It’s Dallas week and the Division is on the line!

Einstein

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

McDaniels knows that Hill is the entire offense.

Tua could barely complete a pass when Hill went out.

Wonder how Tyreek's ankle will hold up. If it's a problem going forward, then their offense will struggle as last night proved.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

Wonder how Tyreek's ankle will hold up. If it's a problem going forward, then their offense will struggle as last night proved.

Their offense is going to struggle in the last month of the season of if Hill's ankle is holding up, IMO. Dallas, the Jets and Baltimore have good to great defenses and the Bills always seem to have something cooked up to slow their offense. Brutal matchups for Miami down the stretch.

• Like (+1) 2

Look I love a potential December Dolphins meltdown as much as anyone, but it means nothing unless the Bills keep winning.

The Bills play the Cowboys this week. We (the fanbase) got caught too much in "well let's look at the end of the year implications". One game at a time

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Einstein said:

May not be a popular opinion but I’m impressed by Vrabel as a coach.

Can’t stand him when we play him, but watching him coach against other teams I usually come away impressed. 

I’m always screaming at the TV when the director insists on camera shots of the coach staring blindly into space ….except when Vrabel is coaching. He’s freaking hilarious! 👍

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Look I love a potential December Dolphins meltdown as much as anyone, but it means nothing unless the Bills keep winning.

The Bills play the Cowboys this week. We (the fanbase) got caught too much in "well let's look at the end of the year implications". One game at a time

The fan base looking ahead at implications has absolutely zero impact on how the Bills perform vs Dallas on Sunday. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Einstein said:

If we beat Dallas this week, NOTHING will convince me that we aren’t taking the division.

We are 1.5 games back of Miami and the Dolphins still have to face Dallas, Baltimore and the Buffalo Bills!

What an incredible week. We got nearly all the help we wanted. The Bills can absolutely beat Dallas. The team is rejuvenated, they’re playing for each other as well as their head coach and leader, and Josh Allen is playing out of his mind.

I want that 4th-in-row division banner!!!

Einstein, that's the greatest thing you wrote since ...Power Discover GIF by Sweet Charee Gallery

10 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Different opinion. We (the fanbase) are allowed to do that. And yes, what it looks like today could be vastly different than what it looks like next week. But if people want to look at upcoming opponents for us and other teams and forecast that's perfectly ok. Just like people that want to look at this week only and take it from there. Different strokes for different folks, and all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The fan base looking ahead at implications has absolutely zero impact on how the Bills perform vs Dallas on Sunday. 

You sir, have never properly warded yourself for jinxes! Away with you! Run into the parking lot, turn around three times, spit and say something bad about Chris Collingsworth

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Different opinion. We (the fanbase) are allowed to do that. And yes, what it looks like today could be vastly different than what it looks like next week. But if people want to look at upcoming opponents for us and other teams and forecast that's perfectly ok. Just like people that want to look at this week only and take it from there. Different strokes for different folks, and all.

you too good sir!

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

You sir, have never properly warded yourself for jinxes! Away with you! Run into the parking lot, turn around three times, spit and say something bad about Chris Collingsworth

you too good sir!

Lol okay fair enough. Whatever approach we take as fans, the one thing that matters is that the Bills keep winning. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Well, I mean, aren’t we also coming off a big win?

I like the Bills chances regardless of what either team did last week. The 12th man will be a factor.

We are but the Bills are in survival mode at this point and shouldn't be susceptible to a letdown. It's not the same situation for Dallas imo. Agree that I like the Bills chances at home - just wish the weather was forecast to be a bit more wintry

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'm sorry, I missed your outpouring of faith for Gabe Davis as a boundary WR. Why would we ever look to try to dictate a mismatch?

Now, if that is an illegal formation, whoops on me, but I can't find anything one way or the other at the moment.

Kincaid has been great at doing what he's asked to do, and those responsibilities are vastly different than those of a boundary WR. Why would we take a strength and mess with it? I think you are assuming that asking Kincaid to go play outside, and assuming he acts as a legit threat as WR2, would somehow create different coverages and opportunities for Shakir as our slot WR? 

That's a lot of assuming, but I will assure you that even if that were to happen (it wont) and work out as you hope (questionable given why Kincaid has success doing what he is currently doing is nothing like what a boundary WR 2 is asked to do) it would not change the way defenses cover Shakir. Defenses are already shading coverage to a WR, Diggs. If we had another Diggs on the outside it wouldn't change how defenses are covering our WRs...Shakir would still get single covered or still be tasked with finding the soft spot in the zones as he is now. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Can you (or somebody else) fill me in on why he seems to be so disliked here?  He seems like a good, solid coach and can't recall anything in particular that he has done to draw ire.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Can’t stand him when we play him, but watching him coach against other teams I usually come away impressed. 

Totally agree.  Used to think Vrabel was a meathead but now I think he and McDaniels are two of the best coaches in the entire league.  Their teams are prepared and innovative.

If we win this game it should give us a very good shot at the division. The Dolphins would have Cowboys, Ravens, and us to end the season. And if we lose we would likely have to win out and Dolphins would have to lose out. Could still happen cause thats a tough stretch but less likely.

This feels like a playoff game now.  I really feel like the Bills can make a run through the playoffs with the current AFC field...  if they can steal the Division back from Miami and have a home playoff game (maybe more)...  the season can totally still be a success.

Beating Dallas would really get the snowball rolling downhill.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

tumblr_o4602aP1xY1rynk4uo1_500.gif

Lol. Same here. I am excited about what could happen, and I do believe that the Bills have the talent beat anybody. I also know McDermott is still unfortunately ready to turtle up and shoot the team in the foot with a critical coaching/time management blunder at the end of any half. Hopefully they make enough plays before the end of these games down the stretch that it won't come down to McD making critical late game decisions.

• Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Einstein said:

If we beat Dallas this week, NOTHING will convince me that we aren’t taking the division.

We are 1.5 games back of Miami and the Dolphins still have to face Dallas, Baltimore and the Buffalo Bills!

What an incredible week. We got nearly all the help we wanted. The Bills can absolutely beat Dallas. The team is rejuvenated, they’re playing for each other as well as their head coach and leader, and Josh Allen is playing out of his mind.

I want that 4th-in-row division banner!!!

Your optimism is commendable, but you're talking out two sides of your mouth.  You regard Dallas as a formidable opponent for the 'fins, but seem confident the Bills will have their way with them.

Nothing will convince you? How about the previous losses to the Patriots, Jets, Broncos, and near misses against the Bucs and Giants. Even if we clobber Dallas, I wouldn't count on a cake walk through the remaining 3 games. The Bills have found too many ways to ***** defeat from the jaws of victory this year.

Not sure how you arrived at 1.5 games back. We're 2 games back.  The most the Bills can win is 11.  If that happens then we have to hope the Dolphins lose one of the other 3 games.  In other words, they'd have to lose3 of their last 5.  Don't see that happening.

I'm hopeful the Bills can win out, just not overly optimistic. They're still banged up on defense, even more now that Hyde and Epenesa are 'week to week', which could mean an even leaner defense. 

Right now, I'm saying 50-50 to make the playoffs. We'll see soon enough.

edit: quite the filter we have here. A perfectly acceptable word that rhymes with latch is censored. 

Edited by SoMAn
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

This feels like a playoff game now.  I really feel like the Bills can make a run through the playoffs with the current AFC field...  if they can steal the Division back from Miami and have a home playoff game (maybe more)...  the season can totally still be a success.

Beating Dallas would really get the snowball rolling downhill.

Playoffs have already started.  KC was definitely a playoff game. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 34-78-83 said:

It was cute that someone said Hyde wasn't playing well when he was in (haha), but I am really hoping he's able to get in there this week 🙏

“week to week” designation almost always means the player won’t be active in the upcoming game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Totally agree.  Used to think Vrabel was a meathead but now I think he and McDaniels are two of the best coaches in the entire league.  Their teams are prepared and innovative.

I thought McDaniels completely failed in having this team ready to get punched in the face, which seemed like the only real chance Vrabel had. And that's how I saw it play out. Considering the Titans gave the Fish 21 points between their offense and ST, the Fish weren't really in this game at all and their Offense earned nothing. The Fish weren't going to beat the Titans last night but the Titans sure gave it a good try. Miami was awful- Tua lived all the way down to the most skeptical opinions of his limitations; that he can perfect the repetitions of a video game console but he has no chance if he is asked to play football. There is real reason for Fish fan meltdown and if Tyreek Hill's ankle continues to get worse the AFC East is in play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

If you look at the Cowboys schedule, they have been very impressive with one head scratcher at Arizona.

But the Bills are going to be desperate I hope, and pulling out all the stops.

I think this will be another close game.

I've looked at their schedule. The last 5 games they have been world beaters have all been home games with the exception of a road game in Carolina. Crowd noise is going to factor in and bring them down a bit. This game is very winnable.

The Dallas game will come down to Joe Brady's performance. He has 5 half's of really good play calling, followed by 1 half of Dorsey-esq performance.

Did the Chiefs do something in the second half that Dallas will duplicate and shutdown the offense? Is there now enough tape on Brady that people can prepare for him? Joe: please be creative and unpredictable.

PS: I love the new use of James Cook.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I've looked at their schedule. The last 5 games they have been world beaters have all been home games with the exception of a road game in Carolina. Crowd noise is going to factor in and bring them down a bit. This game is very winnable.

Correct me if Im wrong here but even if we lose to the Cowboys, we have Pats and Charges (must wins). Putting us at 9-7 going into the last game.

Dolphins still have the Ravens and Cowboys assuming they lose both, even if they beat the Jets it puts them at 10-6 going into the last week.

they play the Bills the last game of the season. A win puts Bills at 10-7 as well as Dolphins, but we would have both the head to heads. 

Edited by Gman10
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, boater said:

The Dallas game will come down to Joe Brady's performance. He has 5 half's of really good play calling, followed by 1 half of Dorsey-esq performance.

Did the Chiefs do something in the second half that Dallas will duplicate and shutdown the offense? Is there now enough tape on Brady that people can prepare for him? Joe: please be creative and unpredictable.

PS: I love the new use of James Cook.

Chiefs have a top notch secondary, with a corner like Snead that they can plaster on Diggs.  They have a good pass rush, centered around Chris Jones and they have fast/twitchy linebackers that they used to spy Allen.  

Dallas has a similar DL, but I don't know enough about them to determine whether they have linebackers that can stop Allen from running and/or a secondary that can cover like the Chiefs can.  

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

McDaniel looked quite innovative last night when he kicked a FG from the 2 yard line.

If he doesn't have his toys he's just another coach.

Wonder how the Dolphins O would be doing if they had suffered all the losses that the Bills D has had to deal with this year.  Wait, we kinda saw it last night when Tyreek was out.

Edited by BRH

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.