It’s Chiefs week - and the season is on the line

Einstein

23 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

Since 2017 KC is #1 after a loss with a record of 20-7

Since 2017 (McDermotts first year as Buffalo’s HC) the Bills are #2 after a loss with a record of 27-13

Since 2017 Buffalo is #1 coming off of a bye-week with a record of 7-0

Strength vs Strength

This is a bigtime matchup for both teams. It should be another good one.

Hopefully we come out on top. 

OP is right. Playoffs start on Sunday.

• Agree 1

A thought:

The Bills need to go no-huddle but use the entire play clock. It keeps the KC offense off the field and, more importantly, the Bills D off the field.

Did anyone else notice that the Eagles were milking the clock the entire game--it seemed every snap was with less than 5 seconds on the play clock. Why? To keep the Bills offense off the field, and with that, we still scored over 30 points.

We know the Bills' offense can score points again; now, use the offense to protect and help the Defense.

38 minutes ago, CSBill said:

A thought:

The Bills need to go no-huddle but use the entire play clock. It keeps the KC offense off the field and, more importantly, the Bills D off the field.

Did anyone else notice that the Eagles were milking the clock the entire game--it seemed every snap was with less than 5 seconds on the play clock. Why? To keep the Bills offense off the field, and with that, we still scored over 30 points.

We know the Bills' offense can score points again; now, use the offense to protect and help the Defense.

I don't like the Idea of using the full play clock unless we are up by 3 TD.  Bills are not good time management team.  Josh often change the play call with less than 10 seconds and when we rush the play call change, the results are not usually positives.  Being away game at KC, this will not help.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Can't wait for this game to get the bad thoughts of the Philly game out. I been saying all season that KC offense is not good.  They have had good games just like us but also bad games just like us. I think we actually have better weapons than they do this year.  They have Pacheco and an aging Kelce.  Thats about it.  As long as our offense plays like it has the last two weeks, we have a good shot at winning this one.  

But but but... Mahomes is the Annointed One! He's better than Allen and everyone else because he wins championships, no matter who he has around him! Isn't that what everyone is always saying? 

• Like (+1) 2

Mahomes has a few things in his favor over Allen. He has a much better HC and coaching staff in general. A much better OL. The best TE in football. For a while a great WR in Tyreek Hill when he was there. His defense knows how to get critical stops in big games. Allen's D can't protect a 3-point lead with 13 left and the other team starting at their 25. Talent, wise I think Mahomes and Allen are equal, but he is considered the best because of those two Lombardi trophies while Allen has none.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The Bills should be at full-strength. 

Knox should be back, Fournette still has call-up availability, and there are no other injuries on offense. 

On defense, Rapp should be back, Dane not sure with 3 DNP's the week before, but possibly back, Elam has sat out his 4 weeks if you want it, another week for Rousseau to get healthier. 

I expect a great effort out of the Bills. 

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Knox should be back, Fournette still has call-up availability, and there are no other injuries on offense. 

On defense, Rapp should be back, Dane not sure with 3 DNP's the week before, but possibly back, Elam has sat out his 4 weeks if you want it, another week for Rousseau to get healthier. 

They gave a great effort in Philly as well. 

14 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

If the Bills aren’t ahead by 17 with 2 minutes left, it’s a loss. 

Thanks, you've just the set the stage for our next "instant classic" soul crushing loss, that will obviously come to be known as the "17 and 2" game. 

I hope you're happy. 😂

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Yobogoya! said:

Thanks, you've just the set the stage for our next "instant classic" soul crushing loss, that will obviously come to be known as the "17 and 2" game. 

I hope you're happy. 😂

If anyone can blow a 17-point lead with just 2 minutes left its Coach Mc13seconds.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

I hope you're happy. 😂

If Josh Allen walks off the field with a lead or even a tie at the very end...and the Bills ultimately lose,  McDermott should be canned on the spot.  Not allowed to fly back on their Delta charter.  

• Agree 2

39 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

People still talking about Fournette as if he is part of this team?  Might as well be talking about Eli Ankou. 

20 minutes ago, boyst said:

meine katze ist nett und schon. das wetter is schlect, haben eine regenschirm?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Negan said:

I wonder who made the run calls on first down in OT against the Eagles.  I have a feeling it was McDermott.  

We're are soo screwed with McDermott, its no wonder we haven't won an OT game in years.

Has there been a coach with a worse record in OT than McD?  It's the costanza factor, the team would be better off doing the exact opposite of whatever MCD's instinct is.  We all knew that the Bills lost in Philly the second they tied it in the 4th.  McD can't win late, can't win in OT, and can't win the biggest games.  I don't see what can possibly change since he seems immune to learning

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Has there been a coach with a worse record in OT than McD?  It's the costanza factor, the team would be better off doing the exact opposite of whatever MCD's instinct is.  We all knew that the Bills lost in Philly the second they tied it in the 4th.  McD can't win late, can't win in OT, and can't win the biggest games.  I don't see what can possibly change since he seems immune to learning

Yep, I just knew Josh and Gabe would miss a wide open game winning TD...  Damn you McD!!!

40 minutes ago, NewEra said:

People still talking about Fournette as if he is part of this team?  Might as well be talking about Eli Ankou. 

Well I guess the point is everyone is available to McDermott and the staff. 

The big 3 injuries were White, Milano and Daquan. 

Douglas has replaced White (84 PFF overall to 68 PFF overall). 

So we are down D. Jones and Matt Milano for this game, and that's it. 

Joseph is grading at a 37 PFF overall and Daquan at a 90 PFF overall, so that's not been close to a full replacement, at least by their grading. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Yep, I just knew Josh and Gabe would miss a wide open game winning TD...  Damn you McD!!!

The implication here being that for the Bills to win a game that they had a 2 score lead in that it definitively requires heroics by Josh Allen, not wise coaching, not a big play on D, not the bravery to take a shot downfield with 30 seconds left.  You absolve the coach of any responsibility whatsoever. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, boater said:

"It’s Chiefs week - and the season is on the line"

That's the understatement of the year.

@ Chiefs
COWBOYS
@ Chargers
PATRIOTS
@ Dolphins

We're flirting with having a losing season.

If we beat the Chiefs, I'm feeling good.   I like the match-up w/ Dallas, especially at home.  Chargers & Pats should be W's, unless we continue to lose games that there is no way we should lose (possible, but unlikely imo).  

And if we're heading into that final week on a run and needing the win to make the playoffs, that's all we can ask. Obviously, we can beat Miami - we usually do.  It will be a tough game, but they could be resting starters at that point too.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

One thing to note about the percentages on the NYT tool is that when you select the Bills to win out, it only calculates odds for those results. It isn't "smart" in that it doesn't assume any data you don't give it. 

So if you have the Bills win out they have 11 wins to everybody else in the leagues 10 or less. Once you start mapping the other games the Bills playoff chances start to drop drastically. 

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

There is never a game in which players execute the offense perfectly.  Well wait Allen and company's win in the playoffs against NE comes close.  But over all it's an insane expectation.  The FACT is that the Bills offense played great against the Eagles.  That loss as with many others can be laid at the feet of questionable coaching decisions.

1 hour ago, boater said:

"It’s Chiefs week - and the season is on the line"

That's the understatement of the year.

@ Chiefs
COWBOYS
@ Chargers
PATRIOTS
@ Dolphins

We're flirting with having a losing season.

Remember in the preseason when one of the bobbleheads on TV predicted the bills would be 8-9 and we all lost our minds? Good times, man

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Remember in the preseason when one of the bobbleheads on TV predicted the bills would be 8-9 and we all lost our minds? Good times, man

I remember Steve Tasker predicting them to go all the way.. because of "all the talent on the roster"

"Talent" ha ha.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.