So are we just done expecting Von Miller to do anything?

dayman

Not really much you can do one way or the other.  Either he'll bounce back or he won't.  It seems like the coaching staff is giving him reps and holding out hope that he'll find his groove again. He's on the team no matter what unless he's brought up on those DV charges.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

He's going to be hell bent on restoring his image and the only way to do that is get back to form. This was by far his best game.  I expect we will see improvement transpire as the season unfolds, we will have to keep him based on cap hit next year and he will likely have one blowout final 10+ sack year in 2024. Then we will part ways in 2025.  

• Agree 5

You’re asking for the ending to the book nobody has finished reading. 
One sack fumble week 18 to clinch the game if it ends up the big game it could be or some other major impact play and nobody will care he was invisible during this stretch. From the football side of things anyways. 

• Like (+1) 1

I do not understand why anyone would choose this game, of all the games he’s played this year, to convey this message. 

He actually affected Mahomes late in the 4th a few times.  Looked like he finally started figuring some things out. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6

36 minutes ago, dayman said:

Idk about the rest of you but it’s basically looking like he’s done. Obviously eating eat huge cap now and in the future, and no signs of ever being a difference maker.

Von is just now starting to come into form from his ACL injury, his recovery time is absolutely normal and what is/was expected. He will not be his old self for a bit more time. The OPs thread / expectations doesn’t take this into consideration, one might ask why the OP doesn’t realize this…, 

GO BILLS!!!

• Thank you (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, dayman said:

Idk about the rest of you but it’s basically looking like he’s done. Obviously eating eat huge cap now and in the future, and no signs of ever being a difference maker.

I thought as the game went on, Von played a little better which gives me more hope for the future.

I will say I was extremely discouraged when I saw his first few pass rush attempts.  On one play he lined up on the right side and tried to beat a tackle and RB around the edge.  They simply pushed him so far down the field he went out of frame and never returned.  It was a really bad rep. 

• Like (+1) 2

I was giving Von until after the bye to really judge him, he tore his ACL just over a year ago at Thanksgiving. It's kind of shocking he was able to be activated after missing just the first four games. That being said we are now after the bye and while I think he showed some signs of life against KC my expectations of him this season are super low. It is possible by the playoffs he will look like a more serviceable player, against KC he at least showed something out there so there is some progress. 

Just overall I am not so sure he is going to be that much better than he currently is maybe next year they can get one more good season out of him. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

He had his best game Sunday.  I expect him to continue to improve each and every week.  

He looked a lot better, thus far he has been a complete non-factor until Sunday when he showed some signs of life. I am just not so sure with 4 games left in the season how much better he looks by season's end. But signs of life on Sunday are a positive. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

He looked a lot better, thus far he has been a complete non-factor until Sunday when he showed some signs of life. I am just not so sure with 4 games left in the season how much better he looks by season's end. But signs of life on Sunday are a positive. 

He had a hand in 3 incompletions from my recollection if he can bring that number to 5, I think that’s a great game.  I feel he can still be an impact pass rusher come playoffs. Our crazy depth at DE will allow him to remain fresh all game.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dayman said:

did you even watch the game Sunday...   these von threads are getting really old...    you want a 34 yr old to come back and be a pro bowl player 1 year after major knee surgery...   AWESOME. 

• Dislike 1

I'd rather have Von coming into his own for a potential post-season than have him pillage the opposition for the opening few games like last year. If he *does* get his body back in time - and we *do* somehow reach the playoffs - it's going to be a hell of a boon to have him back. Maybe, just maybe, this is the year instead of falling apart, we come together at just the right time. 

And maybe it will be a white Christmas and there will be lasting peace on earth too. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, dayman said:

LIke almost all ACL tears (for example Tre White's), the season after the injury is pretty much a waste as the player misses the entire off season workout program, mini camps and training camp, and this season is all about going back to playing football .  I expect him to be much better next year, assuming his age doesn't start working against him

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.