It’s Chiefs week - and the season is on the line

Einstein

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

You're not entirely wrong, but Pacheco and an aging Kelce is A Lot.

Sure but not as much as last year.  We have a Diggs, Cook, Kincaid, Shakir, and even Davis would be their #1 wr on the Chiefs this year.  Also, regardless of what people think, our Oline has played really well this year.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

You're not entirely wrong, but Pacheco and an aging Kelce is A Lot.

Doesn't seem like that much when they have scored 21 or fewer points 7 of their 12 games. At some point you are what your results say you are. This says their much improved D has carried that team with an average to below average offense for much of the year.  That D could remain scary good for quite some time...most of their good players outside of Chris Jones are 1st or 2nd year players.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Probably more to do with the inability to replenish their wide receivers.  They are mediocre at that position across the board.  

Yup. Dropping balls, running wrong routes, running bad routes. 

Got a feeling that they get this cleaned up this week. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Yup. Dropping balls, running wrong routes, running bad routes. 

Got a feeling that they get this cleaned up this week. 

I am not sure why they would be more likely to suddenly be good this week,  although that is always possible I suppose.  

26 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Sure but not as much as last year.  We have a Diggs, Cook, Kincaid, Shakir, and even Davis would be their #1 wr on the Chiefs this year.  Also, regardless of what people think, our Oline has played really well this year.

Kelce has 74 ypg this season.  Last season it was 78.  8.7 vs 8.8 y/tgt.  Not much fall off.  3.9 1st downs per game vs 4.6 is probably significant.

The Chiefs rookie 2nd rounder Rashee Rice is at 52 receptions and 49.3 ypg, though that's a bit skewed by 100+ yd game vs. LVR. 

So no, factually, Davis at 39 receptions and 49.6 ypg would not be the Chiefs #1 wr (and factually, the Chiefs #1 receiver has been Kelce for several years now)

Diggs of course would be their #1 WR, but Shakir is at the same level of contribution as the Chiefs Justin Watson or MVS.

Kincaid is starting to contribute, thankfully

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Kelce has 74 ypg this season.  Last season it was 78.  8.7 vs 8.8 y/tgt.  Not much fall off.  3.9 1st downs per game vs 4.6 is probably significant.

The Chiefs rookie 2nd rounder Rashee Rice is at 52 receptions and 49.3 ypg, though that's a bit skewed by 100+ yd game vs. LVR. 

So no, factually, Davis at 39 receptions and 49.6 ypg would not be the Chiefs #1 wr (and factually, the Chiefs #1 receiver has been Kelce for several years now)

Diggs of course would be their #1 WR, but Shakir is at the same level of contribution as the Chiefs Justin Watson or MVS.

Kincaid is starting to contribute, thankfully

Sorry I dont agree with you.  Kelce has not been the same factor as he has been.  That is not to say he hasnt been a factor.  That is to say that he isn't the same.  I don't care what the stats show.  Roughly half his games this season have been under 60 yards.  He only has 9 catches of 20+ yards this year and only 5 tds.  He is still good but he has lost a little bit.

I also don't agree on receivers.  When I say receivers I am talking about WR.  TE's are not part of that equation in the sense I am talking about.  Davis is just as good or better than any receiver they have.  I am not even a Davis supporter.  You can't use stats to quantify that because his stats here would not necessarily be his stats there.  What I have seen there is their guys dropping balls all season.  Not unlike Davis but it's all their guys.  Rice is probably their most sure receiver.  They have not succesfully replace JuJu and while JuJu isn't elite like Diggs, he was still better than the other receivers they currently have.  So, IMO their weapons are not as good as last season.

6 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

Man, we must have this win. There is no tomorrow. Our playoffs start now. I hope this team plays with that understanding and the appropriate aggressiveness. 

Not actual aggressiveness but ‘appropriate’ aggressiveness. That pretty much sums up the McD ere. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

It's gotta suck to be KC and knowing you're the old scrawny lion, ribs showing through your patchy fur,  just waiting for the young guy to come whip your ass and take your kingdom 

I hear yips and howls on the horizon, Chiefs "kingdom "

Yeah really sucks to be them I’m sure. Polishing those recent Super Bowl trophies must be terrible. 

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Sorry I dont agree with you.  Kelce has not been the same factor as he has been. 

Women weaken legs. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.