The way the little team behind Seabiscuit set it up, Seabiscuit would take the early lead and then let the other horse catch up and pass him, but then Seabiscuit would catch back up and pass the big horse, ripping his heart out and destroying his will.

That's what the Bills do to the Dolphins.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Josh stunk in the first half. Had critical turnovers. He then dominated the second half. We live and die by josh. 

I feel like that’s been a little less true these days than years past.  Defense hung in there despite the offense straight up pantsing itself a lot of the first half 😂

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

Have you seen the movie Seabiscuit where there's a big match between Seabiscuit and a huge powerful race horse?  (War Admiral was his name, I think.)  Spoiler alert: Seabiscuit wins.  The way the little team behind Seabiscuit set it up, Seabiscuit would take the early lead and then let the other horse catch up and pass him, but then Seabiscuit would catch back up and pass the big horse, ripping his heart out and destroying his will.

Did you see the movie Secretariat where he kicked the crap out of the other horses from start to finish to win the Triple Crown?  Give me that.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It’s coming soon in the playoffs. Count on it. Especially after they struggled a couple times today picking up the 1 yard. They will start practicing options off the tush push and use them at the right time in the next 2-3 games. 

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Davis trips over his own feet .. but does it still get intercepted otherwise ?

It definitely does-that was a poor play right from the beginning. Poor play design (pretty much just hoping Josh makes a Superman play) but Josh’s throw pretty much had no chance of being caught. That’s picked even if Davis doesn’t fall down. I will agree with everything else the OP said, but this play wasn’t a good one

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Every team does.

We won. It's been do or die playoffs for 5 weeks and we've won 5 straight.

As Josh and Diggs said to each other post-game... 4 more!

Agree. Football can be ugly. To the complainers today I'll ask a simple question. Would you rather lose, but look pretty doing it or win and win ugly?

That's all football comes down to. Did you win or lose. And the Bills have won ugly all the way to the #2 seed. I'll take that over looking good, setting records, being the toast of the NFL and ending up a 6 seed ANY day. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Utah John said:

the key is to slow down Seabiscuit, and let him look his opponent eye to eye.  Then it is game over, Seabiscuit is the ultimate competitor who refuses to lose.

Josh is Seabiscuit

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If Knox gets that DPI, that probably results in TD1.  If Gabe doesn't trip over his feet that's probably TD2.  If Cook actually had hands that's TD3. And a wide open Diggs on an easy 89 yd TD4 is lost on the over throw.  I'm ecstatic about the division championship but there's still stuff to clean up.

Figured you might blame Gabe. How about “if Josh stops turning the ball over “. Of course not. 

It is extremely important that you pointed this out.

Championship caliber teams aren't perfect. But they can still win when they aren't. How many times did we think we had the Patriots down, only for Brady to steal it at the end? That's who we are now 

What I'm seeing is a Bills team that can not only come back, but then hold the opponent off in the 4th quarter. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The one he tripped on, when they showed the replay it seemed like that db was going to get it even if Gabe didn't trip.  The morning shows are going to eat that up as a reckless josh int - but it was 4th down so he just chucked it up after the play broke down.

On the Diggs overthrow I feel like the shoulder injury is affecting Josh's long throws - he doesn't seem to be getting as much loft on them, that one came out really flat

8 hours ago, K-9 said:

I think we lost a little bit of creativity there....We told the Dolphins what we were going to do and they were ready for it.  Instead, we could have fooled all of them and have cook play pitch and catch or Josh does an end around.  

8 hours ago, LEBills said:

Well if we don't get that far then its safe the tougher game was before the AFCCG

Take nobody for granted

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.