Bills @ Dolphins game thread - 1st Half

Simon

1 minute ago, Amorgus said:

Can we complain yet or are we supposed to keep them rose colored glasses on?

Depends on what you want to complain about. Josh? Sure. Anything else. Keep them on. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Dolphins were ready to roll over--they WERE rolling over. You... cannot.... turn... the... ball... over. It's the only rule. Three and out, fine. Just don't turn the ball over. 

Is it really that hard? Hey, Brady, how about running on every last play from now on? 

it's early but Miami looks too fast and explosive. Doesn't look like a Bills night. 

Really starting to wonder how good this Bills team really is. We are gonna found out. Glad the Titans won! 

I'm not mad at the defense, Dolphins offense is going to get their points eventually. I just can't get over the missed deep pass. Josh put no air under that one. Even an underthrow is fine there with how wide open Diggs got. And last year I feel like we hit a dozen of those. I don't get it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just put points on the board offense. Stop trying to go for the big play.

Ridiculous that we don’t at least have 3 or 6 points on the board. Defense was excellent for an entire quarter.  Offense moved the ball on both drives and we have nothing to show for it .

Inexcusable to not get points on at least one of those drives. 

I can't stand Josh Allen.

He can't throw deep

He turns the ball over constantly

His incredibly strong arm is more of a weakness than a strength

He gets overexcited/plays out of control

I need a trustworthy gamer QB who plays under control and can put the proper touch on throws.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

Cue up the AFC Champs signs for the Dolphins. 

At the very least this game should be tied. Josh had some bad INT's but the first one doesn't happen if that egregious PI on Knox doesn't happen. I feel like it might be a long night. What's even more frustrating is we can move down the field but not do anything when we get there, and on that 4th and 2 I just don't understand why Josh didn't just run. I was riding high after the Titans win, now I am deflating.

Tua is impressive.  Playing within the flow of the game, looks calm.. accurate throws.  Miami is legit for sure.  They won’t lay down here.  The Bills need to play a perfect game to have a chance.

Just now, Dopey said:

And the first. Eat the ball and take the three. Team game. 

Or try to extend... As it turned out Gabe broke to completely open air. Whether he was right or not if Josh can extend the play for an extra second he sees it. There was no one around Gabe. Another Josh panic play, and these have cost us all year long... All year... He's puckering up and I literally have no clue as to why because I've seen the dude have ice in his veins. 

Just now, Livinginthepast said:

Miami has run that pitch out play 5 times already. Have the Bills Defensive staff not noticed?

Dolphins will do it all night, cuz 1 out of 10 times they will get that, linebacker gets blocked and makes safety miss, huge play with that type of speed.

Let’s see.. Miami has two skilled guys that can hurt us tonight. Both are exceeding at touch football right now. 

So everytime the Bills aren’t playing complementary football, can we get closer to McDermott losing this job?? He stresses this (stupid) thing, and then whines when it doesn’t happen. Isn’t that his fault that his team isn’t playing his brand of football. 

OBD, please simplify your analysis and evaluations and see things for what they are. 

1 minute ago, Simstim said:

Well, let's hope Josh gets his head in the game.

Needs to start playing within structure of the offense. Backyard football will only take you so far. Needs to know when to take your chances and when to dial it back. Josh continues to put team in bad situations with the turnovers.

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Would we have more than zero and less than two TO’s in this game if Josh wasn’t playing? 

Less than two turnovers maybe unless you count turnover on downs.  Every qb in the league is throwing that Davis INT it was an absolutely nonsensical decision for him to dart to the middle of the field against an all out blitz 

Miami is getting away w holding w the dbs on d and the blockers on o.

Frankly, that's smart, even tho we are slow we are a bit of a finesse team and when it gets dirty we don't do great.

Let's hope we stop being just a stupid team and smarten up.

Allen needs to do what he did a few years back where he spent 3 months in the offseason working with his personal QB coach and getting together with his pass catchers in the offseason.

• Shocked 1