Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Simon

8 minutes ago, Process said:

He was clearly Offside. Don't know why they are pissed at the refs. 

I do think they hosed big time on the Murray catch. To me it looked like it was incomplete without question, I was shocked. But we punted to it didn't end up mattering. 

Yeah they made it up with some ticky tak holding calls that the Chiefs never seemed to commit.

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

oh, my God.  Is he really whining about the refs there???  😂😂😂

He was CLEARLY lined up Offside.  That would have been a massive screw-job against the Bills if they didn’t throw the flag there

His foot was almost lined up where the Bills defenders were...how could you complain about the call?  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Yobogoya! said:

The confusion at the end of the first half and poor play calling / time management on our last drive are both worthy of criticism, despite the win.

The thing is that poor calls like that can very often cost you the game. It's not out of line considering it's been what we've seen in our losses most of the year.

I understand being critical, but to say “lucky at the end of the game”.  It’s never luck for the other team when they beat us, it’s always our coach costing us something.

it wasn’t perfect, but defense and head coach were not problems today.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

The confusion at the end of the first half and poor play calling / time management on our last drive are both worthy of criticism, despite the win.

The thing is that poor calls like that can very often cost you the game. It's not out of line considering it's been what we've seen in our losses most of the year.

What time management would people have wanted to see differently on our final drive?  Absolutely nothing we could’ve done would’ve put the chiefs in any serious danger of not tying with a fg.  You call the plays you think are going to get you in the end zone.  And to be honest, it worked because Davis was wide open for a huge late td again 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

45 minutes ago, Simon said:

Actually that was like the Tyreek Hill fast score that gave Allen the ball back too fast in "the game".

Josh with the ball last instead of the Bills D wasn't a horrible option at that point.

Kelce's brilliant play was so smart it was almost stupid.

that play was drawn up.... i can not for the life of me remember if it was college or NFL, but i saw this exact play within the last 2-3weeks.... anybody remember who it was?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

He was CLEARLY lined up Offside.  That would have been a massive screw-job against the Bills if they didn’t throw the flag there

That ref deserves Time Man of the Year for throwing the flag. Everything in the world says he should not have don’t that. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Bills got lucky on a few ref calls in this game. 

1. that fumble that Reid challenged looked like the receiver never had possession. 

2. Holding on Chiefs which got the ball closer for the game winning FG.

3. Offside on KC to get a KC TD off the board.

They were all the right call, but easily could have been overlooked especially the foot offside.. 

That said 1 down. 4 to go and Dallas and Miami the toughest test left on the schedule. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3

5 minutes ago, Real McClappy said:

What kill shot was that? Even if we scored a TD it's not a kill shot with that much time. I'd much rather juice the entire clock to 3 secs and kick a GW FG.

That is a kill shot and controlling the game so KC wouldn't even see the field again.

Up by seven is better than three, not trying to be a jerk. What I made reference is to is how people have complained much about not being aggressive enough. McDermott was tonight. 

Had they went run, run, run, kicked the field goal, and lost….People would complain about not trying to score a TD. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

1-0 with the new logo 

20231210_192342.jpg

Let me add this cause I've been here long enough. This is poking fun at McDermott for that stupid speech. I don't support terrorists 

Be prepared for incoming from the aggrieved, offended and insulted crowd who find umbrage everywhere they look, real and imagined.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

The flag was out before the pass even happened.  

Can you imagine the travesty if they picked up the flag and allowed the Offside just because it was a cool play?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I think when mahomes sees the replay he might soften a bit on this outrage. 

I'll have to see the replay again my own self, but I seem to remember that both the ball and Toney were by a hash mark so you didn't need to look down the line.  You could see the ball at the front of the hash mark and Toney stepping over the other one.

47 minutes ago, Simon said:

Actually that was like the Tyreek Hill fast score that gave Allen the ball back too fast in "the game".

Josh with the ball last instead of the Bills D wasn't a horrible option at that point.

Kelce's brilliant play was so smart it was almost stupid.

It was flat out stupid imo 😂. Now they’re whining over a valid call that cost them a td with plenty of time remaining for the bills to win the game?  It’s insane 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

We just beat the defending champs in their house and people are complaining?

So many entitled Dbag Bills fans right now. Need to check yourself. Chiefs Bengals, Bills are all underachieving for various reasons. Really shows a underlying ignorance of many

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Usually if you’re not sure you can check with a line judge and they give you an ok…I mean I am much less involved in the nfl than mahomes haha but that’s how I’ve always heard it explained 

If so that’s up to them to ask. If they decided not to, then…

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Game of inches.

We got very lucky, though.  The usual issues did present themselves - but we got bailed out by a receiver who was an inch into the neutral zone.

A W is a W, but it doesn't alleviate my trepidation in close games.

Couple of things - he was an entire body in front of anyone else on the Chiefs.  You have to line up behind the football, he very clearly was not.  If it was an inch they wouldn't have called it.

Second, they finally win a close game and you still think they can't win close games?  That doesn't make any sense.  Does it make up for the other games this year that they should've closed out but didn't?  No, but this game has to help any fan's confidence that the Bills can win the close ones

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.